Would you take Hydroxychloroquine to protect you against the covid virus?

paddypower

10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Fox, on hearing the Presidents announcement, strongly advised its viewers not to do as the president does. Unprecedented for Fox to openly go against Trump.

https://www.axios.com/hydroxychloroquine-trump-fox-news-neil-cavuto-be0928c6-7313-407f-9d93-5fb16037b2b6.html

Fox did no such thing.  It was only Neil Cavuto who is in no position to be giving medical advice.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The proof is nobody in my family died when I caught it in Saigon (or Chiang Mai) airport in January from Chinese tourists, then infected my family. Me, bit of earache, blocked ears and a nasty cough for a month or two, misses laid out flat on the sofa with fever for 10 days, son fever for 3 days, daughter didn't get it, probably immune.

Without being tested for COVID-19 antibodies, I don't know how your proof is realistic. Could have been flu or or a number of other viruses.

Given the cost of an antibody test in Thailand for farangs, my guess is you have not been tested.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Fox did no such thing.  It was only Neil Cavuto who is in no position to be giving medical advice.

Is Trump in a position to give medical advice? Isn't Cavuto a Fox News anchor and did he not give his advice on Fox News?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's good enough for me, I don't really care about your fear or your health.

The odd thing about COVID, I have to suffer because other people live in fear.

Er - what makes you think other people care about your "suffering" either?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Those that are in a position to give medical advice say not to take it.

So off you go, take it and tell us how it goes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Is Trump in a position to give medical advice? Isn't Cavuto a Fox News anchor and did he not give his advice on Fox News?

Trump never gave medical advice. He said what he was doing himself.

Cavuto was speaking for himself, not the Fox corporation.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1

The proof is nobody in my family died when I caught it in Saigon (or Chiang Mai) airport in January from Chinese tourists, then infected my family. Me, bit of earache, blocked ears and a nasty cough for a month or two, misses laid out flat on the sofa with fever for 10 days, son fever for 3 days, daughter didn't get it, probably immune.

You dont even know you had it. It could of been any flu bug. In fact many of the people tested for showing symptoms came back negative.

• Like 1

NO. Absolutely not. But, I would take it, if I got the virus. However, I would take it as a cocktail, as it is ineffective on it's own, something Trump would know nothing about, since he does not read. It has shown itself to be very effective when used with Zipthro, and Zinc. And frankly, I do not need the super conventional, super conservative, FDA, CDC, and WHO supporting brigade (Big Pharma devotees), to pile on with their advice about the need for 12-18 month clinical studies. We do not have 18 months. If faced with potential death, or drugs that have minor side effects (especially mild when taken short term) I will choose the former. Death is the worst side effect possible! So is a closed mind, and life within a tiny box of convention. 

• Like 1

So if i have a friend who did die from it that is not proof because you didnt.

A higher percentage of people die from this than the normal flu, its also easier to catch and can be transmitted even when showing no symptoms.

its people with your attitude that is prolonging the need to have lockdowns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

NO. Absolutely not. But, I would take it, if I got the virus. However, I would take it as a cocktail, as it is ineffective on it's own, something Trump would know nothing about, since he does not read. It has shown itself to be very effective when used with Zipthro, and Zinc. And frankly, I do not need the super conventional, super conservative, FDA, CDC, and WHO supporting brigade (Big Pharma devotees), to pile on with their advice about the need for 12-18 month clinical studies. We do not have 18 months. If faced with potential death, or drugs that have minor side effects (especially mild when taken short term) I will choose the former. Death is the worst side effect possible! So is a closed mind, and life within a tiny box of convention. 

So have you been taking it as a cocktail?

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So if i have a friend who did die from it that is not proof because you didnt.

A higher percentage of people die from this than the normal flu, its also easier to catch and can be transmitted even when showing no symptoms.

its people with your attitude that is prolonging the need to have lockdowns.

My attitude affects nothing one way or the other.

The Thai government don't listen to me, not even my woman listens to me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. As I stated, and as every study I have read has stated, it is ONLY effective when taken after you are infected. Hydro has shown to be of minor effectiveness as a preventative, along with zinc. 

The studies that I have recently read state that it has no effect on Covid-19 at any point in the progression of the disease.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My attitude affects nothing one way or the other.

The Thai government don't listen to me, not even my woman listens to me.

Same as mine but she has now conned the dog and it also doesnt listen to me.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The studies that I have recently read state that it has no effect on Covid-19 at any point in the progression of the disease.

Multiple studies, in addition to some open minded doctors, who are desperate to save lives in the US, have shown zinc to be very effective, when combined with Zipthro and Hydro, in absolutely devastating and killing the covid virus. 

