Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine as hedge against virus

webfact

13 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Don't know whether it answers your question one way or the other but I note the New England Journal of Medicine has quite a good article on the research of HCQ. Makes a good read if nothing else.????

You mean the March!! Article from a Dr. Fauci? Nothing on prophylactic use in that article, but his stance is well known; wait with use till more research has been done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susco said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Fox News Channel, immediately after Trump's remarks, interviewed Dr. Bob Lahita, chairman of medicine at St. Joseph University Hospital, who cautioned people not to take hydroxychloroquine.

"There's no effect that we have seen and we have treated multiple patients with it," he said.

The VA said that their trials with it resulted in more people dying who took it than those who didn't. That's the VA, too, experimenting on American veterans, and killing them, just because Trump said it works. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

The VA said that their trials with it resulted in more people dying who took it than those who didn't. That's the VA, too, experimenting on American veterans, and killing them, just because Trump said it works. ????

Those studies were when hydroxychloquine was introduced within one day of the patient entering the ICU and intubation. 70% - 80% of patients going on intubation died. It would be wrong to suggest that the reason they died was due to having hydroxychlooquine on board. Me, I don't care, but PLEASE don't politicize science.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Isn't that data from Donny Trump, Jr.? ????

No its from the US Government National Poison Data System and ARS science website.

Maybe more relevant for you:

“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.”

– Mark Twain.

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Donna Brazile, the lady that helped Hillary cheat in the democratic primaries back in 2016 now works for Fox. They also have Juan Williams as another voice from the extreme left. You see, unlike CNN and MSNBC for the dems, Fox is not a pure propaganda outlet for the GOP. Fox also has the distinction of being 100% correct in calling the Russia collusion hoax a hoax, the Ukraine presumption and assumption-gate a hoax, the Kavanaugh hoax a hoax, the Covington hoax a hoax etc etc you get the drift.

What does Fox have to say about Trump taking hydroxychloroquine?

https://www.axios.com/hydroxychloroquine-trump-fox-news-neil-cavuto-be0928c6-7313-407f-9d93-5fb16037b2b6.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So if it turns out to be true you agree he is an idiot to take it.

I think he would be an idiot to take it if he was within one day of being put on a ventilator. That would mean a 70% to 80% chance of certain death for him. Not from the hydroxychlooquine, but from the Covid 19 which the HCQ doesm't touch at thatpoint. It has shown benefits in early stages of HCQ and even more so as a prophylaxis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

My non partisan contribution to this discussion is that I am all about trying experimental (no clinical testing) drugs, as a way to fight this. We do not have time for the standard rounds of testing. Having said this, as usual Trump is both missing the point, and doing it wrong. Hydro is effective, as proven by multiple studies in fighting Covid. But, as a few of the better studies have shown, it is effective once you get the virus. Also, it must be taken as a cocktail, along with Zipthro and Zinc. And only as a cure, once you are infected, not as a prophylactic drug, to try to prevent the infection. 

Second, there is no reason for him to be taking anything. Guys like him never get infected, never die young, and never go away. It seems to be the nature of creation that disruptive forces like Don Donald are required for this diabolical stage play called life on earth, to proceed. 

Start: My non partisan contribution to this discussion .....

Ending:  disruptive forces like Don Donald are required for this diabolical stage play called life on earth, to proceed. 

What's in between is basically incorrect on all levels. Azithromycin is not required, zinc is, and prophylaxis is likely far more useful for Chloroquine (+zinc). Many medical workers are on it for that purpose and many studies under way.

BTW, for prophylaxis they give zinc everyday and one chloroquine tablet per week up to one tablet per three weeks. No harm, anyone can take it, even kids.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UPDEHSOI said:

Looks like you have read quite a bit about this drug. So have you also read that continued use of this drug will cause blindness? I have a close friend who manufactures this "stuff." He says steer clear of it.

I am not recommending this drug or any drug. Particularly not "continued use". I am only reporting on observed trials; only some of which are represented here. Me, I don't take medicines of any kind. So far, anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I hear that VP Pence has now memorized the oath of office for POTUS. 

That has set off a stream of thoughts for me. What if Trump died, resigned, got thrown out of office? What if Pence became president. What if Pence STILL beat Biden. Would the Democrats then go back to being Democrats? I'd like to think so, but not much evidence to support that conclusion. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30296-6/fulltext

The lancet would disagree that it has proven effective as a prophylaxis for covid-19 in this report. Full of ‘mays’ and ‘mights’. 

Do you have a more up to date clinical study on its effectiveness as a prophylaxis?

I posted a video citing the study. You can search my history.

30 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Donna Brazile, the lady that helped Hillary cheat in the democratic primaries back in 2016 now works for Fox. They also have Juan Williams as another voice from the extreme left. You see, unlike CNN and MSNBC for the dems, Fox is not a pure propaganda outlet for the GOP. Fox also has the distinction of being 100% correct in calling the Russia collusion hoax a hoax, the Ukraine presumption and assumption-gate a hoax, the Kavanaugh hoax a hoax, the Covington hoax a hoax etc etc you get the drift.

What does Fox have to say about Trump taking hydroxychloroquine?

Donna Brazil extreme left, lol.

You mean like CNN had lewandowski as a political analyst?

Also your other statements are incorrect.

• Like 1