Device to measure consumption and voltage

I have one I got in UK, free of charge, but can buy about 40 quid. It has a sensor round the live feed to your fuse-box (I know it's Consumer Unit, but still a fuse-box to me) and it transmits to a display unit which can be anywhere in the house.

I also have a back-up monitor which reads my meter every morning and puts the data into my phone app, ECAS. It's called ME, I walk past the meter when I take the dog for his morning ablution. 

https://www.geotogether.com/consumer/product/minim-energy-monitor/

Edited by stouricks

18 minutes ago, Arjen said:

I think it is difficult to find a analogue meter what shows accurate the actual consumption (like the title from your post suggests you need) 

It can be a language thing, but when translate from my language to English, it is not correct that analogue is more accurate then digital. Ananlogue has some advantages above digital, like:

• faster to read
  • Faster to see the "about value" without really needing to look at it
  • much easier to sa in what direction it is going.

But to say "they are more accurate", Like I said, it can be a language thing, and English is not my mother tongue, But I think that is a wrong statement. There here people with much more knowledge (and it seems that is not you.....)

Arjen.

It is both.

Digital has the advance that it works in either polarity and range (up to the maximum setting or 'auto-range'.

The values are easier to read, as with analog meter you have count in the parallax error. (Parallax; the needle is floating above the indicators, so the real values you need to read standing in the front of it).

Analog has the advantage it works better with fluctuation of the to measure values, as the case is with the OP his voltage fluctuates in a short time.

Digital meter will not be accurate with that but probing the values each n Times. (few ms)

There are more 'vs' reasons, like with digital : working in the heat/sub (lcd display breaks or gets unreadable) and analog: magnetism near it can make measuring harder and easier damaged when you drop it.

But for the OP it is the 'fluctuation factor of the measuring voltage' that matters, so he need -analog- (or a scope analog or digital with fast sensing)

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

@stouricks

image.png.863d41f94d2cc388028f0fc13d7eda5f.png

We're here to teach, learn, entertain, explain.

Once we know what confuse you, we can help.

????

“The Master said: ‘The wise never doubt. The humane never worry. The brave never fear.'” - Confusius

Be careful not to drop your analogue meter.    PML