Shipping from Thailand to UK/Ireland

Proch

Hey! ????

I just have a quick query regarding shipping companies operating at the moment - I have a 2 stroke Yamaha that I want to ship home. Can anyone recommend any logistics companies that could help? Thanks in advance!! ????

Thanks man and I get that ???? but would still like to get a quote ???? 2 strokes are hard got back home - and when you do find one you're looking at a good chunk of money. I 100% agree that the shipping will cost more than the value of the bike (here in Thailand) - but I paid 500€ for the bike and if I can ship it for 1000/1500€ I'm still looking at a cheaper bike than I can find back home ????

Edited by Proch
  • Like 1

Could try any removal companies like Schenker. Or a commercial freight forwarder like Ionic. Or strip it down and send small packages by Thai Post or DHL.

If the bike is more than 25 years old then you might get it registered as Classic in the UK but Eire will still be the dreaded EU.

If it is off road there must be some there to simply buy. Don't forget the 100/1500 will be added to the 500, say 2000, to calculate import duty. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Great information. Not for me personally (a Canadian) but for the many other I have heard bemoan the lack of choice d of shipping to the Uk over the years. Good luck to you both.  You just might  find yourself  with some new customers.Good luck to all

• Like 1

No bike test in Ireland thank God ????Being a 1994 I can't see there being much VAT or Duty to pay on her either. That's if I can find a shipping agent to ship her - proving very hard with the current restrictions ????????

Edited by Proch

EIRE is in EU so there will be a vehicle compliance SVA test required its EU mandatory.the vehicle will be inspected  and must conform to appropriate regulations  you may need  paper work from original manufacturer  if bike is not a European spec model .. it can be a nightmare  ,, I used to import and export bikes  , just saying ///

• Like 1