BANGKOK
webfact

Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

If students are to return to classroom teaching on July 1st, as has been heard, then the pubs must reopen by then for our hardworking farang teachers. Not that I'd visit on a school night, of course. 😁🍻

They would have to ship all the gurls back

25 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They would have to ship all the gurls back

They are already on their way. IME young Issan girls working in bars in Pattaya always yearn to return to their village to see their families/children. However, after a week in the village they are bored to death and can't wait to get back to Pattaya. From the girls that I and my friends are currently in contact with, this certainly seems to be the case. Some have already returned, the rest will be returning within the next week or so. Like all ferangs on lockdown, they can't wait to get back to work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but several weeks ago the Government stated ALL cases of Covid would be treated free of charge, regardless of Nationality. That is probably why the idea of slapping 300 Baht on every airline ticket is raising its head to garner back funds?

I'll correct you, you're wrong. Thais only.

Fingers crossed. I am guessing late June / early July with strict measures on the number of people allowed in and possibly like has been suggested to pubs in the UK, you must book in advance and are given a time limit. 

I hope not but I expect there will be many old farang with health issues (heart, weight, blood pressure) dropping dead from unexplained causes if they think it's safe to start visiting bars. 

Young healthy people are not at much risk. 

A 60+ year old who is obese and has a heart condition is at severe risk