Just don't drill through the wall all of the way.  But then what are you planning on fixing to the wall.  The walls should be thick enough in a condo or townhouse to bolt a television holder to the wall if that is what your looking at doing....I never asked I just did it.  I put anchor bolts in and attached them to my book cases so they would not topple over...

• Thanks 1

Not me doing the work. Other side of the 2.5 metre high garden wall neighbour is drilling and bolting some sort of metal frame for canvas type roofs/covers.

We own our side, he is renting, obviously house garden not condos.

Edited by overherebc

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Generally the wall is split 50/50, even if you own it and a guy builds next door. Obviously if your wall is built back from the lot line it is 100% yours but then your neighbour has a bit of your plot. 

You can attach anything you wish to your side of the wall and vice versa. Even on top as long as you don't go over 50%. I did this for customers for over 10 years.

So I would take it being as it's not considered a 'permanent building' and is not for living in it's ok. The half metre or metre if has a window rule doesn't apply.

I'm thinking what anyone does on their side of the wall is their business. A quick visit to the Tambon office will provide the answers. 

However if they are using the adjoining wall as part of a structure then windows above the wall should be a no non. 

A mate of mine has a corner garage. One wall is not the adjoining wall as the neighbour complained. Another adjacent to an empty lot does use the adjoining wall which was built by him many years ago.

If the neighbour has been to the Tambon office and got permission....... 

Note . Only thinking, I'm not a Tambon official.

Edited by VocalNeal

Look for a small round concrete post in the ground at the corner point of your property. 

Check the number on it corresponds with the number on your house title deed. 

If it corresponds, and the wall is on your side of it, then it's yours. 

If it's in the middle of the wall then it's shared. 

If you can't find it, you can pay a couple of thousand baht for the land office to come out and measure. 

Or you could just suck it up, and wish your neighbour well with his project. 

The post is about the size of a jam jar 

Edited by northsouthdevide

I think you are talking about exterior walls that divide you land?  if that is the case it is common that one particular side that you share with your neighbor you do as you like from my experience. For myself when I moved in I placed those security bars with spikes no mentioned I couldn't. After time the walls develop cracks I've seal them drill into the water so I can hang up my hose racks etc.. never had a problem nor did I have problems with my other neighbors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 2:06 PM, Isan Farang said:

Before the purchase of any land its best to have the land office confirm the measurement is correct, if the Chanote markers are not in the correct position or the numbers are not clear they will fit new markers and change the numbers on the Chanote.

On some land my wife purchased, after the measurement was done we had the posts cemented to prevent them being easily moved.

P5130148.JPG

This is superb noob advice that I wish I had thought of. I documented our marker posts with lots of archived photos.. Sprayed them red.. etc.. 

Since then building works, agricultural works, and a surprising amount of 'decay' to the cement pins caused degradation, movement, etc.. Good neighbours means it has been solved without issue, and we paid for some moved pins (idiot builder) to be reset by the land office, but this simple step if done at the start, would have saved lots of grief. 

Simple, easy, and should have thought of it.. But I would say anyone who wants to future proof themselves should do this immediately at purchase. 

• Like 1