BANGKOK
webfact

U.S. savages WHO as it promises pandemic review, but China pledges $2 billion

The United States under Trump has already been in arrears on paying their dues to the W.H.O. for the last two years.

Posted (edited)

oh, man, this is vile.  not even xi would do that to the troops.

The Trump administration’s order ends deployments on June 24, just one day before thousands would qualify for education and retirement benefits.

It seemed kind of weird to me,” said retired Brig. Gen. J. Roy Robinson, president of the National Guard Association, the advocacy group for Guard members. “It’s a Wednesday. And it also coincides with 89 days of deployment for any soldiers who went on federal status at the beginning. I was getting all kind of calls about it and I said, ‘It’s probably just a coincidence.’ But in the back of my mind, I know better. They’re screwing the National Guard members out of the status they should have.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514

Edited by ChouDoufu

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

The United States under Trump has already been in arrears on paying their dues to the W.H.O. for the last two years.

Ah!Ah! Brilliant! Thanks for the information.

Trump has halted contributions he wasn't paying anyway!

"Kolker has seen the U.S. get behind before on its payments to the WHO, though never to the degree that it has during the Trump administration. Amid the worst global health disaster of the past century, he notes that close to $200 million was already past due the WHO."

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/07/850326053/u-s-was-behind-on-payments-to-who-before-trumps-cutoff

• Like 1

It"s all about agendas, there's a US agenda and a China agenda. From my experience in public service I'd say you just go straight down the line. Once you start pandering to either side you're screwed, as an objective force, you just become a pawn in the game.

And as usual, Trump lied. 🤣

"The Lancet, however, said Tuesday "this statement is factually incorrect" and that it "published no report in December, 2019, referring to a virus or outbreak in Wuhan or anywhere else in China."

The Lancet said it first published reports on January 24, 2020."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/19/politics/trump-world-health-organization-lancet/index.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I meant people with an IQ greater than their shoe size

Damm it, still cannot find that DH emoji.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:28 AM, Mama Noodle said:

2 billion over 2 years is literal pocket change. 

Over 100 countries also want an investigation into China and the WHO as well, signaling that most people dont trust anything coming out of Xi's mouth. 

Yeah bro, everyone knows you've already have all the time in the world to cover your backside, and now you want to frame the investigation in a way that absolves you, and use the WHO to back you up - meanwhile you have your toadies on social media claim that the virus might have started in the USA. 

Agreed 100%. We in Australia are vulnerable to the economic impact of distancing ourselves from the Chinese Communist Party Government. 

Not a racist policy but good businesses don't have such vulnerability to political and economic blackmail being used now by these bath plugs 

• Thanks 1

No one is going to argue with a $2 Billion donation!

So sorry Donny, Congress already authorized the WHO funding and unlikely to agree to the drastic cut in the middle of the pandemic. As usual, empty threats and China clapped back. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

oh, man, this is vile.  not even xi would do that to the troops.

The Trump administration’s order ends deployments on June 24, just one day before thousands would qualify for education and retirement benefits.

It seemed kind of weird to me,” said retired Brig. Gen. J. Roy Robinson, president of the National Guard Association, the advocacy group for Guard members. “It’s a Wednesday. And it also coincides with 89 days of deployment for any soldiers who went on federal status at the beginning. I was getting all kind of calls about it and I said, ‘It’s probably just a coincidence.’ But in the back of my mind, I know better. They’re screwing the National Guard members out of the status they should have.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514

Could really backfire with trump's base, likely he will U turn. However, demonstrates poor governance decision making.

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 6:56 AM, simple1 said:

Rather than trump attacking WHO, surely it makes a lot more sense to work with the UN for WHO to gain authority for more actionable authority.

If Trump is smart, he won't waste another cent backing of a UN agency clearly in the pockets of the Chinese and messianic vaccines "king" Bill Gates.

One can only speculate how many lives were lost as a result of the WHO'S rash public endorsement of China's initial claim that the COVID virus could not be spread by human transmission.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

If Trump is smart, he won't waste another cent on backing of a UN agency clearly in the pockets of the Chinese and messianic vaccines "king" Bill Gates.

One can only speculate how many lives were lost as a result of the WHO'S rash public endorsement of China's initial claim that COVID virus was not spread by human transmission.

WHO has completed wonderful programs for disease eradication / minimisation. WHO corrected their knowledge and advise for the international community within a matter of days of gaining entry to Wuhan, whilst trump continued for weeks minimising the threat of Covid. Would be a great shame for the US to vindictively undermine WHO rather than working with WHO to implement lessons learnt.

Why is it trump supporters never address the errors of judgement made by trump and ignoring his agencies advice which is now quickly heading to 100,000 deaths from Covid in the USA.

trump's lack of leadership has facilitated influences by China.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, simple1 said:

WHO has completed wonderful programs for disease eradication / minimisation. WHO corrected their knowledge and advise for the international community within a matter of days of gaining entry to Wuhan, whilst trump continued for weeks minimising the threat of Covid. Would be a great shame for the US to vindictively undermine WHO rather than working with WHO to implement lessons learnt.

Why is it trump supporters never address the errors of judgement made by trump and ignoring his agencies advice which is now quickly heading to 100,000 deaths from Covid in the USA.

trump's lack of leadership has facilitated influences by China.

Trashing the US economy, which Trump is rightly reluctant to do, would cost far more deaths than the glorified flu epidemic which caused the WHO to get their knickers in such a twist.

• Sad 1

The usual Trump's m.o. Blame someone else in the hope people will forget about his mishandling of the epidemic.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, twocatsmac said:

Time for free speaking countries to wholeheartedly support Australia and buy their produce.

Im australian and i wont do that. Australia has a bad reputation of dumping.