BANGKOK
WaveHunter

When are gyms expected to open again in Chiang Mai?

I know they are open in Bangkok now but still are closed here in Chiang Mai.  Does anyone have some reliable information?  

Sorry if this has already been discussed but it’s almost impossible for me to navigate ThaiVisa lately due to how slow pages are loading on my iPhone, so I’d appreciate some feedback.  

Thanks

The Orchid hotel gym said July 1 when they shut down the gym and pool, they said the same thing day before yesterday.

Harris Fitness Center is open for weight training only.  It is located on the 6th floor of the closed Lotus Hotel(kind of weird the hotel is closed but the independent gym inside of the hotel is open).  The Gym has opened it’s windows to comply with the government order.  Just fans and the old fashioned Swamp Coolers for “comfort”.   I would not want to be there in the afternoon.  

The gyms are not open in Bangkok. Our Gym only allows the use of the swimming pool, badminton and tennis, following the Government and local guidelines.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I know they are open in Bangkok now

41 minutes ago, Estrada said:

The gyms are not open in Bangkok

I am betting on Estrada.  Via con dios.

I was told yesterday that O2 gym in Chiang Mai was open. 

This is hearsay, but could be something. 

21 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I was told yesterday that O2 gym in Chiang Mai was open. 

This is hearsay, but could be something. 

Yeh a woodcarver sitting on a stoop in Candidassa told me that too at 6:15 am thismorning.

A little unrelated...

But why is ok to use free weights and not the machines ? Is the virus picky about where it sits ? 

• Haha 1

My gym at ratilanna hotel still mentions "closed until 31 May". However, if they open on the 1st of June as expected, will we be allowed to use all equipment such as treadmills or elliptical, or only weighs, I don't know. 

Gyms are open in Bangkok.  My gym which is pretty big has opened the free weight area only.  No cardio machines or resistance “machines”.  Same for my condo gym.  Cardio is roped off

23 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

A little unrelated...

But why is ok to use free weights and not the machines ? Is the virus picky about where it sits ? 

People perspire more and breath heavily, I suppose if infected spreading droplets more than pumping weights

FYI...My gym in Chiang Mai (Golds Hillside) is now open :).  I just spoke with them on phone.

1 hour ago, AtlasAus said:

A little unrelated...

By 'weight trining' only, may have meant the 'gym' and not other activities that fitness centers offer, like yoga, dance, aerobics n stuff.

If anyone is worried about sweating people in a gym giving them Covid 19,  they should grow a pair, or go live in a box in the mountains.  

• Haha 2