Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

webfact

Sooner or later they have to open the bars. People make a living out of bars like Bar girls, Pub owners. Government. rock bands. Just open the damm places. You got more chance here getting hit by a bad driver than the virus

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Do you also then believe the numbers the Chinese government provides to the foreign media? 

Or, better yet, because you have not seen any person die in China, would you then assume that nobody did die? 

I'm trying to help you see the faults in your logic. 

I’m still trying to get your logic. Explain this to me please.

In my home country, every single one of the people I’m in contact with, be they friends or family, they all know someone who’s lost someone to the virus or had the virus. Here in Bangkok, I’m not aware of anyone who’s had the virus or knows anyone who’s had the virus and certainly no knowledge of anyone dying from the virus.

according to YOUR logic, what should I conclude?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

The thing that nobody seems to acknowledge, is that the old, fat Farangs haven’t stopped meeting bar girls. They just have to meet on the street, or online instead of in bars now. 
None of the old expats or working girls that I know have been sick, or know anyone who has been sick. If this virus was as contagious and deadly as they say, we should see expats and hookers dropping like flies here in Pattaya, but we don’t. 

Not even from balconies?

2 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Are you not worried about the most dangerous roads in the world, terrible elf and safety, dengue fever, botulism, salmonella, e coli etc etc 

What on earth has all that got to do with C19? Ridiculous argument

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

We can expect the numbers to rise again like what's happening in the UK and US etc .

My friends in the UK will be over the moon when I tell them that the bars are open - obviously someone forgot to tell them!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

The latest from Oxford is that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting infected

However it stops you from getting severe symptoms & pneumonia.

To be fair that sounds good enough, but still a lot of testing to do and problems can occur along the way

Most vaccines, flu especially don’t stop you getting any virus, they lessen the severity of the symptoms 

10 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

What on earth has all that got to do with C19? Ridiculous argument

No it wasn't

He says he will self isolate as soon as foreigners come back into the country

My point is that there is already plenty of danger in Thailand and you can't hide from everything

20 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Doesn't matter what people do if Thailand doesn't open its borders. If no one has it, no one can catch it.

Not ironclad, but certainly close enough to allow proprietors to open their businesses, and rehire their employees. Thailand is certainly at the point where the cure is now way out of whack with any predictable health emergency. Even a few more deaths, via a lurking virus carrier, is certainly worth the needed reopening of the economy. Yeah, we'll need the tourists to reappear -- but hopefully we'll soon have a virus check at the airport that is foolproof, and near instantaneous -- at least eliminating false negatives (let the false positives go home and replan their vacations -- we can live with that).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m following trump’s advice, I’m on hydrochloroquine, and zinc and I swig it down with a good glass of bleach, and as trump says “ I seem to be ok so far”

And the UV light in the bottom too? It might be the key to success ????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, time2093 said:

So you think the numbers will rise because the bars will be opened soon and not from the thousands of people who are packed like sardines using the overcrowded BTS and MRT trains everyday in Bangkok or JJ market on the weekends?....lets blame the bars, why not.

Yep they are lost in translation 

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I will stand corrected until I learn more, but, I do remember something several weeks ago where it was reported that in Hua Hin they were going to do Covid tests for Foreigners at about 1500 Baht a time. In that article I am sure I read that a doctor stated treatment would still be free if you were diagnosed as positive. Maybe it was all a dream......:smile:

See my post #136

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The UK and USA have never had the situation under control, so not comparable.

@FritsSikkink

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts have never had it under control.  There are more than 50% of the states that have 9 or less deaths per 100,000 people. Thailand as of yesterday is at 8 deaths per 100,000 people.  As of May 19, only Russia, Norway, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, New Zealand and Australia are reporting more test per 1,000 people than the USA. You're off base to compare the whole USA to other 'countries'.  The Governors of each state have in some cases more control over their USA state than the Presidents of some European nations and even supersede the USA President on many things.  Don't lump Montana or Hawaii in the same class as New York. 

Number of positive cases are proportionate to the number of tests conducted. Don’t test any and there wont be many positive cases.

There may be some outliers based on the density of population etc.

Thailand has tested 4099/1million, lower than Dominican Republic. Iraq, Costa Rica, Columbia and Rwanda seems to in the range of thailand in terms of number of tests per million. Number of infections in Costa Rica and Rwanda are 1/4 of thailand, while Columbia has x5 of thailand and Iraq almost same number of infections as Thailand.

There was interesting comparision between UK and Sweden in terms of lockdown vs infections. However, big variation in terms of population.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

Number of positive cases are proportionate to the number of tests conducted. Don’t test any and there wont be many positive cases.

And for many countries the number of tests is equal to the number of people turning up at hospital with symptoms. Less people with symptoms = less tests.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

A better statistic but by no means reliable is the number of people dying.

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The figure rise on Tuesday's as deaths at home are included from the weekend, then drop back down, do some research!

The death toll RISES EVERY DAY. That’s a fact. The rate of increase is slowing. Research would better be done by you. Facts!

20 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The death toll RISES EVERY DAY. That’s a fact. The rate of increase is slowing. Research would better be done by you. Facts!

It seems took my comment the wrong way, the amounts are lower on Sunday and Monday, higher on Tuesday with home/care deaths added from the weekend, then the figures settle back again after the midweek blip. Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. The trajectory is going down, same as most other European countries.