Video: Pick-up flees the scene as motorcycle couple hit the tarmac in Pathum Thani

webfact

Video: Pick-up flees the scene as motorcycle couple hit the tarmac in Pathum Thani

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage that is being widely viewed on Facebook showed the moment that a pick-up side swiped a couple on a motorcycle on the Bang Khun elevated road in Klong Luang, Pathum Thani north of Bangkok.

He then fled the scene.

The couple admitted that they were not wearing helmets but said the driver should have stopped rather than doing a hit and run.

"Somwang" said to the driver:  What is your heart made of?

Netizens recommended the couple report to the police.

They did and the Klong Luang force are now investigating.

The 33 second footage from a car following showed the couple veer off a straight line slightly but there appeared no reason for the pick-up driver not to realised what had happened and render assistance.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-18

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, vogie said:

Not an accident, looked intentional to me.????

Agree, but I wonder how they came out of it what looked like unscathed. I've ripped off more pieces of clothes and skin falling off my bicycle going much slower.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sure no helmets and lucky that truck following wasn't in their lane... nonetheless looks clearly like the truck has either changed lanes not looking or cut the angle into other lane while on the slight bend....both very common habits in Los I'm afraid

Yepper, no helmet, normal......

If the scooter driver was alert he would had seen the truck approaching in his mirror and perhaps moved to the side of the lane or even moved away as the truck was veering toward him.

However my experience tells me that about 50% of the Thai drivers don't look ahead past their nose and perhaps 20% use a mirror to check rear traffic and only use the mirror to check their looks. But then again, how many drivers (cars) have their rear window vision blocked by pillows or stuffed animals.