Look out for foreign woman fraudster, says Samut Prakan office owner

webfact

1 hour ago, Farma said:

we had a man try this scam on last year.

There's a scene in the 1973 movie "Paper Moon" where a clerk is scammed in a similar way.

….It's a pretty old con and should be explained to anyone who works on this type of job.

Sometimes works in reverse in countries like Cambodia and Vietnam where they slip in currency that is no longer circulated with your transaction change or currency exchange.

3 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

There's a scene in the 1973 movie "Paper Moon" where a clerk is scammed in a similar way.

….It's a pretty old con and should be explained to anyone who works on this type of job.

I remember that movie, but the scam wasn't quite like that.

From memory:  A father and daughter worked together.  Father goes in first and buys something with a $100 bill.  But unbeknownst to the cashier, the bill had a personal note written on it.

The adorable little daughter goes in later and buys something with a $10 bill.  She gets her change back, but claims she gave the clerk a $100 bill.  The clerk denies this but the girl is in tears.  The manager comes over and the girl says she is sure it was $100 because there was a personal note written on the bill.  The manager finds the bill with the note and believes the little girl.

I'm amazed I can remember all that because it's been years since I saw that movie.  I must be drunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Good thing I'm not a scammer, I think I would have just confused myself and the office owner and his wife would have been all the richer, I read the story a couple of times and still don't get it. So they pay with a 1,000 baht note and then say that the 500 baht note in their change is damaged, then do they actually try to get the entire change amount once again? (instead of just the damaged 500 baht note)

it's all about creating confusion.

4 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Good thing I'm not a scammer, I think I would have just confused myself and the office owner and his wife would have been all the richer, I read the story a couple of times and still don't get it. So they pay with a 1,000 baht note and then say that the 500 baht note in their change is damaged, then do they actually try to get the entire change amount once again? (instead of just the damaged 500 baht note)

Maybe something like this ...

Don't know about the scam, but I just enlarged that picture and if that lady scammer is not from "the Indian sub-continent" some place, well, I am lost in the jungle. Whatever, her roots are definitely not in LOS. Even the darkest Isaan lass has no skin that dark and her frame, well, it sure is not your average Thai lady, not even a fat one.