Iran Supreme Leader says Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria

webfact

On 5/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, ezzra said:

Without the US army " creating havoc and death" you'd be speaking Farsi now or some other terrorists language or be forced to pray to Allah at the point of a gun...

Wow, really? Let me guess, WWJD (What would Jesus Do?) or you could just believe lies about WMDs. #getaclue. Come on now, people still have such views. ????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Who died and left him Grand Poobah?  Stadtler doesn't like Supreme Leaders.

It's funny how such a comment 'whitewashes' America's presence and history in the M.E. Often hand in hand with Israel and S.A. who fund extremists.

It would do well, to know who the real terrorists are. Shout out to Noam Chomsky and Chris Hedges.

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, toast1 said:

On the other hand in the US the freedom to kill each other is paramount. Then throw trump into the equation and US drops way down the list.

You do realise you are using American technology now?
You do understand that practically everything on the internet, the computers, the web, the chips, the software was either invented or developed in America right?

Without America you would be a serf of whatever dictatorship managed to take over your country and turn your people into slaves. 

I recommend you boycott American technology ASAP.

You do realise the world was doing fine without it. Do tell how the US is much more inclusive without the fake news and idiots believing the lies of the president.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

We should have left Iraq long ago. We should have never gone to Syria in the first place. Get us out NOW.

Should never have been in iraq either. Happy to see you dont agree with what trump has done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Should never have been in iraq either. Happy to see you dont agree with what trump has done.

Indeed, I disagree with him strongly.

Iraq was pretty much THE turning point for me. I was OK with going there, but not making it an endless war. Kinda the same with Aghanistan. Bush had the opportunity to finish off Osama bin Laden very early on in Tora Bora. But no, he made a conscious decision to make the war there long term as well.

Where I stand now: don't send US troops to war anywhere unless we have been attacked first. And don't send US troops without a comprehensive plan to achieve a rapid victory that has the next person thinking about attacking us pissing down their leg when pondering what just happened to that last guy (or country or whatever) who dared attack us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yep. Much like the UK. Well, granted, the UK does love imperialism a bit more than the US. But why split hairs?

This is odd, I've agreed with you 3 times............can't last????

Almost the whole of Europe was involved in colonialism, and the British Empire was the largest it is true. It was us that invented concentration camps (SA) the bombing of civilians (Kurds whose oil we wanted to control. Massive state sponsored drug dealing (The opium wars) and genocide by consciously spreading disease (Smallpox infected blankets given to Indians in Canada).  We did this believing that we were doing this in God's name. Much like the Israeli government believes that their god gives them the right to steal Palestinian land. 

The US has made many noble attempts to distance themselves from Imperialism, but has ended up being  just as imperialistic as the British once were, they just don't use gunboats as often, most of the control is discreet. They also have the sky fairy problem big time. China has studied you boys big time. (But not bigly!). 

We particularly messed up in the Middle East, by drawing random lines on maps, and installing dictatorships wherever it suited us after WW1. A huge factor in the injustices that eventually brought about the subject of this topic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The US administration is pure evil, just

over the border in Laos they dropped

8 million tons of bombs on ordinary folk.

People are still being killed or maimed

by the ones that remain in the ground.

The least they could do is clear them,

but no, they don't care about lives.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, TEFLKrabi said:

Not sure I totally agree. I really cannot see the Iranian army invading Western Europe any time soon. 

Then you've not been up Edgware Rd in London lately.

They've even got a Sinbad Supermarket up there.

There's already 1750 mosques in the UK with 1500 of 'em in London!

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 2:34 AM, ezzra said:

Without the US army " creating havoc and death" you'd be speaking Farsi now or some other terrorists language or be forced to pray to Allah at the point of a gun...

The British and the French kept 'em under control for centuries.

It's no longer fashionable to do that these days but never the less you won't see many Englishmen speaking Farsi in your lifetime.

• Sad 1

I just finished reading "Creation" by Gore Vidal. It is a historical novel that inserts a fictional character in real history  it follows the life of the Grandson of Zoroaster in the Persian court of Darius and Xerxes. and as an Ambassador of Persia his travels in India and  Cathay.  I highly recommend it.

IMO there is a fundamental  misunderstanding of the mindset of people with such long history. They have seen upstarts like the US come and go for thousands of years,

nothing new. 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, Sundown said:

War feeds their #1 industries. US desperately need war to survive. They "bring democracy" by dropping bombs against a bunch of farmers somewhere in the Middle East and take over their valuable resources. Rinse and repeat. 

Were it not for the US Saddam Hussein would still be running Iraq and terrorising its subjects. 

