BANGKOK
webfact

Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The UK and USA have never had the situation under control, so not comparable.

Thailand has lied about the situation and had to lock EVERY border & airport for months to gain control

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

The pubs and bars are not open in th UK, or US, unless you know something different... 

Have you not seem any tv showing all the people in bars sitting and standing close to each other without masks and yes i know it would be hard to drink with a mask but these are desperate times and social distancing is an absolute must . 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Its going to be a while before US/UK get new cases down to single figures.

If the US or UK would only test less than 3,000 people per day (and avoid testing anyone remotely suspicious) their numbers would be as good as Thailand. But I digress....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

I hope not but I expect there will be many old farang with health issues (heart, weight, blood pressure) dropping dead from unexplained causes if they think it's safe to start visiting bars. 

Young healthy people are not at much risk. 

A 60+ year old who is obese and has a heart condition is at severe risk 

Obese young people are also at severe risk.

49 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Thailand has lied about the situation and had to lock EVERY border & airport for months to gain control

Which was absolutely the right thing to do. The UK still hasn't locked its borders or introduced effective quarantine measures for returnees.

2 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Obese young people are also at severe risk.

Sure. But not many in Thailand. The farang population here is old. And usually not particularly healthy 

1 hour ago, M71 said:

There is now such thing as Covid-19 it's just a strain of seasonal flu as shown by all of the independent doctors and virologists speaking out over the last months.

The figures point to it being even less dangerous than common flu with less deaths than a common seasonal flu around the world.

We got scammed big time on this one folks - now we need to understand what this worldwide hoax was all about - any ideas?

I'll give you a hint - the last time they pulled off something like this was in 2008 but this one is going to be the biggest heist ever sold.

You guys are hilarious! It's amazing what you come up with. Thank you and keep up with the entertainment. Meanwhile, the rest of the world will deal with a real problem...

• Like 2

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

Which was absolutely the right thing to do. The UK still hasn't locked its borders or introduced effective quarantine measures for returnees.

What's the point?

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus so locking down indefinitely waiting for a miracle is an exercise in futility

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fex Bluse said:

Sure. But not many in Thailand. The farang population here is old. And usually not particularly healthy 

Plenty of young chunkers here!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phkauf said:

If the US or UK would only test less than 3,000 people per day (and avoid testing anyone remotely suspicious) their numbers would be as good as Thailand. But I digress....

General policy for the UK, US and Thailand is to test those entering hospital with symptoms. Same same. The US and UK have far more cases. All three countries are under reporting.

I don't know why Thailand has been less affected than other countries (although I have my suspicions) but the fact remains that they have got a grip of the pandemic far more easily than other countries.

• Confused 1

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

General policy for the UK, US and Thailand is to test those entering hospital with symptoms. Same same. The US and UK have far more cases. All three countries are under reporting.

I don't know why Thailand has been less affected than other countries (although I have my suspicions) but the fact remains that they have got a grip of the pandemic far more easily than other countries.

What on earth are you talking about?

The UK has been testing about 100k people a day for a while now

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

The area of Phuket that was constantly having cases and cross infecting was Bang Tao. This is a Muslim area with NO BARS and plenty of  small Mosques.

So I appreciate what you are saying.

Dozens of bars in Bang Tao. Huge beach and lots of hotels. No more muslim than most of the rest of Phuket.