Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

webfact

2 minutes ago, John CS said:

The idea that anything actually controls the virus is a myth, as is social distancing or the lockdown scenarios, the Sweden example/response demonstrates this, its a new respiratory virus of unknown origin. There are claims it has been isolated. The knowledge we do know of it is that various Govts and private concerns have been working on the Corona Virus at least since 2010, in Bio Labs ( SL4) around the world.

So being a Virus it will work its way through its host population and die out, our natural  Immune systems defeat it, but it is NEVER controlled, something the authorities should have been truthful about from the start before deciding to project FEAR and destroy , world economies. It seems Thailand has come out of this virus well, possibly due to its climate.

I guess many authorities wanted some kind of 'New Normal' what ever that means?

Hope this is meaningful

No, not really. Sweden has had a much worse outcome than its Scandinavian neighbours. Bad example.

The UK has a vaccine and has already administered it to a half of a trial group of a thousand people. UK health minister announced yesterday that a batch of 60 million doses is already in production , 30 million earmarked for UK citizens and the rest to be distributed to third world countries. Earliest date, September.

Thailand is now free of Covid-19 in the general population, one new case today, a Thai citizen in quarantine, having recently returned from Bahrain.

We know the origin, bats in Wuhan. We have isolated it, China sent the complete genome to the US and every other country that requested it in mid January.

Don't be such a pessimist. Just sit back and relax, we've got this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m still trying to get your logic. Explain this to me please.

In my home country, every single one of the people I’m in contact with, be they friends or family, they all know someone who’s lost someone to the virus or had the virus. Here in Bangkok, I’m not aware of anyone who’s had the virus or knows anyone who’s had the virus and certainly no knowledge of anyone dying from the virus.

according to YOUR logic, what should I conclude?

Do you think you are as close to Thais as you are to people in your home country? 

Are you able to communicate with Thais as fluently as you can with people in your home country? 

Finally, I know almost nobody in Thailand who farms, but I know so many in my home country who farm. Is this a likely indication that there are very few farmers in Thailand?

On 5/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, ChipButty said:

Keep them shut, it's saving me a fortune

amen hahaha. Ain't it the truth? I've probably saved $1000 US in the last 2 months between cancelling holiday to Laos to what I'm not spending in Nana etc. ON the other hand, I've been giving more to the street beggars. 

1 hour ago, Ketyo said:

Single digits. So what's the point of the curfew. Thailand is getting more like China every day. Scared authoritarian leaders.

Exactly my thoughts. As in China, the leadership here is terrified that the people will start to voice their opinions and protest their mismanagement. But keeping a curfew and strict rules on gatherings will enable them to squash any groups. This is just a continuation of the onerous Sec. 44 rules and Prayut will not ease up control. 

The students were making a lot of noise in February and that scared them. Now that millions of people are jobless, hungry and without hope for the future the voices of protest will be much greater. The government knows this and wants to keep it under control as much as they can. 

When one compresses a spring, the release will be more powerful. I am fearful for when that happens. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I didn’t need an explanation, I read, I listen, I watch. Everything I read, listen to and watch maintains that the true death toll is considerably higher than reported by the UK government . I AM quoting facts. If you want those facts backed up then I suggest you watch listen and read, but not the Mail, The Sun or the Express.

There are no facts that it could be higher, it could be lower seeing as large amount of the care home and home deaths were suspected cases. Also there are excess deaths caused by the lockdown with people not getting emergency medical treatment. I'm sure in a few years the true death toll will emerge and by then no one will a sh*t!

I can't reply anymore, I'm off to drink in a park with a friend 555

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:56 PM, darksidedog said:
On 5/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, webfact said:

in the coming weeks

As opposed to  the coming days which such a headline tended to suggest.

The headline just says...

No suggestion there of the coming days.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

Just now, Keyser Soze666 said:

What's all this about people enjoying themselves? Keep them closed I say. I never realised sitting in with the wife 7 nights a week sipping coco could be so much fun.

Sipping cocoa? Trust me, there's going to be the biggest baby boom in history in 9 months time.

3 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Sipping cocoa? Trust me, there's going to be the biggest baby boom in history in 9 months time.

More like divorces. Or do you actually like your wife?

My wife said to me today 'why don't you ever listen to me' which I thought was a strange way to start a conversation.

Edited by Keyser Soze666

On 5/19/2020 at 5:03 PM, crobe said:

What is the betting that they will only allow the bars to open if they strictly use the Thai Chana application.

They don't insist on that for other businesses so why do you think they'd insist on it for bars?

