Sign here

Shot

Ditto at Rimping in CNX.  Of course you could put in your alias?  NO ID checks at supermarkets.  At least not yet.  An employee at Rimping was wiping down the pen after each use(wonder how long that will last?  “The New Normal”.  

Also, I noticed the Mall had a team of employees going from store to store to ensure the thermometers were working properly(at least I thought that is what they were doing).  The Mall Compliance Team were mostly girls in the their 20’s.  Some could have been employed at other “venues” that have been forced to shut down?  TIT.  Just another day in “paradise”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

HomePro (at Villa) have been following that policy since they opened. You can't get into the complex without giving your name and telephone number. On the way out, you have to give your telephone number again.

Yes, but only my wife give details. I just waived through. Villa Market - never asked name/phone. Just stupid. At least have same policy all stores.

Edited by LivinginKata

Not being asked to do this in Chiang Rai.

If the OP gives a pseudonym with the correct phone number, he could be in bother. He is traceable by the phone SIM, and farangs have their passport numbers registered.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If the OP gives a pseudonym with the correct phone number, he could be in bother. He is traceable by the phone SIM, and farangs have their passport numbers registered.

Never gave out my name when getting my Thai sim.

• Like 1

Same at Thaiwatsado. But i dont get the problem everyone is required to wash their hands after entering the store and then you write. So no virus problems at all. Would be different if there was no hand cleaner used before signing.

They wanted me to sign in, no thanks, then sign out, I never signed in. Nah. Lotus ChokChai, they are like babies, stupid.

That thought came from Avatar.

Just about over the mentality of this mob.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I live in a small town, I almost never carry my cell phone. If there is a problem, I just take the mbike to where I need to be. My SIM is in my wife's name. Hopefully, the police won't come looking for her. 

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shot said:

I live in a small town, I almost never carry my cell phone. If there is a problem, I just take the mbike to where I need to be. My SIM is in my wife's name. Hopefully, the police won't come looking for her. 

And if they did, the police that is. she would tell them to F off.

Edited by Shot
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

HomePro (at Villa) have been following that policy since they opened. You can't get into the complex without giving your name and telephone number. On the way out, you have to give your telephone number again.

And what keeps you from giving them a phony name and number?

5 hours ago, Shot said:

I even got to use the same uncleaned pen the previous 15 people used.

This is where individual responsibility comes in.  Must sanitize your hands for 20 seconds after touching pen and clipboard.  This is the new normal ✌️

21 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

And what keeps you from giving them a phony name and number?

Nothing, buy why do that?

It's probably for contact tracing, just in case you had contact with someone that turned out to have CORVID-19. Wouldn't you want to know about something like that?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Nothing, buy why do that?

It's probably for contact tracing, just in case you had contact with someone that turned out to have CORVID-19. Wouldn't you want to know about something like that?

No.

I wear a mask.  My son wears a mask and they are N95.  When we come home, we assume that we are covered in virus so we wash our hands, remove our masks, strip off all clothing, and then take showers.  We don't contaminate the condo. 

I don't expect to get it just because I was near someone who had it.

I assume everyone has it.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

exactly,

its for your safety, as if someone is later diagnosed with the virus they have everyone that was in the general area at the same time, so can contact you and have you go in for test>
I see nothing wrong with being cautious

Giving a fake name, # is childish

Sorry daddy, that's what I did. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Been here 4 months now. If I haven't had it, I'm not contagious now. If I get contagious, somebody else's fault giving it to me. If someone else does give it to me, I wouldn't blame them and don't care.

Of course after I did that I remembered about all the cctv they have here; probably track me down anyway.

Arnold Ziffel 0615892481

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shot said:

No point in giving a false name and phone number then, immigration can easily find you as one of the 3 white guys in town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Wouldn't you want to know about something like that?

No.

In countries like Thailand, there is no benefit in being diagnosed positive, not as a Thai, and especially not as a foreigner.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Shocking that they are implementing a policy that's designed to spread virus. Well I'll be carrying my own pen now unless they require the app. 

Went into Tops tonight had to log lnto a QR code then add my phone number ...<deleted>...had to do it to get into the building already. Cluster f. Is all i can say ...

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Same at Thaiwatsado. But i dont get the problem everyone is required to wash their hands after entering the store and then you write. So no virus problems at all. Would be different if there was no hand cleaner used before signing.

Not so at Thai Watsadu in Hua Hin.