Increasing the intracellular Zn2+ concentration with zinc-ionophores like pyrithione (PT) can efficiently impair the replication of a variety of RNA viruses, including poliovirus and influenza virus. For some viruses this effect has been attributed to interference with viral polyprotein processing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973827/

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. As I stated, and as every study I have read has stated, it is ONLY effective when taken after you are infected. Hydro has shown to be of minor effectiveness as a preventative, along with zinc. 

When taken soon after getting infected seems to be the general gist. Your last statement is not correct, that has not shown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Multiple studies, in addition to some open minded doctors, who are desperate to save lives in the US, have shown zinc to be very effective, when combined with Zipthro and Hydro, in absolutely devastating and killing the covid virus. 

Increasing the intracellular Zn2+ concentration with zinc-ionophores like pyrithione (PT) can efficiently impair the replication of a variety of RNA viruses, including poliovirus and influenza virus. For some viruses this effect has been attributed to interference with viral polyprotein processing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973827/

I see absolutely no mention of Hydroxychloroquine in your link. Or Azithromycin (I assume that's what you mean by "Zipthro") an antibiotic. Antibiotics have no effect on viruses.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You were in Thailand with it ?

How did the government handle it once it was confirmed you and family were infected ?

Edited by Don Mega

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What proof are you looking for? The ones that clearly state that the amount of deaths and infected are lower than the yearly flu? Or the ones that clearly state it´s a common virus that can be compared to a flu based om the registered victims and deaths? My advice to you is just Google it.

All the preventive measures from start was good, but know this is getting ridiculous. As the world can see, some countries have been affected more than others. That is no reason to continue to lockdown the world. Now it has slowed down in many countries and time to start up everything. Anything else is pure madness.

Preventive measures is all good, but they shall never be taken to far out of misguided fear.

Seasonal flu is not comparable to  Covid 19. You are holding yourself to ridicule because of sheer idiocy of your statement.

The 2019-2020 seasonal flu season is going to be one of the mildest of the past decade.

Why do you think that is? The answer will  explain why your statement is idiotic and easily dismissed.  The prevention measures introduced to reduce the impact of Covid 19 have in effect squashed the seasonal flu epidemic. I will  borrow from my latest bulletin;

In weeks 15 to 19, exceptionally low levels of influenza activity have been reported and this is a continuation of results reported in the previous  reporting period. In the USA and Canada, the 2019-20 influenza season is considered ended in week 12.  The trend of reduced primary care visits at lower than average rates, and a relatively small number of influenza related hospitalizations coincided with the  few reports of zonal outbreaks.

Using your own  argument, Covid 19  is more serious than this year's seasonal flu.

- The Seasonal flu can be minimized by the use of a  vaccine. The people who die of complications arising from a seasonal flu infection typically are not vaccinated. They are also usually against pneumonia. PCV13 protects against the 13 most serious bacteria that cause pneumonia. PPSV23 protects against the 23 lesser strains pneumonia causing bacteria.

- Covid 19 patients require significantly more hospitalization time than seasonal flu patients. Covid 19 patients can linger on a ventilator for 20-45 days before 70% of them eventually die.

- Seasonal flu patients who die, are typically at the end of their lives or have a serious  chronic condition.  Covid 19 patients are typically younger and in a better state of health.

- Healthcare workers are not dying in the hundreds from exposure to patients with the seasonal flu. They are with  Covid 19 patients.

I have no patience for these types of ignorant deceitful claims that are motivated by a skewed political bias and that are not based upon scientific fact. The posts are offensive and vile because people I know have  become ill and some have died  while engaged in the delivery of patient care. When I read the dismissive BS of people with no  education the message given is that the 1000 people who have died because they put themselves at risk to help others are insignificant.  100 people like this do not die when they provide  care to   seasonal flu patients. Go and read the names of those who have died and realize that they have families, friends and patients who cared about them.  https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927976

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How do you know you were infected? Were you tested in accordance with the guidelines?

There was a respiratory infection going around at the same time. The result was that a dry lingering cough remained with many people. I had an infection in January, severe fever for  3 days and then an infrequent fever for 2 more days. My cough remained with me for weeks, went away and then came back.  I also had significant fatigue for a few days. I did not have a Covid 19 episode. Several of my colleagues had similar experiences. They did not have a Covid 19 illness.

Unless you had a confirmed diagnosis, it is  most likely you had the bad cold that was circulating in SE Asia at the time. I offer that you are making an assumption. No different than those who  believe that they have the  flu when all they have is a bad cold.

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

LOL, after spouting over 10,000 lies or un-truths publically.  Our POTUS's words should not be believed. ????

RATFLOL - the headline prompted me to ask the question, because I have had several otherwise sensible friends tell me they bought hydroxychloroquine, and had some to spare, if I wanted it. Good friends like this are hard to find. ????