Torrent Galaxy.

NoshowJones

I was recommended by a kind poster to try Torrent Galaxy a few weeks ago, and apart from too many movies which watching is like looking through a letterbox, it has been great, but these past few days, every movie I try to stream just sits at stalled and does not move.

While I'm here, is there any monitor I can buy that any movie I download or stream will fill the whole screen? Thanks.

The letterbox thing was explained to you when you asked about it previously....

Not all films are the same resolution. So if you stream or download cr@p quality material, who do you expect?

Have you told anyone anything about your current monitor? Otherwise how would they know?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

While I'm here, is there any monitor I can buy that any movie I download or stream will fill the whole screen?

What software are you using to play the video files that you have downloaded? VLC, Kodi, Plex, Winamp, MXPlayer, JetAudio, etc?

Most can be configured to play back video files in full screen mode no matter what the resolution is.

And what is your hardware platform? PC/Laptop running Windows, Android box, Firestick, or do you simply plug a USB drive containing your video files directly into a USB port on your monitor/TV?

On the subject of Torrent Galaxy, I personally find the interface somewhat annoying, as a "mouse over" any torrent file in the index lists will popup a screen cover of the files DVD cover.

Here is a list that provides users with both public and private Torrent Websites for all your download needs.

Give some a try... you may like them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

is there any monitor I can buy that any movie I download or stream will fill the whole screen?

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Not all films are the same resolution.

OP, you'd have to have a dozen or so monitors on hand to match the presentation resolution of each content title you downloaded.  Better to read what Jai Dee posted about getting a setup that will automatically or allow quick adjust of the content to better fill your existing monitor ...though even that isn't always perfect, with some options cutting off edged or overly stretching it making everyone appear fatter that your average American.

if you don't mind downloading from a torrent site i have a private tracker i can invite you to. has almost anything you can think of to download.

message me if you are interested. it is totally 100% free i am not promoting or selling anything. 

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

What software are you using to play the video files that you have downloaded? VLC, Kodi, Plex, Winamp, MXPlayer, JetAudio, etc?

Most can be configured to play back video files in full screen mode no matter what the resolution is.

And what is your hardware platform? PC/Laptop running Windows, Android box, Firestick, or do you simply plug a USB drive containing your video files directly into a USB port on your monitor/TV?

On the subject of Torrent Galaxy, I personally find the interface somewhat annoying, as a "mouse over" any torrent file in the index lists will popup a screen cover of the files DVD cover.

Here is a list that provides users with both public and private Torrent Websites for all your download needs.

Lot of good imformation here, firstly

Firstly, I am using VLC, should I change it? I use a laptop running Windows 10. I usually transfer on to a USB stick into my laptop which is attached to a larger monitor, I will check out that list. Thanks a lot.

20 minutes ago, RichCor said:

OP, you'd have to have a dozen or so monitors on hand to match the presentation resolution of each content title you downloaded.  Better to read what Jai Dee posted about getting a setup that will automatically or allow quick adjust of the content to better fill your existing monitor ...though even that isn't always perfect, with some options cutting off edged or overly stretching it making everyone appear fatter that your average American.

The last part of your post, no, I would not like that, before I started streaming, I was downloading a TV series on Movies123, and on the 6th season all the charactors had big wide shoulders, I just could not watch that.

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Lot of good imformation here, firstly

Firstly, I am using VLC, should I change it? I use a laptop running Windows 10. I usually transfer on to a USB stick into my laptop which is attached to a larger monitor, I will check out that list. Thanks a lot.

Click on VLC and then click on Video at top and see if fullscreen has been checkmarked. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Click on VLC and then click on Video at top and see if fullscreen has been checkmarked. 

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It is checkmarked at "always fit window" I would think that means full screen. But as I said, I cannot watch a screen which only shows about about two thirds of the screen.

Realistically you have two choices.  Black bars or distorted picture and fat shoulders. You're going to have to decide which one annoys you less.

