BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: 1000 desperate people queue for handouts from Chinese company

Pattaya: 1000 desperate people queue for handouts from Chinese company

9pm.jpg

A Chinese rubber firm handed out supplies to the needy who queued in front of Pattaya City Hall yesterday.

There were 1,000 people who would each get five kilogram bags of rice, a large pack of water and a face mask.

The queue stretched back one kilometer.

City officials were on hand to make sure that social distancing and other protocols were being observed.

77kaoded reported that people in Pattaya have been particularly badly hit during the coronavirus pandemic with around half working in the devastated tourism industry and its associated sectors.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

City officials were on hand to make sure that social distancing and other protocols were being observed.

Observation over involvement over 🤔

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I don't think that the people going there need it so badly. I think many simply go there because they get something for free. 

When I think about something, that I haven't investigated in detail, I am usually wrong. I don't know any of the people in the numerous food lines and have not done any data research. I just consider myself fortunate and grateful I am not in those lines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

It has everything to do with it. The virus came from China. 

it is a Communist Chinese company. The Communist Chinese are responsible for the virus. 

They are taking great joy at collapsing the worlds economy. 

and they don't care how many of their slave labor force have to die or how much their own so called economy has to shrink in order to do it.  

this type of food hand out is a commies wet dream. the failure of capitalism and china is right here with a hand out. they are doing this <deleted> all over the world now. 

lets face it, your only peeved because the west didn't do it first. he who hesitates loses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where is the Government? You avin a laff?:cheesy:🤭

This crowd are only interested  in themselves, dont give a rats a++e about Joe public.

Their overseas bank accounts must be overflowing by now, yet they never part with 1 baht to help the poor down trodden people here.

I thought they were too xenophobic to do something like storing their money in a "foreign" bank account. Why not keep their wealth in Thailand? or are they afraid they'll suffer the same fate as Thaksin?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Where is the Government? The citizens of this country should not have to rely continuously on private individuals generosity in order to be able to eat.

I am sure that the Thai Citizens will store the treatment they are receiving from their Government in their memory banks for the right time.

• Like 1