Nasty looking insect

IMG_20160530_070835

Does it look like this insect? Your picture is too dark. Hard to compare.

2409213_orig.jpg

Thelyphonida is an arachnid order comprising invertebrates commonly known as whip scorpions or vinegaroons (also spelled vinegarroons and vinegarones). The name "whip scorpion" refers to their resemblance to true scorpions and possession of a whiplike tail. "Vinegaroon" is based on their ability when attacked to discharge an offensive liquid which contains acetic acid, producing a vinegar-like smell

https://www.thailandnatureproject.com/thelyphonida---whip-scorpions.html

Edited by GoodieAfterDark

Just googled it... Whip Scorpion (Arachnid)

apparently not poisonous, but can bite - Wiki explains the bite is a painful as vinegar getting into a cut, this is due to some acid spray released (I've learned something new anyway).

Its looks scary enough. The looks alone would keep me well away from the little beast !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just googled it... Whip Scorpion (Arachnid)

apparently not poisonous, but can bite - Wiki explains the bite is a painful as vinegar getting into a cut, this is due to some acid spray released (I've learned something new anyway).

Its looks scary enough. The looks alone would keep me well away from the little beast !

Yes, indeed everyday always learning, Dick

Not harmless one was in my crash helmet sprayed my face with something that felt like acid

Burned my face my face took a week to heal up the skin turned black after a couple of days then gradually peeled of  i was lucky it didn't go into my eye