Iran Supreme Leader says Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria

webfact

Iran Supreme Leader says Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria

2020-05-17T193009Z_3_LYNXMPEG4G0PI_RTROPTP_4_IRAN-KHAMENEI-SPEECH.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei delivers a televised speech on the occasion of the Iranian New Year Nowruz, in Tehran, Iran March 20, 2020. Official Khamenei website/Handout via REUTERS

(Reuters) - Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday, renewing Iran's demand for U.S. troops to be withdrawn from the Middle East.

Iran almost got into a full-blown conflict with the United States when a U.S. drone strike killed top Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad on Jan. 3, prompting Tehran to retaliate with a missile barrage against a U.S. base in Iraq days later.

Khamenei said Americans' actions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria had led to them being hated, according to a transcript of a speech to students published on his website.

"The Americans won't stay in Iraq and Syria and will be expelled," Khamenei said.

Last month, U.S. President Donald Trump said he had instructed the U.S. Navy to fire on any Iranian ships that harass it at sea, but said later he was not changing the military’s rules of engagement.

After Trump's statement, the head of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, Major General Hossein Salami, said that the Islamic Republic would destroy U.S. warships if its security is threatened in the Gulf.

(Reporting By Babak Dehghanpisheh; Editing by Gareth Jones and Andrew Heavens)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-18

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Without the US army " creating havoc and death" you'd be speaking Farsi now or some other terrorists language or be forced to pray to Allah at the point of a gun...

What are the terrorist languages.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Not sure I totally agree. I really cannot see the Iranian army invading Western Europe any time soon. 

Yes, similarly to Viet Nam what the Americans doing there in the first place? Like TEFLKrabi says, I don't see Hesbollah terrorists in California.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

(Reuters) - Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria,

Some might take the view that such a ruling would be the best thing the Supreme Leader could do for any Americans unfortunate enough to be stuck in those two countries.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And without that relatively very new country, you'd probably be speaking either German, Russian or Chinese and most certainly wouldn't be commenting freely on social media!

People in those countries seem to be doing ok.

On the other hand in the US the freedom to kill each other is paramount. Then throw trump into the equation and US drops way down the list.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And without that relatively very new country, you'd probably be speaking either German, Russian or Chinese and most certainly wouldn't be commenting freely on social media!

We seem to be suffering from an overabundance of clairvoyants on this thread today.

"In a completely disinterested act of total selfless generosity, the US saves the world, single handedly mind, from the evil baddies, who would otherwise have had us all as slaves." Everybody bow down with gratitude, and worship the glorious US empire.

With a magnificent imagination like that who needs reality - a job at Fox News awaits you sir. 

And the nutty Ayatoldya, who has the nerve to refer to the US as "The Great Satan" should be thanking them instead that he is still speaking Farsi!

11 hours ago, Heppinger said:

I can't use my master card in Iran. translation: Iran is producing nuclear weapons.

What are you trying to buy in Iran Heppinger.....................I'm asking for a friend..........(actually more of an Uncle) 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday,

Who died and left him Grand Poobah?  Stadtler doesn't like Supreme Leaders.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Without the US army " creating havoc and death" you'd be speaking Farsi now or some other terrorists language or be forced to pray to Allah at the point of a gun...

Seriously?  Tell me you are just having a go for fun.

• Like 1

This "saving face" <deleted> is for the birds. Translation of saving face....... "Do whatever it takes to make myself look good even if I'm the nastiest person in the world". Why not call it what it is...... Being human. 

• Confused 1

On the other hand in the US the freedom to kill each other is paramount. Then throw trump into the equation and US drops way down the list.

You do realise you are using American technology now?
You do understand that practically everything on the internet, the computers, the web, the chips, the software was either invented or developed in America right?

Without America you would be a serf of whatever dictatorship managed to take over your country and turn your people into slaves. 

I recommend you boycott American technology ASAP.

Edited by toast1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sujo said:

People in those countries seem to be doing ok.

Can't help yourself? Trump isn't in the OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1