British police arrest 19 at London protest against social distancing

rooster59

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Still in the eu bound by their rules aren,t we?

Yes; until 31/12.20.

But this isn't a matter for the EU, it is a matter for individual members to deal with as they see fit.

We don't even have the same rules and regulations in the four countries of this United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland!

Having said that, the 27 governments have agreed a common response to the virus. We were invited to join in, but the government either declined or didn't get the memo, depending on who you believe.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Piers Corbyn isn't a "leftie". He's a lifelong leading light in the tinfoil hat brigade,

he isn't even a member of the Labour Party. One of the original climate change deniers who received tacit support from M. Thatcher. He currently leads the anti vaxers.

No surprise at all that he's a Covid-19 denier. Even the government admits that deaths from Covid-19 are seriously under reported not over reported.

Do you really think a "leftie" would make a comment like that, putting business before peoples lives?

The comments about Bill Gates are complete nonsense perpetrated by anti vaxers, of which he is a vocal member.

Mr Corbyn does come over as a bit of a fruitcake, but his scepticism about the the current pandemic and Bill Gates are justified. Do the research, or PM me and I'll provide some helpful links.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I've done the research thanks. The only links that you could possibly provide me as to a Covid "hoax" or Bill Gates the devil incarnate, would be links to conspiracy theorists. Thanks but no thanks.

Now that's what I CALL a closed mind.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

It's nauseating to see that some creep thinks it funny that 33 British bus drivers had been fatal victims of this Covid 19.

Click on the smiley and you'll see that it was @Salerno.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another NHS bobsleigh team clip has surfaced on tik tok, this time set to the tune of Titanic & featuring twelve NHS employees on a hospital bed towing two more on a computer chair and a push bike.

Here's a screenshot from the front of the Titanic & yet again there isn't a patient in sight...

image.png.5eab80ad22c7a70b9fd4e7aa54300cdd.png

I have no idea when it was filmed or the circumstances but it makes a mockery of UK's alledged predicament & HMG's attempts to put things right. Why are so many hospitals empty and what has become of their (normal/routine) patients?

11 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Correct, you have no idea when it was filmed or the circumstances, so why claim that it makes a mockery of the UK's "attempt" to put things right?

Due to the workload of the staff, all elective surgery is on hold and the wards that deal with that normally, have been temporarily mothballed.

...therefore potentially damaging very expensive taxpayers property or injuring themselves in the process is perfectly ok? I don't think so.

Weren't you up in arms a couple of years ago when Paratroopers filmed themselves similarly misbehaving on a rifle range by shooting at targets of Jeremy Corbyn?

Let me guess "but that's different!"....?

The selective hypocrisy in these threads of late beggars belief. 

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

...therefore potentially damaging very expensive taxpayers property or injuring themselves in the process is perfectly ok? I don't think so.

Weren't you up in arms a couple of years ago when Paratroopers filmed themselves similarly misbehaving on a rifle range by shooting at targets of Jeremy Corbyn?

Let me guess "but that's different!"....?

The selective hypocrisy in these threads of late beggars belief. 

There's little love lost between Jeremy Corbyn and Tommy Atkins.

If JC had had his way they'd all be collecting their P45s and queuing up outside the Job Centre. He also got rather chummy with the leaders of Hamas and the IRA.

During and since the Cold War Michael Foot and Lord Longford  were among other left wing liberals who wanted the armed forces reduced. 

The modern Labour Party is no friend of the British serviceman. Nor the average British working man.

• Like 2