BANGKOK
snoop1130

Many parents finding online lessons ‘far too expensive’

Many parents finding online lessons ‘far too expensive’

By The Nation

800_43d90ac357e2796.jpg

Parents in Chiang Mai are calling on the government to reopen schools soon because online classes can be unaffordable for some families.

Ploysai Saengsuwan, 43, said her two daughters are meant to attend online classes, but she does not have the funds to purchase a television, computer and iPad as instructed by the school. The school also requires that she have a broadband connection in her house to make online classes possible.

She said that since Covid-19 hit Thailand, her income as a masseur has completely dried up and now she is having to rely on the state-provided aid packages to feed her children.

Another parent, Nut Lummong, 45, said she had been forced to find more money so her son could attend classes online.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388061

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-18

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

is there any limit to the thoughtlessness of this government; do they know anything about the thai people ?!

The know how to buy their votes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Parents won't send their kids to me for free lessons in Ban Bung. Not interested in learning. 

• Like 2

My wife's sister has 3 kids and they usually take turns borrowing there mums phone in the day to play games with a very cheap internet daily package that gets slower when the data plan has been used up.

Now she needs 3 smartphones and a good internet package.

They haven't asked me to help yet probably because I dont visit there with the C19 virus restrictions  ..

It has its benefits...

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

is there any limit to the thoughtlessness of this government; do they know anything about the thai people ?!

Only those in Bangkok in their air-con villas

• Like 2