Thai national in Oz needs to come home ASAP Papa very ill

n210mp

My Thai BIL lives in Queensland married to an Australian lady and needs to come home to Khon Kaen urgently as Papa is extremely ill 

Can anyone give any information on 

Can He do the 14 day quarantine in Papas home ?

Is there any special flights for emergencies such as this? 

Any way to expedite the bureaucracy  involved to get him home as soon as possible 

Any person in the system who can help by direct contact?

Thank you in anticipation 

No, can not quarantine at home - it'll be at a government quarantine, but there is very little possibility he will be expedited in any way. There are thousands of Thais trying to get back and Thailand only allows a couple hundred back at a time - all of them go to state quarantine. 

Only thing to do is call the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country and start working on moving him if thats really what you think is best. 

Edited by Mama Noodle
  • Like 1

I have an update for you regarding repat flights @n210mp. There is one due out of Sydney on the 21st. So have your BIL get onto the Thai embassy soonest. Good luck to him.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have an update for you regarding repat flights @n210mp. There is one due out of Sydney on the 21st. So have your BIL get onto the Thai embassy soonest. Good luck to him.

He,s in Qland, he would need to quarantine 14 days in Sydney!

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Contact Oz Embassy Bkk,there is news today of a flight to Brisbane,next month, it may be for returning Thais, so he is probably eligible.

Good idea, I hear that the Oz embassy in Bkk is being very helpful and tries as many avenues as possible to help where there's sickness etc. Worth a try.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And it may help to contact the local Thai consulate folks in Brisbane and the Thai full embassy in Canberra.

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

He,s in Qland, he would need to quarantine 14 days in Sydney!

Currently no need for 14 day quarantine for interstate flights into Sydney. There is a national Covid Helpline that may be of use for the OP to gain more info: 1800 020 080

• Thanks 1

Suggest he speaks to the Thai consulate in Brisbane as first point of contact.  Thai staff there if English is an issue.

Phone Aust (07) 34936464.  Address 19/344 Queen St Brisbane City, QLD 4000 

With regards to re entry into Thailand that will firstly be subject to the Thai Governments  requirements at the time of entry Likewise for the province with respect to local decrees for isolation. (Suggest you contact local tessabahn in Kon Kaen for factual and timely advice)   At the moment issues as a result of Covit-19  are somewhat dynamic and what is applicable today may not be so tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

No, can not quarantine at home - it'll be at a government quarantine, but there is very little possibility he will be expedited in any way. There are thousands of Thais trying to get back and Thailand only allows a couple hundred back at a time - all of them go to state quarantine. 

Only thing to do is call the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country and start working on moving him if thats really what you think is best. 

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

There is also one going out of Melbourne on the 27th, my stepson is on the Sydney one but the Thai consul in Sydney is dealing with both, cost out of Sydney is $1290 and I think $900 out of Melbourne. Contact is also made thru Thai consul in Sydney thru Facebook. 14 day quarantine on arrival, no doing at home. You have to register with the Thai consulate. 

• Thanks 1

Our Thai daughter was recently repatriated from the US, whilst studying. No option except state quarantine. Apparently the embassies priorities on age, visa expiration dates and a bunch of other criteria. Best talk to the Thai embassy where the individual is currently.

• Like 1

Thai national in Oz needs to come home ASAP Papa very ill 

Don't like you're chances for him to get home. I had problem similar couldn't get home to see my Mother in time she Died . It's OK She will be Remembered. Chin up ,It's not the end off the world.