BANGKOK
pops1

Marriage visa 90 day border runs and Nong Khai

What do I do? My 90 day border run is due on 30th may and I'm not sure what to do as the border is closed. Any advice would be gratefully received.

• Sad 1

You could start by posting in the correct forum.

You can stay until July 31.

• Like 2

I'll move your question to the correct forum.

17 minutes ago, pops1 said:

What is the correct forum?

You just posted on it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, pops1 said:

How did I do that?

Because it was moved to this forum.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, theoldgit said:

I'll move your question to the correct forum.

@pops1 @Mitkof Island Really! Pops1 I understand your at loss thoughts, but, MItkof, you are an oldy TV poster...

There is a complete amnesty, sort of, on Visa runners. You do not need to do anything until the end of July. The 31st is the 'deadline'.  Do not go to Immigration.  Near the end of July, you should either get out of Thailand, make your border run or apply for an extension.  I suggest you don't wait for the 31st. There will be nothing but a packed house everywhere (borders, airport and IO's).

• Thanks 2

On 5/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

@pops1 @Mitkof Island Really! Pops1 I understand your at loss thoughts, but, MItkof, you are an oldy TV poster...

There is a complete amnesty, sort of, on Visa runners. You do not need to do anything until the end of July. The 31st is the 'deadline'.  Do not go to Immigration.  Near the end of July, you should either get out of Thailand, make your border run or apply for an extension.  I suggest you don't wait for the 31st. There will be nothing but a packed house everywhere (borders, airport and IO's).

Thanks for your input. I was just concerned that if I don't go to immigration they would try and extort me later. 

Just to clarify please, if your non-0 multi expires PRIOR to July 31st you don’t need to do anything at all as in go to immigration for them to update your stamp to that date ?? 

So in effect when you next do your border run you will go with a seriously expired stamp. 

Correct ? 

6 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Just to clarify please, if your non-0 multi expires PRIOR to July 31st you don’t need to do anything at all as in go to immigration for them to update your stamp to that date ?? 

You non-o visa expiring means nothing after you are in the country. Only the admitted until date on your arrival stamp is important.

You can stay in the country until July 31st without a problem.

6 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

So in effect when you next do your border run you will go with a seriously expired stamp. 

Yes

But it is not important since immigration officers are well aware of the amnesty. I have already seen an example where a person was able to leave the country by air and only got a note under his departure stamp stating he was under the amnesty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You non-o visa expiring means nothing after you are in the country. Only the admitted until date on your arrival stamp is important.

You can stay in the country until July 31st without a problem.

Yes

But it is not important since immigration officers are well aware of the amnesty. I have already seen an example where a person was able to leave the country by air and only got a note under his departure stamp stating he was under the amnesty.

Cheers - I can see a lot of border town giks not being happy. 😁

Just a bit of further clarification while I have your attention - the ‘admitted until’ stamps, can they be extended at an immigration office without doing a border run ? 

On 5/26/2020 at 3:59 PM, pops1 said:

Thanks for your input. I was just concerned that if I don't go to immigration they would try and extort me later. 

Someone posted a video from Richard Barrow's site with the Immigration spokesman definitely saying any non immigrant visas are covered by the amnesty. I have saved it to my phone and I if have any trouble with sus Immigration officers was going to play it.

• Like 1