My neighbors dog

I live in a remote area where everyone is driving a car or a motorbike.

The closest shop is about 500 metre from here.

When the gf is not home and the car is not available I find myself in a worry when wanting to go to the shop for some refreshments.

Its this one house that keep giving me problems. Two Thai dogs which are very aggressive. Have to pass them in a narrow street to get by, but they do their best to deny me. They are very aggressive and keep going at me as soon I am 5-10 metre close. They are more than ready to bite.

I had enough of these two douchebags refusing me to live my life as I want, and consider what to do with them.

To give them a go with a bat in the middle of the day seems a bit over the top as neighbor might not like, so I consider what else I can do to get these two a-hooles to give me the peace I want.

Ideas?

Edited by MrMilk

12 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Walk with stout 6' bamboo walking stick

and do not look at them eye to eye..to do

that, they perceive you're challenging them.

Slow your pace to a nonchalant stroll.

Stare them out holding the stick, theyll drop eye contact when they finally fear you  more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Yes, I completely agree with you Andy. Barking dogs are not aggressive dogs, they're just being defensive  Folks often misinterpret their behaviour. I live in a village full of dogs and now that they know me, not one of them give me any problem at all.

Like you say, it's all a matter of confidence and above all, show no aggression yourself. Show none, you'll get none. I never carry anything that looks like a weapon. 

I must have an aggressive looking car, there are a couple of dogs on one of my routes, that attack my car.

Now my car ain't fury, is very quiet with a hansum driver, so perhaps your theory is cr_p....????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes, I completely agree with you Andy. Barking dogs are not aggressive dogs, they're just being defensive  Folks often misinterpret their behaviour. I live in a village full of dogs and now that they know me, not one of them give me any problem at all.

Like you say, it's all a matter of confidence and above all, show no aggression yourself. Show none, you'll get none. I never carry anything that looks like a weapon. 

I'm a cyclist. I use the water bottle idea mentioned above, but with vinegar, not bleach. Bleach could blind a dog, and is a hassle to you if a few drops get loose. If I get a dog in the eyes with vinegar, they never bother me again. It gives them something to think about for half an hour or so, but causes no permanent harm. Plus, if someone sees you spray it, you can claim it's water. Nobody's going to sniff the dog or the ground to prove you wrong. 

Above is when I'm biking. For walking, I carry an old golf club shaft with no head. You don't have to hit a dog for it to be effective. Brandish it. If they're still threatening, swing it fast, so that it makes a whistling sound moving through the air. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

I'm a cyclist. I use the water bottle idea mentioned above, but with vinegar, not bleach.

A bulglar on TV said the best is to spray ammonia on their nose. That will keep the dogs busy for a while. 

• Sad 1