Would you take Hydroxychloroquine to protect you against the covid virus?

paddypower

POTUS is out and about, shaking hands, no mask. Would'nt it be a miracle if we could all get out of lock-down and see a stop to economic deaths? 

Trump says he's taking hydroxychloroquine, despite scientists' concerns

The anti-malarial drug has not been shown to be effective in treating Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/18/trump-says-hes-taking-unproven-anti-malarial-drug-265546

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 4reaL said:

Proof ?

What proof are you looking for? The ones that clearly state that the amount of deaths and infected are lower than the yearly flu? Or the ones that clearly state it´s a common virus that can be compared to a flu based om the registered victims and deaths? My advice to you is just Google it.

All the preventive measures from start was good, but know this is getting ridiculous. As the world can see, some countries have been affected more than others. That is no reason to continue to lockdown the world. Now it has slowed down in many countries and time to start up everything. Anything else is pure madness.

Preventive measures is all good, but they shall never be taken to far out of misguided fear.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4reaL said:

Proof ?

The proof is nobody in my family died when I caught it in Saigon (or Chiang Mai) airport in January from Chinese tourists, then infected my family. Me, bit of earache, blocked ears and a nasty cough for a month or two, misses laid out flat on the sofa with fever for 10 days, son fever for 3 days, daughter didn't get it, probably immune.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

What proof are you looking for? The ones that clearly state that the amount of deaths and infected are lower than the yearly flu? Or the ones that clearly state it´s a common virus that can be compared to a flu based om the registered victims and deaths?

Yes!  Till now all proof I saw was fabricated.

I just finished reading an article about people still having health issues after a mild infection of this flu. Months later they are still ill, it seems that this flu causes permanent damage to organs, even with people who were mildly infected and could stay at home to get better.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

CDC estimates 12,000 to 61,000 deaths annually from flu in US

Since December 2019: almost 90,000 dead from Covid-19

Yes, as I also wrote in my post that you chosed to take out of the equation. Some countries have been affected more than others. 

Yes, US have a greater amount. Another time it´s other countries that suffer more than others. Do not try to make it more important just because Americans are dying. You have to look at the statistics for all of the world to get the picture.

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's good enough for me, I don't really care about your fear or your health.

The odd thing about COVID, I have to suffer because other people live in fear.

If you're scared, just stay locked in your home forever and you can't catch it ...... how easy is that?

I wouldn't have put it that bluntly, but of course you are right.

And an 'in your face' response to irrational scare-mongering might after the initial outrage provoke some soul-searching with those living in fear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Chulalunkorn Hospital as reported by a poster treated with it there a few weeks ago, he recovered, probably a disaapointment to the Trump haters

What kind of proof is that? One statement or any individual statement claiming they recovered by a medicine, that have not been proved in a scientic research that take a year or more to complete. 

• Like 2