Iran Supreme Leader says Americans will be expelled from Iraq and Syria

webfact

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Were it not for the US Saddam Hussein would still be running Iraq and terrorising its subjects. 

The world owes America a debt it can never repay.

There is a strong feeling in Iraq now that looks back to Saddam’s time andthinks it wasn’t so bad, a time of stability  when everyone had jobs, got paid, there was electric 24/7. He didn’t tolerate opposition but the majority of people had a normal life. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And how many of those mosques are Shiite?

Reminds me of the cartoon in which John MacInroe say's to the umpire "I said Shiite, honestly I said Shiite". 

It is a good point though poorly understood by most. It is almost exclusively the Sunnis who export terrorism. The motivation comes out of the vilest form of fundamentalist religion on the planet, Salafi/Wahabi Islam, which SA have been exporting for decades, funded with our oil money. It turns out that the Sunnis, who fight us are our friends, whereas the `Shia, who helped defeat IS (A Sunni terrorist group) are our enemies. 

I think it would have been better if oil had never been found in the ME, and we had left them to look after their goats and olive trees. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and Afghanistan. They should have gone in and killed as many Taliban as possible then left. No occupying power in history has ever succeeded there. All that has happened is that many American, and other, lives have been lost in an unwinnable war. Once they leave it will return to what it was before.

Feel free to use drones to keep killing Taliban. The only thing that matters is stopping a return to a Bin Laden situation.

The Taliban headquarters is in or near Quetta. The Taliban are sponsored by Pakistan, and directed by ISI the Pakistani "Intelligence" service which is actually just a state terrorism organisation. The US and its allies fought long and hard in Afghanistan, but they never grabbed the bull by the horns and destroyed the ISI. It is one of those times when you feel - against your better judgement- that bombing Pakistan back into the Stone Age should have at least have been threatened. Pakistan is now on the road to becoming just one more Chinese client state.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is intended to be satire you need to indicate that somehow.

I wasn't aware that Hurricanes and Spitfires were American planes. The guy that invented the Spitfire was English and they were built in Britain.

I also wasn't aware that US warships were involved in sinking the Bismark or battle of the River Plate.

Radar was mainly invented by Robert Watson-Watt, a Scottish physicist.

However, Browning machine guns were invented by an American.

Well I got one thing right. Give me a bit of credit.

And with a name like John Browning he was probably of British heritage.

And you indicated it for me. Cheers.

Edited by yogi100