BANGKOK
Grumpy John

Home style Bacon......yummo!

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

Bacon makes everything batter. :smile: 

I fry it, cut it up, and boil it with Brussels sprouts. Then  I throw away the Brussels sprouts and eat the bacon.  LOL

only kidding, I will admit my shame, I like Brussels Sprouts too. 

I have never had a problem with Brussel Sprouts.  My mum had a way of cooking them which made them tasty.

22 hours ago, vogie said:

Nothing better than homemade bacon in homemade bread with lashings of New Zealand butter............breakfast time.

As an Australian I am ashamed to admit it but I eat NZ butter too.  I don't see how the Australian butter can be worth half a dollar more! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes my A1B, the new blood test for bacon grease, showed it was on its way to non elevated levels. Doctor told me to up my intake of bacon to 400 grams a day.....lol

Yesterday had a full blood workup and everything in range for age.  Goodbye diabetes....don't hurry back.  The Moringa Oleifera leaves in my Lemon Honey Tea must be doing the trick.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Hey GJ,

Tried a black pepper and molasses dry cured bacon? Great stuff. Ingredients pepper. molasses, sugar and salt. You don't need the pink salt. I have recipes (on a remote drive somewhere) for farm made sausages western and some Isaan ones. You will need a mincer and spout. I buy salted pig intestines (skins) by the kilogram at an old style Thai general store. 

If you are interested in the recipes, let me know and I will try to find the drive. We should start a pinned thread on farm produce and recipes.

Maaate, you had me from black pepper and molasses dry cured bacon!   Those salted pig intestines (skins), would be great if you had a picture of the packet they come in.  And being salted they will last in the heat better than some others.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

Maaate, you had me from black pepper and molasses dry cured bacon!   Those salted pig intestines (skins), would be great if you had a picture of the packet they come in.  And being salted they will last in the heat better than some others.  

No packaging, just a bag of salt with the skins in it. Buy by the kilogram from memory. Take as many as you need and soak them in water to remove the salt. 

• Like 2