Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

webfact

You do not need the spokes man to tell you that. willing to bet bars, and clubs last to open, they should not allow the big clubs to open cheek to jowl in those places. I believe one of the virus hot spots was a club on thonglor

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Except that the real figures on deaths is actually double what our hapless incompetent Government claim

But the other conspiracy theorists are saying hospitals are reporting non-covid deaths to be covid deaths to increase income, meaning the deaths are lower. I'm confused - is the earth flat or not?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shot said:

Protect the vulnerable, pensioner, old, protect them, the best we can. All others, herd immunity. NOW. 

You read, that young people and sportsmen become infected too? Mostly they don´t die - but they often need treatments in hospitals. Do you think that Thailand´s hospitals can manage ten thousands of additional patients in a short time?

Do you know that lung cancer is the most often death reason in the north because the bad air? This means that many people in the north have lung problems what makes Covid-19 very dangerous for them.

How do you you want to protect the old people when young people live with their parents and grand parents in the same home, what is very common in Thailand?

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

When I go out for dinner with my wife, we can sit at the same table.

We did this in the IKEA restaurant in Mega Bangna this evening. They put big X's on the seats across from each other, so you have to sit facing diagonally. A bit silly, but not as silly as the plastic screens in nearly every other place.

To celebrate the reopening, the famous Swedish Meatball set is half off, only 60 baht! Mashed potatoes, broccoli, cranberry sauce, and 8 meatballs. Man they are good, should've got more. It's been like 10 years. Last time was back in the States.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They would have to ship all the gurls back

They are already on their way. IME young Issan girls working in bars in Pattaya always yearn to return to their village to see their families/children. However, after a week in the village they are bored to death and can't wait to get back to Pattaya. From the girls that I and my friends are currently in contact with, this certainly seems to be the case. Some have already returned, the rest will be returning within the next week or so. Like all ferangs on lockdown, they can't wait to get back to work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but several weeks ago the Government stated ALL cases of Covid would be treated free of charge, regardless of Nationality. That is probably why the idea of slapping 300 Baht on every airline ticket is raising its head to garner back funds?

I'll correct you, you're wrong. Thais only.

Fingers crossed. I am guessing late June / early July with strict measures on the number of people allowed in and possibly like has been suggested to pubs in the UK, you must book in advance and are given a time limit. 

I hope not but I expect there will be many old farang with health issues (heart, weight, blood pressure) dropping dead from unexplained causes if they think it's safe to start visiting bars. 

Young healthy people are not at much risk. 

A 60+ year old who is obese and has a heart condition is at severe risk