Rolling Stones support Pattaya appeal

webfact

23 hours ago, SteveK said:

China is known as the least charitable nation on Earth. Chinese people are obsessed with the accumulation of money and wealth at all other costs, hence money only ever flows one way.

Most elite Thais are descended from Chinese.

QED.

It would be lovely to see the greedy elite chip in to a fund and provide enough food for everyone but it's never going to happen. I remember my dad telling me when I was a young boy, "son, you don't get that rich by being nice to people".

Hmmm

1) many thais helping each other. Maybe more free food from kind people than your country? 

2) many farang make money in pattaya. Own bars, business.

3) how much you donate already?

4) The Rolling Stones (very rich) “donated” a song. Poor people can eat a song? 

Maybe good promotion for their new song. I think it not interesting for the hungry people listen it. 

I not understand how it help poor people? It help Rolling Stones promote their new song. 

Ok. Thankyou so much Rolling Stones. 

• Confused 2

On 5/18/2020 at 3:17 PM, Matzzon said:

Seems like the rich in the whole world have the same philosophy, so why do you go blaming a specific city?
I don´t see anybody getting ripped off. You are free to use the services, drink the beers and stay at different places. Nobody of those rich guys have been forcing your hand.
It´s also not up to farangs, but they are doing it. Maybe that should be seen as they are happy with Thailand and Thai people and wish to give something back instead.

The topic is about Pattaya, duh.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The topic is about Pattaya, duh.

Yes, but to compare was due, to make you understand that it´s nothing specific for Thailand or Pattaya regarding rich people.

So, in Pattaya you need to get ripped off and you are forced to use their services? I suppose you think you are forced to stay in the country too? Right now, might be. That is because of a pandemic, I trust you are aware of. Under normal conditions you always have a choice and make your own choices. That goes for Pattaya too.

I also believe there are many farangs in Pattaya that likes Thais and Thailand and wish to give back by contributing to better conditions for people suffering because of the pandemic.

So, where did I go wrong and not talking about Pattaya? Maybe I just forgot to write that as a side note, so you could understand as well. Will not forget that next time, DUH!

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell us how many farangs ever got rich from owning a bar in Pattaya 55555555555555555.

There are some, likely more in the earlier days, likely more made a small fortune, after starting with a large one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Most people don't feel the need to brag about their small charitable actions.  What was the point of that?

I saw the video and I was motivated to donate and I did it. And then I thought maybe others also think about donating but don't know and hesitate and maybe they see this and they also donate. If it just motivated one other person here to donate then it did it's purpose.

If you donate big amounts and don't brag about it then that's even better. ???? 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, champers said:

The Stones song is a bit of a dirge, not surprising for a bunch of now very old age pensioners. I Can't Get No Satisfaction would have been more appropriate.

Stray cat blues would have been my pick. Could have been my anthem when I lived there hahahaha.