U.S. savages WHO as it promises pandemic review, but China pledges $2 billion

webfact

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Your logic is completely flawed. They introduced shutdowns because there was a strong outburst.already occurring. Hence the high number of deaths.

When I talked about maths, I talked about very elementary school maths, such as:

John is infected

Case one: he stays in a room and never has any close contact with anyone. How many people can he infect?

Case two: he has close contacts with 10 persons

Case three: he has close contacts with 20 persons

Etc...

Then the difficulty is to estimate the infection coefficient. What is the % of I contact persons infected. That, among other coefficients, determines model results.

Sadly, your elementary school maths don't add up in real life. But thanks for the lesson.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

"Could have been. . ."  "Researchers estimate". . .  "This implies that. . . "

Sounds about as iffy as the modelling from the opposite side of the Pond that got us all into this mess in the first place.

I'm waiting for somebody to model the costs of lockdowns in terms of social and economic terms. Now THAT should make interesting reading.

I did say yet to be peer reviewed. There are already some studies on costs of shutdowns, but without doubt you will a argue against if don’t comply to your opinion so won’t bother to provide links.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Sadly, your elementary school maths don't add up in real life. But thanks for the lesson.

The logic you apply to 'real life' is flawed. Shutdowns have been introduced in places where the virus was already spreading, That's the cause for the high number of deaths. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, candide said:

The logic you apply to 'real life' is flawed. Shutdowns have been introduced in places where the virus was already spreading, That's the cause for the high number of deaths. 

And there is no evidence of lockdowns making any difference, other than causing additional deaths because people with cancer, heart conditions etc are too scared or guilty to leave home and seek medical help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

And there is no evidence of lockdowns making any difference, other than causing additional deaths because people with cancer, heart conditions etc are too scared or guilty to leave home and seek medical help.

Again, maths demonstrate it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1