Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

webfact

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The daily case count they tell us or is there another daily case count 'cause 0, 2 or 3 seems pretty low to me.

I am waiting for the nine who flew in on Monday via EVA to BKK. Do they show in the figures yet?

15 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Doesn't matter what people do if Thailand doesn't open its borders. If no one has it, no one can catch it.

Hasn't been a single case in Pattaya for a month, none in hospital. It's gone.

So why were all the bars shut and the sale of alcohol banned?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

They are already on their way. IME young Issan girls working in bars in Pattaya always yearn to return to their village to see their families/children. However, after a week in the village they are bored to death and can't wait to get back to Pattaya. From the girls that I and my friends are currently in contact with, this certainly seems to be the case. Some have already returned, the rest will be returning within the next week or so. Like all ferangs on lockdown, they can't wait to get back to work.

How can they get back to work when the bulk of their work comes from tourists and the borders are still shut?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crobe said:

What is the betting that they will only allow the bars to open if they strictly use the Thai Chana application.

Personally I want to see people have to use the app and QR code for all temples, churches and mosques as these have been more cause of distributing the virus than any other type of establishment 

The area of Phuket that was constantly having cases and cross infecting was Bang Tao. This is a Muslim area with NO BARS and plenty of  small Mosques.

So I appreciate what you are saying.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Not sure if it´s possible for the old farang pensioners to get a herd immunity. I guess most of them will not survive an infection. Also many will get a financial problem if they are infected because they have no health insurance.

It's just a matter of time before the world says screw it, let them die. Morals go out the window when the stomach is growling, they are a luxury.

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

We can expect the numbers to rise again like what's happening in the UK and US etc .

Stay home, never go out again! You got a good portion of brainwash ... is this the UK or US?

Have you seen something spread here like the US or the UK?

Stay home and keep everything closed here, in Thailand ... forever ... because it's the same as in the UK & US ... no, we are in Thailand.

Just deal with the situation country by country ... and keep it real. If there is no outbreak, there is no outbreak. 

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The UK and USA have never had the situation under control, so not comparable.

Thailand has lied about the situation and had to lock EVERY border & airport for months to gain control

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

The pubs and bars are not open in th UK, or US, unless you know something different... 

Have you not seem any tv showing all the people in bars sitting and standing close to each other without masks and yes i know it would be hard to drink with a mask but these are desperate times and social distancing is an absolute must . 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Its going to be a while before US/UK get new cases down to single figures.

If the US or UK would only test less than 3,000 people per day (and avoid testing anyone remotely suspicious) their numbers would be as good as Thailand. But I digress....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

I hope not but I expect there will be many old farang with health issues (heart, weight, blood pressure) dropping dead from unexplained causes if they think it's safe to start visiting bars. 

Young healthy people are not at much risk. 

A 60+ year old who is obese and has a heart condition is at severe risk 

Obese young people are also at severe risk.

49 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Thailand has lied about the situation and had to lock EVERY border & airport for months to gain control

Which was absolutely the right thing to do. The UK still hasn't locked its borders or introduced effective quarantine measures for returnees.

1 hour ago, M71 said:

There is now such thing as Covid-19 it's just a strain of seasonal flu as shown by all of the independent doctors and virologists speaking out over the last months.

The figures point to it being even less dangerous than common flu with less deaths than a common seasonal flu around the world.

We got scammed big time on this one folks - now we need to understand what this worldwide hoax was all about - any ideas?

I'll give you a hint - the last time they pulled off something like this was in 2008 but this one is going to be the biggest heist ever sold.

You guys are hilarious! It's amazing what you come up with. Thank you and keep up with the entertainment. Meanwhile, the rest of the world will deal with a real problem...

• Like 2

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

Which was absolutely the right thing to do. The UK still hasn't locked its borders or introduced effective quarantine measures for returnees.

What's the point?

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus so locking down indefinitely waiting for a miracle is an exercise in futility

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phkauf said:

If the US or UK would only test less than 3,000 people per day (and avoid testing anyone remotely suspicious) their numbers would be as good as Thailand. But I digress....

General policy for the UK, US and Thailand is to test those entering hospital with symptoms. Same same. The US and UK have far more cases. All three countries are under reporting.

I don't know why Thailand has been less affected than other countries (although I have my suspicions) but the fact remains that they have got a grip of the pandemic far more easily than other countries.

• Confused 1

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

General policy for the UK, US and Thailand is to test those entering hospital with symptoms. Same same. The US and UK have far more cases. All three countries are under reporting.

I don't know why Thailand has been less affected than other countries (although I have my suspicions) but the fact remains that they have got a grip of the pandemic far more easily than other countries.

What on earth are you talking about?

The UK has been testing about 100k people a day for a while now

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

The area of Phuket that was constantly having cases and cross infecting was Bang Tao. This is a Muslim area with NO BARS and plenty of  small Mosques.

So I appreciate what you are saying.

Dozens of bars in Bang Tao. Huge beach and lots of hotels. No more muslim than most of the rest of Phuket.