Extension of temporary ban on all international flights to Thailand until 30 June 2020

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lines up with the Amnesty period on Visa's is how I see it.  Lets see if if does not get pushed again

Well sorta. Thats a LOT of folk that would need exit within one month period. Think your right regarding extending amnesty.

BTW.... I have 2 flight cancellations from bkk to Melb and bkk to Osaka. Yeah I got credits from Jetstar. Guess what the flight cost is more than double normal for future booking. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Well sorta. Thats a LOT of folk that would need exit within one month period. Think your right regarding extending amnesty.

BTW.... I have 2 flight cancellations from bkk to Melb and bkk to Osaka. Yeah I got credits from Jetstar. Guess what the flight cost is more than double normal for future booking. 

My Flights out on Delta were not canceled just date changed and re-routed, but why fly to the US when I can not return 2 weeks later like I was suppose to do...At least I have Delta E-credits good until September 2022

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's not up to the Thai government or business for tourists returning. External countries have quarantine for it's citizens or bans from them leaving, until these conditions are lifted, very few tourists going anywhere.

Governments talk to Governments.

I am quite sue they'll tell you what's what when they see fit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, michel7752 said:

SWISS airline is scheduling BKK for July, to

IMO means zip. Book a flight. Then when it's cancelled obtain your credit towards future flight. 

As much as folk can complain about  AirAsia. I had 2 cancelled flights April and May. They allowed free change to September and Oct. Have flight June 12. Zero chance of that happening.

I have credits from Saigon to Melb. Just looked at Jan/feb 2021. Price DOUBLE.

Edited by DrJack54

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Movement at very least out of Thailand would be required prior to end of amnesty.

There has never been a block on movement out of Thailand,,flights out are and always have been available

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

Oh, my Buddha , we are prisoners in Land of smiles .

Not prisoners, just some of the folks here are long extended guests, while others are tourists who need to extend because they did not want to leave the Land of Smiles.....

From COVID briefing response today there is no plans for even allowing those with work permits to return anytime soon (talk of having to return Thai before thinking of such matters and hope that could be done in June - but from amounts that were mentioned needing to return it does not seem realistic if quarantine of only 300 per day is available).  As for those married to Thai and stuck outside country they do not even seem to be on any radar above general tourists - it could be months. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

From COVID briefing response today there is no plans for even allowing those with work permits to return anytime soon (talk of having to return Thai before thinking of such matters and hope that could be done in June - but from amounts that were mentioned needing to return it does not seem realistic if quarantine of only 300 per day is available).  As for those married to Thai and stuck outside country they do not even seem to be on any radar above general tourists - it could be months. 

I would have to agree with you and it is unfortunate that all of those who need to be repatriated have not been brought back.  Then at the same time those families separated are suffering as well.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not prisoners, just some of the folks here are long extended guests, while others are tourists who need to extend because they did not want to leave the Land of Smiles.....

Not necessarily so.

Some tourists might have a genuine reason to be stuck here.  Waiting for a refund from previous cancelled flight or flights and possibly therefore unable to pay for another flight home.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, taninthai said:

There has never been a block on movement out of Thailand,,flights out are and always have been available

I was referring to the bigger picture. Many folk currently in Thailand are hoping to exit via airport or land borders. 

Many air options have not been possible. As outlined on many threads. Esp folk needing transit stop such as Taiwan. 

Also refer to post #34. Many in that situation.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1