Are all beaches really closed !!!!!!!!!

smedly

On 5/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, hoxman said:

Just those in high concentration areas with Covid-19.

Hoxman,  

High concentration areas with Covid that has beaches?  Are you looking at Long Island, New York or the New Jersey Shore Nursing Homes?  Covid in Thailand is virtually non-existent. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Any news on the beaches in Hua Hin and the rest of Prachuab? I assume Cha am is closed as that's classed as Petchaburi.

Would be interested about rest of prachuab also?
But I can say that the pristine quiet beaches of nakonsitaamarat is wide open whilst most of bigger/popular cool water falls however are shut due to the National Park order ... 

11 hours ago, worldfun said:

Would be interested about rest of prachuab also?
But I can say that the pristine quiet beaches of nakonsitaamarat is wide open whilst most of bigger/popular cool water falls however are shut due to the National Park order ... 

Do you ( or anyone else for that matter ) know when the national parks etc are expected to open?

Thx

On 5/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, hoxman said:

55555, not all beaches are closed. Just those in high concentration areas with Covid-19. On the island I live, with many tourists, all beaches are open and not one case of Covid for almost 40 days. 

What beach is that? I am coming. No virus i promise. : )

17 hours ago, SidJames said:

It was reported on the news that they are opening up some beaches next week & if social distancing & boozing rules are obeyed then they will open all beaches although local governors can still keep them closed.

It will continue to be at the whim of the man with the "most decorated" uniform.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevinsan said:

Not saying the beaches in Pattaya are sewers, but they may be basing the no swimming decision on this data.

sewer.jpg

Correlations are not necessarily causations, but what's the graphs source. 

3 hours ago, kevinsan said:

Not saying the beaches in Pattaya are sewers, but they may be basing the no swimming decision on this data.

sewer.jpg

How can there be a concentration of SARS-COV2 in Pattaya sewage when there hasn't been a new case recorded here in six weeks? This graph must be referring to Phuket, lol.

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Who on earth is looking for Covid in sewage?

Americans.

They are studying sewage in New Haven and noting when spikes in the SARS-COV2 RNA appeared compared to when spikes in infections started appearing in local hospitals.

I think what they are trying to determine is if it's possible to predict an outbreak in an area before masses of people start showing symptoms. As we know, people can be carrying the virus without showing symptoms, however, when they defecate, virus cells are "shed" from the body and can be detected in the solid waste matter at treatment plants.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Americans.

They are studying sewage in New Haven and noting when spikes in the SARS-COV2 RNA appeared compared to when spikes in infections started appearing in local hospitals.

I think what they are trying to determine is if it's possible to predict an outbreak in an area before masses of people start showing symptoms. As we know, people can be carrying the virus without showing symptoms, however, when they defecate, virus cells are "shed" from the body and can be detected in the solid waste matter at treatment plants.

can't be too much to worry about since half the population of pattaya are starving

The beaches will be open in 2 days !

Pattaya-

The Pattaya City Mayor, Sonthaya Khunpluem, has stated to the associated Pattaya press this morning after meeting with the Communicable Disease Committee of Chonburi that all Pattaya area beaches are scheduled to open as of June first for all activities.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/29/pattaya-city-mayor-says-pattaya-area-beaches-to-reopen-for-all-activities-on-june-first/?fbclid=IwAR2QMSV9vPrcNjCTfb2sm4MbYl-7BOPtDaw71k00uwJkU6jPzwwqQXYthA4