Would you take Hydroxychloroquine to protect you against the covid virus?

paddypower

Morbidly obese males of advanced age who take  hydroxychloroquine are more likely to suffer an adverse drug reaction.  Let's review and see  what could make the man ill;

Ocular Effects - Dose-related retinopathy reported, which may progress even after the drug is discontinued.Irreversible retinal damage has occurred in some patients 

Cardiac Effects: Life-threatening and fatal cardiomyopathy reported in patients. 

Signs or symptoms of cardiac compromise reported with both acute and chronic hydroxychloroquine treatment. Patients may present with AV block, pulmonary hypertension, sick sinus syndrome, or with cardiac complications; ECG findings may include AV block or right or left bundle branch block.

Hypoglycemic Effects: May cause severe hypoglycemia, including loss of consciousness, that could be life threatening; reported in patients receiving or not receiving treatment with antidiabetic agents.110

Neuropsychiatric Events: Neuropsychiatric events (affect/emotional lability, nervousness, irritability, nightmares, psychosis, suicidality) reported rarely.

CNS Effects:  Headache, dizziness, seizures, ataxia, and extrapyramidal disorders (e.g., dystonia, dyskinesia, tremor).

Neuromuscular Effects: Skeletal muscle palsies or skeletal muscle myopathy or neuromyopathy reported. May lead to progressive weakness and atrophy of proximal muscle groups and may be associated with mild sensory changes, depression of tendon reflexes, and abnormal nerve conduction.

Hematologic Effects: Aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia (hemolysis in patients with G-6-PD deficiency) reported rarely.

Well, in consideration of the above, maybe his taking of the drug isn't such a bad idea........................ Maybe if he takes a lot of it, it will work  a miracle...............

The study in France on 2600 patients sure appears to show that Hydroxy and Azithromyacin.  

10 deaths out of 2600 treated.

Also note in this video Dr Raoult touches on Gilead and profits.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhoi1JKjClk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I see absolutely no mention of Hydroxychloroquine in your link. Or Azithromycin (I assume that's what you mean by "Zipthro") an antibiotic. Antibiotics have no effect on viruses.

They have been shown to have a beneficial effect on secondary symptoms due to pneumonia. If I had a choice between an experimental drug or probable death, I would choose the former rather than just give up the ghost. 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, smutcakes said:

Do you actually know many doctors are using it, or you are just repeating what DT said in his news conference?

It's part of the standard treatment regimen for all hospitalised patients in Thailand with mild symptoms upwards, written in the Ministry of Public Health treatment guidelines. 

• Like 1

Bought some almost 2 months ago and have been taking it with zinc.  No adverse reactions.  There is quite a lot of exaggeration on the web about the side effects of this drug.  It's been used by millions of people for many, many years, and as far as I can tell no deaths reported that can be linked to it.  It's dirt cheap, I think I paid 1 or 2 baht a tab (200mg).  There are some big players who have an interest in selling you a new, unproven drug at many times the price.  Could they be spreading disinformation perhaps?