You're also going to find it very, very difficult to consistently and reliably find videos that have been specifically formatted to suit a specific monitor size and shape.

Edited by JaiMaai
Atrocious spelling and grammar

19 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I am using VLC then putting them on to a USB stick to watch them, I use a laptop Windows10.

I have just noticed that with a torrent stalled at 28.1 all night, it had actually downloaded the full movie, that sure surprised me.

18 hours ago, mr mr said:

if you don't mind downloading from a torrent site i have a private tracker i can invite you to. has almost anything you can think of to download.

message me if you are interested. it is totally 100% free i am not promoting or selling anything. 

PM on it's way.

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

Realistically you have two choices.  Black bars or distorted picture and fat shoulders. You're going to have to decide which one annoys you less.

You're also going to find it very, very difficult to consistently and reliably find videos that have been specifically formatted to suit a specific monitor size and shape.

Thanks, if I could just know the movies with black bars before I download them.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

It is checkmarked at "always fit window" I would think that means full screen. But as I said, I cannot watch a screen which only shows about about two thirds of the screen.

Misread your issue - cinema movies are not formatted for video screens so to see full scene you must have blank at top/bottom.  Perhaps a larger viewing screen would be your best solution?  Maybe just an HDMI cable from your laptop to a TV?  I use a normal 23" monitor and have no issues at normal computer distance but a laptop might look small.

39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Misread your issue - cinema movies are not formatted for video screens so to see full scene you must have blank at top/bottom.  Perhaps a larger viewing screen would be your best solution?  Maybe just an HDMI cable from your laptop to a TV?  I use a normal 23" monitor and have no issues at normal computer distance but a laptop might look small.

I already have a large monitor screen attached to a laptop with a HDMI cable. Looks like I will just have to check the screen after I download the movies then just delete the ones with the black bars.

I've had a look at the site and they do have some info on the resolutions.

Look for 1280x720 or 1920x1080

That will mean that the video itself will fit your screen.

However, there is no guarantee that the black bars are not part of the video itself.

You'll just need to try it out.

resolution.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I was downloading a TV series on Movies123...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 123Movies a streaming website, not a torrent website?

If so, that could explain why your videos are stalling... the host has gone offline.

Better to download the entire video file from a torrent site, then play it back via VLC on your laptop to your monitor at your leisure.

Also some good answers above by Johng and JaiMai... your monitor is highly likely to have an aspect ration of 16:9. so if you don't want "black bars" and "fat shoulders" your should look only for torrent files that have an AR of 16:9.

Bear in mind however, that this AR is not the original format produced by the movie production company, so some truncation of the original format will have been done in order to achieve a 16:9 AR.

• Like 1

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 123Movies a streaming website, not a torrent website?

If so, that could explain why your videos are stalling... the host has gone offline.

Better to download the entire video file from a torrent site, then play it back via VLC on your laptop to your monitor at your leisure.

Also some good answers above by Johng and JaiMai... your monitor is highly likely to have an aspect ration of 16:9. so if you don't want "black bars" and "fat shoulders" your should look only for torrent files that have an AR of 16:9.

Bear in mind however, that this AR is not the original format produced by the movie production company, so some truncation of the original format will have been done in order to achieve a 16:9 AR.

My videos are not stalling on Movies123 it is on Torrent Galaxy. From what I can see Movies123 is a few different sites, I do not think they are torrent sites. I am not sure what AR or 16:9 is.

AR is Aspect Ratio.

It means the difference between the the width and height of the screen.  

A standard modern tv has a 16:19 screen. Older TVs that were more square had 4:3 aspect ratios.

Many films are even wider on cinema screens compared to the height. Which is why they don't fit on TVs or computer monitors.  This is the root of your problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

AR is Aspect Ratio.

It means the difference between the the width and height of the screen.  

A standard modern tv has a 16:19 screen. Older TVs that were more square had 4:3 aspect ratios.

Many films are even wider on cinema screens compared to the height. Which is why they don't fit on TVs or computer monitors.  This is the root of your problem.

Thanks.