The pound could fall to a 35 year low.

5 hours ago, Paul DS said:

Do you REALLY believe the infection / death rate in Thailand? If you looked you will see that virtually all the countries that have a low rate are poor destitute countries, ie Sudan, Yemen, Iran, North Korea, Haiti, Mozambique, Venezuala, Congo, Morocco, etc etc  and of course Thailand!

Corona deaths in Singapore ( 5.85 mln inh): 18

Edited by puipuitom
13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The pound is currently up against the Baht:

39.040 +0.292    +0.75%

On May 1st the pound was at 40.85 to the baht, which I took. It has since fallen continuously throughout this month, with a one day 'recovery' to 39.05 tonight. Source Transferwise.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

Johnson backer here.!!!

Look at your silly comments,

The EU was never about 28 member states, it was always France and Germany getting their own way and telling everyone else what to do. They never ever wanted the UK, only its contributions.

They ridiculed the UK at every opportunity, now they want the UK,locked in with an extension, with no rights OR say, so they can bankrupt the UK into paying ridiculous sums of cash for a failed EU project. In the meantime demanding rights to fishing grounds and all kinds of add ons.

They didn't want the political declaration as a standing agreement or written into law, but now they want the UK to accept all its terms.

The UK can make cars and cheese by the way! We do not need the French or the Germans.

The UK may have a tough time, but we will survive.

This is from,

A UK taxpayer, and proud we are out of the disgusting corrupt EU.

What’s that stuff a bit like bacon.... oh yeah GAMMON

you told me to look at my silly comments. If you want silly....... just read the factless nonsense you spouted. I dare say you’ve even convinced yourself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

What’s that stuff a bit like bacon.... oh yeah GAMMON

you told me to look at my silly comments. If you want silly....... just read the factless nonsense you spouted. I dare say you’ve even convinced yourself 

Ridiculous response. Plain daft.

Just another TVF keyboard warrior.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its asinine to argue about Brexit now. Its a done deal. What we need to do now is deal with the consequences.

And there are going to be many consequences. What we can not allow to happen is for Brexiteers to rewrite timelines and claim they didnt make the promises they did.

No worse off than if we had remained. 350 million a week for the NHS. No customs border in Ireland. Easiest trade deals in history. You all know the stuff I'm talking about.

So lets get to those sunny uplands full of unicorns. 

Unicorns only exist in Little England

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

At the inception of the EUR it was 1.42. What is it now? Those who are still waiting for the EUR to collapse , keep waiting. Nor is the EU imploding.

Try reading the daily Torygraph or the daily excess.It will give you a laugh at least.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Its asinine to argue about Brexit now. Its a done deal. What we need to do now is deal with the consequences.

And there are going to be many consequences. What we can not allow to happen is for Brexiteers to rewrite timelines and claim they didnt make the promises they did.

No worse off than if we had remained. 350 million a week for the NHS. No customs border in Ireland. Easiest trade deals in history. You all know the stuff I'm talking about.

So lets get to those sunny uplands full of unicorns. 

glad we left ,just go cry into your beer . its unicorns all the way .

Forex market speculating, typically. There's big money to be made with a sure thing and as said the UK powers-that-be aren't really bothered - no face loss in the real world with a deflated currency, esp in dire times. When economies reboot, you want your currency undervalued... not that that is it. Aside: with few if any Brits traveling overseas in 2020, it really makes no odds. No good for you folks in lalaland of course. Sympathies.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, Rookiescot said:

But its not little England in their minds. Its a dominant world power which other nations will fall over themselves to placate.

Amusing coming from a sweatie. But too true, you'd all be rolling around in the mud and speaking German without it. 

• Haha 1
On 5/18/2020 at 11:26 PM, talahtnut said:

The subject:

The pound could fall to a 35 year low.

Should have been The pound falls to a

135+ year low.

What can you buy for a pound? 2 bags

of finest carrots?

The UK cannot support itself without

imports. Not enough industry or food.

The Thais have, so the ฿ will remain strong

against an increasingly knackered pound.

So how soon do you see the GBP achieving parity with the THB? And then with the satang??????

The UK was in an economic mess before Covid. Now its in a hopeless situation. The Covid crisis has not been handled well and even the basic stuff like Track & Trace and testing has not yet been properly worked out. A No Deal Brexit looks on the cards - which would be a wooden stake through the heart of what is left of manufacturing and seriously hobble financial services.  At the moment there seems to be no plan to deal with the double-whammy of Covid and Brexit.

Who in their right mind does not think Sterling will drop sharply and inflation take off?

If the UK was a company would you buy shares in it?!

The cherry on the cake is the new Immigration Bill which the government expects to lead to 80k fewer EU immigrants but 50k MORE non-EU immigrants AND their families....InshAllah.  And if some of you still cling to the notion that 'non-EU' means Australia, NZ and Canada then think again!  Peace be upon you all, my brothers..

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1