British police arrest 19 at London protest against social distancing

rooster59

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

Not commenting on the topic, but just to say that I'm amazed at the police attire.  I can understand that it's difficult for them to always stay 2 metres apart, so where on earth are their face-masks???

could be the ppe is being utilized for the front line health workers, perhaps the supply available is low. Trouble is if a cop is an asymptomatic carrier yelling commands is going to spread a lot of virus droplets.. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping Thailand keeps its gates shut till the world figures out which way they want to go for presently the globe is herding cats. And there's nothing wrong with protesting government actions online without endangering other peoples lives, though I guess it's a lot less dramatic thus non satisfying for some..

12 minutes ago, mrfill said:

And just a note about the UK Freedom Movement who tried to organise 60 of these gatherings. The UK Freedom Movement is run by the Britain First fan, Jayda Fransen. (See https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12579584/officers ). Britain First is rather like the UK version of the KKK without the pointy hats. All the usual dog whistle stuff..

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/who-are-the-organisers-of-bristols-two-mass-gatherings/

Actually, the posters advertising the events say they came from the UK Freedom Movement.

Their founder, Richard Inman, has gone to great lengths to disassociate his movement from Fransen's.

However, as a vocal supporter of Yaxley-Lennon and others with similar politics, Inman obviously shares many of Fransen's views.

To be fair, though, to Inman, he also says that his organisation is not responsible for the posters and the events are nothing to do with his organisation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Corbyn wasn’t there.

Try again.

It was Jeremy's brother Piers Corbyn who was there. The elderly bloke in the photo behind the two cops.

The one with grey hair like Worzel Gummidge had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Large group? About 40 apparently.

https://inews.co.uk/news/jeremy-corbyn-brother-piers-arrested-hyde-park-protests-lockdown-5g-2855651

And just a note about the UK Freedom Movement who tried to organise 60 of these gatherings. The UK Freedom Movement is run by the Britain First fan, Jayda Fransen. (See https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12579584/officers ). Britain First is rather like the UK version of the KKK without the pointy hats. All the usual dog whistle stuff..

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/who-are-the-organisers-of-bristols-two-mass-gatherings/

Is Piers Corbyn a member of Britain First? Is Jeremy also going to join Britain First now that he's no longer the leader of the Labour Party?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

He was standing there quietly with the officers until he sees he is being filmed.

He wasn't pushed to the ground; when he sees the cameras he drops to the ground and starts struggling.

Then the police have to restrain him.

If he dropped to the ground as you say why did he need restraining and who would he be struggling with if he was lying on the ground.

Why didn't the cops just leave him lying on the ground? It's not illegal to lie on the ground in a public park.

You know it, I know it and everyone who saw the video know that the plod just could not resist throwing their weight around and their doing so gave him the ideal opportunity to play the victim.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you think a cop must stand there jousting, Queensbury rules etc, they are not paid to do that stuff, if a tool crosses the line they are taken down as quickly as possible, cuffed and put in a wagon.......

I assume you want a boxing match, where all the crowd can get involved.....Gawd...????

Why on earth would you assume that I would want a boxing match.

I don't even watch boxing matches nor any other sporting event.

And how can any sort of a tool cross any line. I've yet to see a spanner or a screwdriver grow legs. They could of course have been thrown at the police but there is no mention of that in the article.

Edited by yogi100

8 minutes ago, laosnative said:

taken down ...minimum force , no batons used to harm ,maybe evidence of some restraining.........

Why was he taken down?

where is the evidence of police brutality that so many people using their phones would love to have captured?

There you go again, you just have to try and spoil someone's effort at sensationalism..... ????

• Like 2

The guy being arrested is young enough to take a hit.  What he did receive was mild at best, probably all the energy these gender fluid piglets could muster.  There is no brutality shown in this video, and would suggest people believing this is brutality is the reason these piglets can get away with what they do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, laosnative said:

taken down ...minimum force , no batons used to harm ,maybe evidence of some restraining.........

Why was he taken down?

where is the evidence of police brutality that so many people using their phones would love to have captured?

Repeat question from #88:

Can an ex plod please give it the once over as I doubt both knees to the body preceded by a swift toe-punt to the ribs can be found in the DS handbook at Hendon.

Edited by evadgib
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

Plod acting as Parliaments Army doesn't bode well under the 1688 bill of rights & I couldn't help noticing a number of fines have been dismissed by the appropriate authorities which presumably will lead to charges for wrongful arrest/malicious prosecution being brought against them in due course.

Don't we have ACT's now? No need for outdated time wasting referendums.  Besides the Government will take care of us and knows what's best for us ensuring we are safe.  Governments are also more intelligent and wiser than people and can identify future threats to our well being and implement the necessary changes that we need.

Take the importation of s**t tins of non integratable religious zealots, on the surface it seems the Government is trying to erase western identity but i'm sure this is for our benifit.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I was still in school in the 80s but I can remember the thuggish tactics of the police during the miners' strike. There is nothing new about the police wading in, truncheons drawn, when the proles threaten the establishment. 

The bold gendarmes weren't so bold during the riots  raging a few years ago,there was widespread looting and arson,no police to be seen they must have all been hiding under the tables in the nicks,they then spent the next 18 months going through cctv footage to try to find the looters,

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You dunno how he was behaving prior to his arrest. Some of these demonstrators can be quite physical themselves. Remember the poll tax riots.

Peaceful demonstrators usually move on when told to and are treated accordingly. The one in the photo was probably being uncooperative and probably insulting or even spitting at the coppers. That's what some of 'em do nowadays.

Someone recently spat at a female railway ticket inspector, she died a few days later of Covid 19.

As a result of infection due to spittle?

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3 police on top of 1 guy ...... nobody wearing masks.

Tell me again how to do this social distancing?

Amazing England where the police 'bully boys' can crush innocent people walking in the park to the ground.

No masks = 3,500 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday.  After 8 weeks in lock-down why so many new cases?

• Like 2