My neighbors dog

On 5/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, MrMilk said:

Changed the head-line. It was wrote in anger and frustration. It was out of line, indeed.

The owner never seem to be home at these hours. At least I haven't seen him around in the daytime.

If there's a problem they will ignore or deny the dogs are thiers .but if u ran 1 down it would belong to every1

If it is thiers why don.t they keep in thier garden instead of risking them been knocked down.not my idea of been a responsible pet owner .shouldn't have 1 if can't or won't look after 1.my neighbour is the same our houses are very close and her dog s××× was 2 yds from my window .i asked to clean it up stunk my house out filthy disgusting dog owner.she did clean it up bit the looks i got made me shiver????

I had this problem in most places I've stayed in thailand and always resorted to ...sling shots .. bamboo canes ...stones ..... always aggression towards the offenders ....nowadays I find it easier to bribe them with a few tasty morsels .... a few left over bits of chicken or bones works wonders . Now the soi dogs I bribe with food  love me and treat me as a friend . Honestly try it !  It works a treat then it comes to the point you dont need to feed them everytime and they are still friendly.  

All mutts love grub and will guard they're source .  

Edited by Macthehat
Spelling error
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, Stevemercer said:

Some good advice here.

It mainly seems to be a confidence thing. I personally don't give a <deleted> about all these aggressive dogs. I'm not scared or impressed by all their antics. I don't get excited at them or shout at them. I just hold my ground, ignore them and keep doing my thing. 

If one did have the cheek to really go for me, well, I would take it on and teach it who is the boss. Maybe dogs can somehow sense that underlying confidence (and hidden aggression) and are wary. Anyway, so far it has never got down to physical violence and I don't expect it ever will.

You sound like the dog whisperer lol

• Like 1

Sounds like you’re going by my house. Try a spray bottle with water only might help...  the idea about the food someone posted sounds like a good idea...

We have 5 dogs in village who will bark and chase most anything.... in the morning and late afternoon I try to make sure gate is closed 

and chained.....but in-laws come in or out won’t usually close it...

today i I bought a lock and they’ll have to let me know if they want in...

at night if i ride my moto GPX 250 .. small but louder than the wife’s QBit...  the dogs chase mine.. if go on wife no problem.. it seems the dogs get agressive / more protective at night.. ...

Speaking with owners waste of time. Killing them will get you in locked up.

Didn't read all replies, but aside from making friends, if not mentioned consider downloading a frequency generator and blast them as you approach. Dogs smell fear of course and big it up with bravado if they're more than one.

Where dogs and women are concerned, be the alpha!

• 2 weeks later...

So this is Thailand and no laws apply. You have 2 choices. 

Befriendly the dogs or carry a big stick. Buy a tazer, usually the sound scares the dogs away. Talking to the owner usually never helps and whenever whatever happens to any dog after that is going to be your fault

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2020 at 4:04 PM, talahtnut said:

Walk with stout 6' bamboo walking stick

and do not look at them eye to eye..to do

that, they perceive you're challenging them.

Slow your pace to a nonchalant stroll.

Same goes for Monkeys. Don't look them in the eye and keep your mouth closed or look away so they can't see your teeth.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, fred110 said:

Try giving them some grilled chicken livers. Works for me every time. Better than beating them,

Only chicken livers? Surely Caviar would be better? 555 

Agree, don't beat dogs or any animal but they see stick as a deterrent. Often their knashing and chasing is a show. I have walked and bicycled and motorbiked enought to know but it sure scares the <deleted> out of you on the wrong end of it! I've seen quite a few soi dogs chasing cars recently. W-T-F! 

On 6/2/2020 at 8:23 PM, sead said:

So this is Thailand and no laws apply. You have 2 choices. 

Befriendly the dogs or carry a big stick. Buy a tazer, usually the sound scares the dogs away. Talking to the owner usually never helps and whenever whatever happens to any dog after that is going to be your fault

Use the tazer on the owner would be a better option. Might see you in trouble but at least he'll understand!