The world owes America a debt it can never repay.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Were it not for the US Saddam Hussein would still be running Iraq and terrorising its subjects. 

The world owes America a debt it can never repay.

If it wasn't for the US Saddam would not have been there in the first place, If you pulled his pants down stamped on his ass you will find "Made in USA"  they only took him out after he try to do some independent business. and they could not have their henchman going on business for himself.  

"How the US Helped Create Saddam Hussein "

"The last time Donald Rumsfeld saw Saddam Hussein, he gave him a cordial handshake. The date was almost 20 years ago, Dec. 20, 1983; an official Iraqi television crew recorded the historic moment. "

https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/167/34978.html

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, toast1 said:

On the other hand in the US the freedom to kill each other is paramount. Then throw trump into the equation and US drops way down the list.

You do realise you are using American technology now?
You do understand that practically everything on the internet, the computers, the web, the chips, the software was either invented or developed in America right?

Without America you would be a serf of whatever dictatorship managed to take over your country and turn your people into slaves. 

I recommend you boycott American technology ASAP.

Invented no

Internet - Vint Cerf and Roberet Kahn (US) however in the form we know today it was Britishman, Tim Berners Lee

Computer - British Charles Babbage

Microchip- US Jack Kirkby

Software - British Ada Lovelace

Developed undoubtedly yes,

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

This is odd, I've agreed with you 3 times............can't last????

Almost the whole of Europe was involved in colonialism, and the British Empire was the largest it is true. It was us that invented concentration camps (SA) the bombing of civilians (Kurds whose oil we wanted to control. Massive state sponsored drug dealing (The opium wars) and genocide by consciously spreading disease (Smallpox infected blankets given to Indians in Canada).  We did this believing that we were doing this in God's name. Much like the Israeli government believes that their god gives them the right to steal Palestinian land. 

The US has made many noble attempts to distance themselves from Imperialism, but has ended up being  just as imperialistic as the British once were, they just don't use gunboats as often, most of the control is discreet. They also have the sky fairy problem big time. China has studied you boys big time. (But not bigly!). 

We particularly messed up in the Middle East, by drawing random lines on maps, and installing dictatorships wherever it suited us after WW1. A huge factor in the injustices that eventually brought about the subject of this topic. 

I know man... I've been kinda worried someone has kidnapped Nigel and is playing cruel jokes on me.  ????

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Invented no

Internet - Vint Cerf and Roberet Kahn (US) however in the form we know today it was Britishman, Tim Berners Lee

Computer - British Charles Babbage

Microchip- US Jack Kirkby

Software - British Ada Lovelace

Developed undoubtedly yes,

American technological prowess cleared the skies over England of Nazi aircraft in 1940 effectively winning the Battle of Britain. Without their radar, Browning machine guns and aircraft we would not have lasted a fortnight.

Again in WW2 the US Navy sunk every capital ship the Nazis put to sea, as well as all their destroyers and most of their U Boats but allowed the British Royal Navy to take the credit for it.

Iran will present no problem to this nation of brave warriors. The international community can sleep soundly in their beds at night.

Do not worry at all, Uncle Sam is on the ball.

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

We should have left Iraq long ago. We should have never gone to Syria in the first place. Get us out NOW.

and Afghanistan. They should have gone in and killed as many Taliban as possible then left. No occupying power in history has ever succeeded there. All that has happened is that many American, and other, lives have been lost in an unwinnable war. Once they leave it will return to what it was before.

Feel free to use drones to keep killing Taliban. The only thing that matters is stopping a return to a Bin Laden situation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

American technological prowess cleared the skies over England of Nazi aircraft in 1940 effectively winning the Battle of Britain. Without their radar, Browning machine guns and aircraft we would not have lasted a fortnight.

Again in WW2 the US Navy sunk every capital ship the Nazis put to sea, as well as all their destroyers and most of their U Boats but allowed the British Royal Navy to take the credit for it.

Iran will present no problem to this nation of brave warriors. The international community can sleep soundly in their beds at night.

Do not worry at all, Uncle Sam is on the ball.

How well does Uncle Sam take care of it's veterans? On another note, I just decided to come back to the year 2020 and focus on current issues. Including, the vast military and nefarious covert actions committed by the same country I went to school in.   Compared to other countries, the US seems to be not very, hmm, well, 'Christian' like.

The international communities' respect for US foreign policy has diminished quite significantly. Have you not been able to notice?

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Then you've not been up Edgware Rd in London lately.

They've even got a Sinbad Supermarket up there.

There's already 1750 mosques in the UK with 1500 of 'em in London!

And how many of those mosques are Shiite?