Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

I guess with mass transit trains/buses etc opening with people returning to work bars etc will be the next logical step if infections remain low.

While malls and department stores can maintain social distancing the issues is with bars that's impossible.

But if it works on mass transport with no ill-affects then bars & schools will be next in line.

4 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

What's the point?

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus so locking down indefinitely waiting for a miracle is an exercise in futility

UK is predicting vaccine by September. Already vaccinated 500. Large scale production in progress now. Initially enough doses to vaccinate 30 million Brits and many more in 3rd world countries. I'll be returning to the UK for my vaccination as soon as its available.

6 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

General policy for the UK, US and Thailand is to test those entering hospital with symptoms. Same same. The US and UK have far more cases. All three countries are under reporting.

I don't know why Thailand has been less affected than other countries (although I have my suspicions) but the fact remains that they have got a grip of the pandemic far more easily than other countries.

In one breath you say they are under reporting. 

In the next you state confidence. 

Are you then assuming each and every country is under reporting the the EXACT SAME DEGREE? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

UK is predicting vaccine by September. Already vaccinated 500. Large scale production in progress now. Initially enough doses to vaccinate 30 million Brits and many more in 3rd world countries. I'll be returning to the UK for my vaccination as soon as its available.

The latest from Oxford is that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting infected

However it stops you from getting severe symptoms & pneumonia.

To be fair that sounds good enough, but still a lot of testing to do and problems can occur along the way

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Like 1

Just now, Fex Bluse said:

In one breath you say they are under reporting. 

In the next you state confidence. 

Are you then assuming each and every country is under reporting the the EXACT SAME DEGREE? 

Bottom line is in Thailand very few in hospital, none in my province, and very few dead.

1 minute ago, Canuck1966 said:

The latest from Oxford is that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting infected

However it stops you from getting severe symptoms & pneumonia.

To be fair that sounds good enough, but still a lot of testing to do and problems can occur along the way

That report didn't come from the Oxford group, it came from the US and a completely unverified source. Sour grapes? Oxford University have completely debunked the report.

16 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Dozens of bars in Bang Tao. Huge beach and lots of hotels. No more muslim than most of the rest of Phuket.

I think, if you look at the details, that most of the Bang Tao cases were connected to a religious school there

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Doesn't matter what people do if Thailand doesn't open its borders. If no one has it, no one can catch it.

Hasn't been a single case in Pattaya for a month, none in hospital. It's gone.

Wait until they open the gates and see what happens

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Agree completely. Foreign tourists return and its a different ball game. I'll probably go back into self isolation!

Agree completely. Foreign tourists return and its a different ball game. I'll probably go back into self isolation!

It is no good relying on a temp check at arrival, there are no reported cases in Pattaya because nobody is being tested, i am in the sticks in Issan and nobody know's anybody who has or had but its the asymmetric souls that are the problem 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Are you not worried about the most dangerous roads in the world, terrible elf and safety, dengue fever, botulism, salmonella, e coli etc etc 

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Untrue. Anyone who rocks up at hospital with symptoms is tested. Also had a mobile testing station for weeks which was discontinued as they didn't find any positives.

Where are the bodies? Where are the overflowing hospitals?

The bodies are burnt and there would not be overflowing hospitals

The hospitals are empty in the UK too as people are petrified to go there..... for some reason 

Untrue. Anyone who rocks up at hospital with symptoms is tested. Also had a mobile testing station for weeks which was discontinued as they didn't find any positives.

Where are the bodies? Where are the overflowing hospitals?

As i posted  earlier nobody seems to know anybody who knows anybody who has had or has. The test will come in 10 days time with the malls and mass transport on the move, have we living here been spared the worst or is the worst yet to come with reopening?

2 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Are you not worried about the most dangerous roads in the world, terrible elf and safety, dengue fever, botulism, salmonella, e coli etc etc 

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm a net contributor to the dangerous roads. All my friends and family refuse to let me drive now. My wife does all the driving.

Health and safety yes. I've been trying to find  a competent electrician for a year now since my original electrician botched the rewire.

Dengue fever? I'm very lucky that mossies don't seem to like me. I never get bitten.

Botulism,salmonella and e coli? I've suffered far less from gastric infections in Thailand than I ever did in the UK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

The bodies are burnt and there would not be overflowing hospitals

5555 You cannot seriously believe that the government here could get away with cremating thousands of additional citizens without anybody getting to know about it...............

Edited by Mattd
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Not sure if it´s possible for the old farang pensioners to get a herd immunity. I guess most of them will not survive an infection. Also many will get a financial problem if they are infected because they have no health insurance.

As I understand it, any treatment for COVID-19 infection is free, the bills, even at private hospitals, being paid for by the government.  Including for farangs.  Pretty sure I read that a number of times.

13 minutes ago, sahibji said:

bars are the mainstay of tourism and it will help tourism the sooner the bars are opened.

How will it help tourism if there are no tourists allowed into the Kingdom?  

If bars open, great, yet not sure if enough patrons here in Pattaya to fill more than a handful at this time, even with stools 2 meters apart.  ????????

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

5555 You cannot seriously believe that the government here could get away with cremating thousands of additional citizens without anybody getting to know about it...............

If a person isn't tested in Thailand then they aren't tested after death

Do you not understand this basic principle?

Cause of death could easily be put down to lung infection, pneumonia etc

Thais treat this like the black plague and wouldn't want anybody to think they had it or a relative of theirs

You obviously have zero clue about Thai culture

Most people in the boonies don't even know how this virus kills them and they would definitely never question a doctor