BANGKOK
paddypower

Would you take Hydroxychloroquine to protect you against the covid virus?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Fox, on hearing the Presidents announcement, strongly advised its viewers not to do as the president does. Unprecedented for Fox to openly go against Trump.

https://www.axios.com/hydroxychloroquine-trump-fox-news-neil-cavuto-be0928c6-7313-407f-9d93-5fb16037b2b6.html

Fox did no such thing.  It was only Neil Cavuto who is in no position to be giving medical advice.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The proof is nobody in my family died when I caught it in Saigon (or Chiang Mai) airport in January from Chinese tourists, then infected my family. Me, bit of earache, blocked ears and a nasty cough for a month or two, misses laid out flat on the sofa with fever for 10 days, son fever for 3 days, daughter didn't get it, probably immune.

Without being tested for COVID-19 antibodies, I don't know how your proof is realistic. Could have been flu or or a number of other viruses.

Given the cost of an antibody test in Thailand for farangs, my guess is you have not been tested.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Fox did no such thing.  It was only Neil Cavuto who is in no position to be giving medical advice.

Is Trump in a position to give medical advice? Isn't Cavuto a Fox News anchor and did he not give his advice on Fox News?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A troll post and ofensive meme has been removed

It's good enough for me, I don't really care about your fear or your health.

The odd thing about COVID, I have to suffer because other people live in fear.

Er - what makes you think other people care about your "suffering" either?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Heresy!  But I'd bet that came from the legal dept. as opposed to the propaganda wing.

See my edit.

Took it for a few months, prescribed by a Thai rheumatologist without any problem. But I wouldn't take it for COVID, as there is absolutely no proof of its effectiveness.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Those that are in a position to give medical advice say not to take it.

So off you go, take it and tell us how it goes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Is Trump in a position to give medical advice? Isn't Cavuto a Fox News anchor and did he not give his advice on Fox News?

Trump never gave medical advice. He said what he was doing himself.

Cavuto was speaking for himself, not the Fox corporation.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1

The proof is nobody in my family died when I caught it in Saigon (or Chiang Mai) airport in January from Chinese tourists, then infected my family. Me, bit of earache, blocked ears and a nasty cough for a month or two, misses laid out flat on the sofa with fever for 10 days, son fever for 3 days, daughter didn't get it, probably immune.

You dont even know you had it. It could of been any flu bug. In fact many of the people tested for showing symptoms came back negative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kelsall said:

Trump never gave medical advice. He said what he was doing himself.

Cavuto was speaking for himself, not the Fox corporation.

Semantics. Sounds like desperation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NO. Absolutely not. But, I would take it, if I got the virus. However, I would take it as a cocktail, as it is ineffective on it's own, something Trump would know nothing about, since he does not read. It has shown itself to be very effective when used with Zipthro, and Zinc. And frankly, I do not need the super conventional, super conservative, FDA, CDC, and WHO supporting brigade (Big Pharma devotees), to pile on with their advice about the need for 12-18 month clinical studies. We do not have 18 months. If faced with potential death, or drugs that have minor side effects (especially mild when taken short term) I will choose the former. Death is the worst side effect possible! So is a closed mind, and life within a tiny box of convention. 

• Like 1

So if i have a friend who did die from it that is not proof because you didnt.

A higher percentage of people die from this than the normal flu, its also easier to catch and can be transmitted even when showing no symptoms.

its people with your attitude that is prolonging the need to have lockdowns.

• Like 1