Hua Hin: Hotel pool villas razed to the ground after sparks fly from burning fields - 160 million baht damage in repeat of last year

webfact

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The Sanook link in the OP says that the land is abandoned, not cultivated. 

"appears that the fire was caused after sparks from neighboring sugar cane and grasslands around the hotel " this is what is written in the article, if its sugar cane it is not abandoned, may well be that they burnt the sugar cane and it spread through neighbouring grass land but it still falls back on the ones burning the sugar cane, there should also be fire prevention  methods around the cane (usually a fire truck) to stop any spread, they also should not be burning if there is any wind. This is based on them deliberately lighting the sugar cane though but even then when you own land you should be responsible for maintaining it, something many dont worry about here, they just let it go, we had fires burn to our fenceline last year but luckily we had had a metre or so cleared along the fence both sides(I paid)  because the lands owner had just let it go wild and we had everything growing into our land from his otherwise we would have lost our trees, ignorance and too tight fisted to pay to have it done, we get ours cut every 3 weeks or so

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another example of bloody ignorant farmers, who dont give a s++t about neighbours.

Or an insurance job blamed on them, talking hi so owners here Colin so anythings possible, would be an extremely easy one to do by the sound of it...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Does make you wonder if the fire insurance would make up for no customers.

We're all blaming the farmers ....... but you never know.

For a moment I thought I was the only cynical one on here. Insurance job was my first thought.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The farmers burn the sugar cane every year.

Some rich folk building a resort nearby ain't gonna stop 'em.

Maybe 'thatch' isn't the right roofing material to use here.

Burning whatever garbage causes damage, this time it was a resort and usually it is the health of people living there. Government should be much stricter to punish this stupid habit.

Say what you want about nanny state building codes.  But this is a perfect example of why they exist.  

On a wingnut conspiracy note (seeing as this is their 2nd attempt), we use to call these friction fires.  It's where the mortgage rubs up against the insurance policy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

You must be in need of new glasses, it clearly states in the OP the fire came from burning fields.

Instead of trying to make me look stupid, as you do in many threads, you need to read slowly/ and correctly.

Or should we excuse you on the fact English is not your forst language?

10 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Bob is correct.

Another “based on a true story” thaivisa translation.

And 15 thaibash post about the “farmer”. Only imagine.

Thankyou Bob.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:
10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

For a moment I thought I was the only cynical one on here. Insurance job was my first thought.

This was also my first 'knee jerk conclusion' given the devastating kick to tourism and the extremely bleak outlook for the foreseeable future an 'insurance job' is not an outlandish theory.

Not to detract from the criticism of burning of fields and random rubbish fires in Thailand. That these practices are permitted to continue regardless of the laws being flouted is wholly damning of anyone in any position of decision making power and the police who continually to enforce the laws.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

its not my house everything is fine here.

i just get the occasional rock through the window. 

Disgruntled lover I presume Dr. Livingstone

20 hours ago, seajae said:
On 5/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

"appears that the fire was caused after sparks from neighboring sugar cane and grasslands around the hotel " this is what is written in the article,

The linked article, i.e. the original article that Thaivisa used, states that the land is abandoned.

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The only ones blaming farmers are the ones who haven't read the linked article, it's either that, or they did read it but prefer to make up their own version of what was actually reported because the linked article isn't a Thai farmer-bash!

Edited by Bob A Kneale

On 5/18/2020 at 12:56 PM, KhunKenAP said:

They are not supposed to burn their fields. Not just because of fire hazards, but due to pollution. They need to be sued for all they are worth, particularly if they are part of the big business sugar conglomerates.

Dont worry 2-3 years down the road there are no grassland or sugarcane fields left with the pace road construction and property construction goes here. Tropical Beijing are soon ready for the masses. Westerners should prepare for 24/7 curfew and total lockdown.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:16 PM, NCC1701A said:

its not my house everything is fine here.

i just get the occasional rock through the window. 

That's from the women you discard  ????

You must learn to take them to hotels, it works out cheaper