Is my marriage in trouble if the in-laws don’t like me?

On 5/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, Vigilante said:

They can't wrap their minds around the fact that other races/nationalities exist

You might as well be an alien

Thais have never been colonised. You are dealing with the frog that lives in a well, they have no concept of foreigners or the world outside. As for the inlaws, best to live as far away as possible. You are never going to be accepted as a member of the tribe. I would not want to live like a Thai anyway.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, darrendsd said:

So you have pretty much paid for it all your life?

As they are parasites, a woman will always cost you money. Often, slapping the money down on the bar works out far cheaper than marrying one of em and is a lot less hassle.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

As they are parasites, a woman will always cost you money. Often, slapping the money down on the bar works out far cheaper than marrying one of em and is a lot less hassle.

reminds me, that Jerry Springer was on Pluto TV again tonight ???? 

I think this is more of a cultural clash than anything.

You can't accept your wife's parents thinking and they might not accept your western thinking too.

So try to accept each other's culture.

Wearing a boxer short isn't considered 'naked'.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will never get this attitude of "let the Thais handle it", especially when it is concerning your young children

I actually think that's the problem in a lot of Thai/Farang marriages..........there is this sort of separation between farang and Thai

I treat my marriage and in-laws the same I do any relationship I have been in, while understanding there are cultural differences.

Sure there is issues that I let me wife handle(i'd do the same with a farang wife), but I find it absurd that people think a father should not get involved in a matter this serious.

My wife always says "My family fear you". I have an awesome relationship with all of them. I think what she means is they respect I am going to share my opinion and not just stand to the side and let things be handled by my wife.

There is no chance in hell I would not be involved in any matter concerning my kids............

Edited by marc26
  • Like 1