More restrictions eased as ‘Phase 2’ of lifting lockdown begins

rooster59

More restrictions eased as ‘Phase 2’ of lifting lockdown begins

By The Phuket News

1589652711_1-org.jpg

Shopping malls are allowed to stay open until 8pm as long as they strictly observe mandatory health guidelines. Photo: Central Group

PHUKET: Hundreds of businesses across the island are allowed to open from today (May 17) as Phase 2 of the relaxation of the restrictions introduced to prevent the spread COVID-19 come into effect.

The further easing of the restrictions announced on Friday were ratified by publication in the Royal Thai Government Gazette yesterday.

As such, the national nationwide nightly curfew is now from 11pm to 4am.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-restrictions-eased-as-phase-2-of-lifting-lockdown-begins-76079.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-17

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just watching the news and beaches are opening in many countries with much worse outbreaks than Thailand.

What's their problem here?

They might be afraid that some people that have lost their jobs/income might start sleeping on the beach.  Then more join them and soon you have a small tent city of homeless people living on the beach.  This scenario  has happened in several Euro countries but maybe not on the beach but at a local park. It becomes a nightmare to peacefully remove these people as they have nowhere to go.  

• Confused 2

Our pools at our condominium complex here in Pattaya are open now. If I look down of course nobody has a mask and several people are in the water to escape the heat and are talking to each other. They are next to each other - could not be closer together. I walked on the road outside before. Several people were without a mask or simply pulled it down. I think this is the beginning of the end of the Corona fight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

We do not want those "worse outbreaks" that other countries are experiencing ????

I'm confused, if there are no cases and there haven't been for a couple of weeks, how do these "worse outbreaks" happen when no one is allowed on the island and the airports are closed.  Are the Rohinya going to finally come in off their boats and infect us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just watching the news and beaches are opening in many countries with much worse outbreaks than Thailand.

What's their problem here?

All they need to say is " no sitting in the shade, you must be on the sand in the sun"  That would solve what they think are the people that want to sit in the shade and booze.  As a matter of fact, I see the locals doing this daily, sitting in the shade and boozing close to the beach.

Edited by steelepulse

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Protecting the populus

If you really knew HOW Covid 19 could affect you , then slowly , slowly is the best option, if there is a resurgence which I hope there is not, then as the Thai Population think it is all over, judging by their actions and lack of following Social Distancing , then it will be very traumatic. 

In Pattaya particularly in town west of Sukhumvit they are doing all the things as outlined. I went with the family to Big C Extra and we weren't able to eat together due to social distancing so we decided to try a local place no problem eating together nor sharing.

On the way home we drove around Lake Maphrachan it was a mad house vehicle parked everywhere no social distancing at all, foot carts with people waiting for their food, people drinking everywhere it was as they were celebrating the virus was over on the Pong side of the Lake they were even having a full soccer game being played with attendance this was right in front of the police station.

This was a clear violation that there is no rules outside of the main city interesting if there will be a uptick in a week, if not just open it all up!

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

Our pools at our condominium complex here in Pattaya are open now. If I look down of course nobody has a mask and several people are in the water to escape the heat and are talking to each other. They are next to each other - could not be closer together. I walked on the road outside before. Several people were without a mask or simply pulled it down. I think this is the beginning of the end of the Corona fight. 

Same same in Phuket last few days falangs moving about without masks. Seems that some shift has taken place in the minds of some folks and masks are no longer required by temporary Covid laws. Saw a few folks (strangers visiting) at our condo today coming and going without masks.

I believe the authorities' report here about the number of cases. It says they have managed to contain the spread of covid. But again, if there haven't been cases for days, why did they postpone the opening of Phuket Airport? I know Phuket is precious in tourism business and the best measures to protect it have been taken, but if the authorities  keep on with this- no flights , no beaches, hmm, then we may start to have some doubts

6 hours ago, looking on the bright side said:

I believe the authorities' report here about the number of cases. It says they have managed to contain the spread of covid. But again, if there haven't been cases for days, why did they postpone the opening of Phuket Airport? I know Phuket is precious in tourism business and the best measures to protect it have been taken, but if the authorities  keep on with this- no flights , no beaches, hmm, then we may start to have some doubts

How tourists get here. No international flights allowed into Thailand until 1 July 2020.