Pattaya: 1000 desperate people queue for handouts from Chinese company

webfact

Pattaya: 1000 desperate people queue for handouts from Chinese company

9pm.jpg

A Chinese rubber firm handed out supplies to the needy who queued in front of Pattaya City Hall yesterday.

There were 1,000 people who would each get five kilogram bags of rice, a large pack of water and a face mask.

The queue stretched back one kilometer.

City officials were on hand to make sure that social distancing and other protocols were being observed.

77kaoded reported that people in Pattaya have been particularly badly hit during the coronavirus pandemic with around half working in the devastated tourism industry and its associated sectors.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I don't think that the people going there need it so badly. I think many simply go there because they get something for free. 

When I think about something, that I haven't investigated in detail, I am usually wrong. I don't know any of the people in the numerous food lines and have not done any data research. I just consider myself fortunate and grateful I am not in those lines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

It has everything to do with it. The virus came from China. 

it is a Communist Chinese company. The Communist Chinese are responsible for the virus. 

They are taking great joy at collapsing the worlds economy. 

and they don't care how many of their slave labor force have to die or how much their own so called economy has to shrink in order to do it.  

this type of food hand out is a commies wet dream. the failure of capitalism and china is right here with a hand out. they are doing this <deleted> all over the world now. 

lets face it, your only peeved because the west didn't do it first. he who hesitates loses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where is the Government? You avin a laff?:cheesy:????

This crowd are only interested  in themselves, dont give a rats a++e about Joe public.

Their overseas bank accounts must be overflowing by now, yet they never part with 1 baht to help the poor down trodden people here.

I thought they were too xenophobic to do something like storing their money in a "foreign" bank account. Why not keep their wealth in Thailand? or are they afraid they'll suffer the same fate as Thaksin?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Where is the Government? The citizens of this country should not have to rely continuously on private individuals generosity in order to be able to eat.

I am sure that the Thai Citizens will store the treatment they are receiving from their Government in their memory banks for the right time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

lets face it, your only peeved because the west didn't do it first. he who hesitates loses.

There have been many many examples of Western outfits giving food handouts around Pattaya, just surprised this Chinese rubber outfit came late to the idea, but nevertheless I commend any charitable efforts in these times.  

The WEST is suffering under it's own burdens too!

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Where is the Government? The citizens of this country should not have to rely continuously on private individuals generosity in order to be able to eat.

They're behind closed doors trying to think of how to script a letter to the money men on how to bail out Thai airways... much more important !

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The government is hiding their money. They asked the Richest people to help them so don't expect any hand outs from them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it is a Communist Chinese company. The Communist Chinese are responsible for the virus. 

and they don't care how many of their slave labor force have to die or how much their own so called economy has to shrink in order to do it.  

this type of food hand out is a commies wet dream. the failure of capitalism and china is right here with a hand out. they are doing this <deleted> all over the world now. 

Er.

The virus accident. Unlucky.

Not same they bomb kids and village in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq, Korea, Afghanistan etc etc.

for what?

Thankyou.

EE366FA2-0DDE-4943-B699-974A33F3EB79.jpeg

743D37C0-B659-4FA8-A4D7-C012AC26012E.jpeg

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

4600 of their own died, and their economy suffered too.

You have to stop reading the Cold War press. Their suffering is just the same as everyone elses.

There is only 83M in the CPC. The other 1.3bn are just ordinary people.

10 hours ago, thailand49 said:

When the Chinese do it it is all over the front page locals farang it get slightly mentioned unless you happen to be on the beach sitting around. ????

There has been substantial publicity (some may say too much) over the efforts of Fab103 and Nightwish, The Devonshire etc. 

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I am sure that the Thai Citizens will store the treatment they are receiving from their Government in their memory banks for the right time.

Like an election?  Do you really think opposition votes are counted here?  Check out how long it took them to fudge the results last time out.

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

The government is hiding their money. They asked the Richest people to help them so don't expect any hand outs from them

For the best part of last year all we heard from the government was how good the economy was, how full the reserves were, how much was coming in from tourism, the 2nd best economy in Asia... blah blah

yet when Corvid 19 came along the coffers were seemingly empty.

Even the social welfare department boasted of cash reserves that had been accumulating for years due to low unemployment, and again when it came to paying out thousands were turned down, leaving people out of work with no cash to feed themselves or pay bills!

Reliant on  charitable deeds from kind hearted people, even the billionaires snubbed the PM's begging letter for help with finances to bail them out of trouble, opting for promises of future employment within their organisations. 

Smaller entrepreneurs and food banks have been the saviour for the majority of struggling people... the government has lost it's way and proven beyond any doubt that they emptied the kitty within six years of taking over the country.

They can try to blame Corvid for many things, but the economy and tourism was already on the slide before this came along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

There has been substantial publicity (some may say too much) over the efforts of Fab103 and Nightwish, The Devonshire etc. 

Not where I'm sitting, I wouldn't disagree there hasn't been this article wasn't just on T.V. Thai TV and news it was repeated all day all night must have had something to do with China trying to change their image?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

the government has to maintain the supa sub and tanks they bought for big money......!!!! a long time ago....

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Not where I'm sitting, I wouldn't disagree there hasn't been this article wasn't just on T.V. Thai TV and news it was repeated all day all night must have had something to do with China trying to change their image?

Yes, they will be working on that, even they should realize they are to be blamed for a lot of misery.