BANGKOK
webfact

Farang in the free food queue in South Pattaya

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

While I don’t like to point the finger at anyone’s bad mistakes ( made plenty myself ) it would appear John has brought this on himself.

Hopefully he has a friend either here or back in the U.K. who will assist him to get back home.

To what sort of life faces him in the U.K. is unknown but it has to be better than a Thai jail.

british jail?  what are the consequences for selling a passport (government property)?  selling a singapore passport can result in a $10k fine or up to ten years in jail.  is there a comparable british law?

he needed some cash, now his passport can be used by human traffickers or terrorists.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I never though either of those 'a waste', but it's always best to budget!

19399171_798958206930022_4910000577788675605_n.jpg

Who was it that said ; I have spent 1/2 my fortune on girls and drink and wasted the rest .........

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

This 1 guy is not the reason but endless sex and booze tourists. What would you think if very many Thai tourists come to your home country and behave like this? 

good for them

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Who was it that said ; I have spent 1/2 my fortune on girls and drink and wasted the rest .........

booze women and fast cars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garygooner said:

Late middle age. Decided to blow all his money in Pattaya. He's not the first, but why??? 

hormones

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The British embassy have a programme where they will pay for a flight home so why is he still here?

nonsense ....   what are you babbling about   ?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

on the eve of the UK election the pound shot up to 41.63. It hasn't been any higher than that for over a year. Today it is 38.84.

Forgive me but my maths has always been pretty good, and I reckon that is a change of less than 10%.  Slightly different to your 50% statement.

It depends when you start ....... I like 1997 when the pound was worth 35bht.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It sounds like he's living with a group of bar girls, or maybe even Go-go dancers, who've taken pity on him. No wonder he threw his passport away, he's already in Nirvana, lol. 

wish i was him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The British embassy have a programme where they will pay for a flight home so why is he still here?

They retain the passport until paid back, but he does not have one, so cannot even prove he is English.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1