new app registration require to enter phuket

steve2112

i just read this https://www.thephuketnews.com/only-urgent-matters-will-allow-passage-onto-island-phuket-police-chief-76085.php

i'm hoping to drive to phuket this week

so i just registered here https://www.gophuget.com/register/v2/forigner?typeID=0

you have to select arrival date and time which is a bit of a pain as i'm driving and can't guarantee the exact time of arrival

and now i have to wait for approval, which i hope comes early tomorrow since i also need to do several other things.

anyhow, has anyone used this app yet?

Edited by steve2112

It can be legit, Phuket is known for their own 'governing' practicing.

It looks like they group foreigners in two, people from the 'four countries' (BCLV) are Aliens and other nations/visitors are Forigners.

https://www.gophuget.com/register/alien?typeID=1

https://www.gophuget.com/register/v2/forigner?typeID=0

On the Alien page the option to write down your yellowbook/pink card ID number and address (thus can isolate yourself for 14 days) gives more reason to enter if you reside there but the choices from nationality would be a problem

พม่า/Burmese

กัมพูชา/Cambodian

ลาว/Lao

เวียดนาม/Vietnamese

Have you got answer/approval from them Steve?

no update on status yet, it just says รอพิจารณา which means wait for approval

the other form i guess is only for migrant workers.

if i get an approval, i'll post the reply on here, if not, i guess i need to stay put in ko phangan for a while longer.

by the way, i made the first booking about 8am to come back on Wednesday, then i realized that didn't give me much time to prepare if i don't get a reply until tomorrow. so i made a second booking about an hour later for Thursday and the filing number when up by about 450

P100010819

รอพิจารณา

P100010388

รอพิจารณา

so seems there is a lot of people using this

Edited by steve2112

3 hours ago, steve2112 said:

so nothing back from that app, what a surprise. so i guess i'm not coming back any time soon and my wife said end of june before roads open again!

Just keep an eye on news, and don't trust anybody who thinks he/she knows what will happen in a month's time.

• Like 1

Steve2112, I have also applied to enter Phuket via the same APP, applied 2 days ago but also haven’t received a response.

I also made 2 bookings as the first one came back with an error for the tel number, possibly due to me inputting  +66 at the beginning.

Im considering taking the chance and head to the checkpoint at the requested date & time. Worse case I get turned away and I go to Samui.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, taxin said:

Steve2112, I have also applied to enter Phuket via the same APP, applied 2 days ago but also haven’t received a response.

I also made 2 bookings as the first one came back with an error for the tel number, possibly due to me inputting  +66 at the beginning.

Im considering taking the chance and head to the checkpoint at the requested date & time. Worse case I get turned away and I go to Samui.

any update?

3 hours ago, steve2112 said:

any update?

I did not go ahead at the requested date which was meant to be 26th, strangely enough even now on the 29th it is still showing “pending”. 

I’m waiting for the announcement about wether the airport will be allowed open on the 1st June, If the airport is opened then you would expect the land crossing to open, or at least be a bit more relaxed. The announcement was meant to be today.

20 hours ago, taxin said:

strangely enough even now on the 29th it is still showing “pending”. 

i suspect that's all it ever says, the thing is just another way for some bureaucrat to make money pretending to do their job

38 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Isn't both the airport and Sarasin opened now after last announcement 31. May? I talked with some who had got their application approved and should return today!

Felt

Airport not open. Talking 1 July 2020. All other airports open for domestic flights.

Edit - just read maybe 16 June 2020

Edited by LivinginKata