On 5/19/2020 at 5:05 PM, Oldie said:

These people have masks and normally don't go for shorttime or similar exercises. If they open the nightlife then the fight against Corona is over. 

Bars aren't all about "shorttime or similar exercises" [sic].

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

More like divorces. Or do you actually like your wife?

My wife said to me today 'why don't you ever listen to me' which I thought was a strange way to start a conversation.

I hope you didn't answer her. 555

8 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The headline just says...

No suggestion there of the coming days.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/15/thai-culture-minister-and-former-pattaya-mayor-speaks-on-future-potential-re-opening-of-entertainment-venues-massage-shops-bars-etc/

"Mr. Ittipol said that if the number of Covid-19 Coronavirus cases do not increase drastically in the country and that businesses allowed to open are seen following the safety and hygiene standards set then Phase Three would likely begin on or around June 1st.

Mr. Ittipol said Phase Three planning will be done over the next several weeks, is highly likely to include entertainment and bars"

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Just put 300 baht on every entry, regardless of land or air, and put it into the national-health.  From the calcs I saw, the last time the "uninsured foreigner" bit was in the news, even 100 baht per-each by air would generate a massive profit over the total-cost of uninsured foreigners. 

A 300 Baht fee would generate enough to include more "excluded conditions" into the 30-baht scheme - cancer, diabetes, etc.   That could be very beneficial to many poorer Thais.

It's going to be very difficult getting tourists back without slapping taxes on them,poorer thais? This depression has only just started in the west.

13 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/15/thai-culture-minister-and-former-pattaya-mayor-speaks-on-future-potential-re-opening-of-entertainment-venues-massage-shops-bars-etc/

"Mr. Ittipol said that if the number of Covid-19 Coronavirus cases do not increase drastically in the country and that businesses allowed to open are seen following the safety and hygiene standards set then Phase Three would likely begin on or around June 1st.

Mr. Ittipol said Phase Three planning will be done over the next several weeks, is highly likely to include entertainment and bars"

Thai bars generally set very high standards of hygiene,piping hot water and an ample supply of toilette requisites are available in every bar.

7 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Thai bars generally set very high standards of hygiene,piping hot water and an ample supply of toilette requisites are available in every bar.

I assume you couldn't find the sarcasm emoji?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

They don't insist on that for other businesses so why do you think they'd insist on it for bars?

They started off saying it was only for shopping malls to limit the number of people inside, but government representatives have been telling more businesses that they have to use it - shops outside malls, supermarkets outside of malls and restaurants - I was in a restaurant on Monday which seats 20 people and they were saying they had been told to use it.

So if small restaurants have to do it, what is the betting they will also say it is necessary for bars - the same logic applies.

While people are allowed to sign in with D. Duck or Michel Souris then it will defy the objective and you can be sure that establishments will be threatened with closure if they do not make everyone comply (if you sign in rather than with the app you have to show ID).

Use the app or don;t go to the bar - there is the dilemma

4 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m still trying to get your logic. Explain this to me please.

In my home country, every single one of the people I’m in contact with, be they friends or family, they all know someone who’s lost someone to the virus or had the virus. Here in Bangkok, I’m not aware of anyone who’s had the virus or knows anyone who’s had the virus and certainly no knowledge of anyone dying from the virus.

according to YOUR logic, what should I conclude?

No one talks to you in bangkok?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Although at the current time I believe that bars and entertainment are listed under phase 4 - but they can change this

1 minute ago, crobe said:

They started off saying it was only for shopping malls to limit the number of people inside, but government representatives have been telling more businesses that they have to use it - shops outside malls, supermarkets outside of malls and restaurants

Aren't you confusing the App and the QR code system?

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Aren't you confusing the App and the QR code system?

Actually no. It confused me at first.

The small restaurant in Bangkok asked first for the Thai Chana app, and if you did not have it they also had the QR code to use for signing and you can do that with Line.

8 minutes ago, crobe said:

Actually no. It confused me at first.

The small restaurant in Bangkok asked first for the Thai Chana app, and if you did not have it they also had the QR code to use for signing and you can do that with Line.

There is no Thai Chana app, at least as of now in Playstore. And you can scan the QR code with any app. It opens a link to the Thai Chana website  where you tap the green button for confirmation.

I'm all for it, but i think it's kind of funny.
Everywhere hand gels, mouth caps, temperature guns and social distancing.
In the bars: well... you know... ????

And this after all those "walk on the beach arrests of irresponsible farangs" ????

Edited by freestyle1
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, time2093 said:

So you think the numbers will rise because the bars will be opened soon and not from the thousands of people who are packed like sardines using the overcrowded BTS and MRT trains everyday in Bangkok or JJ market on the weekends?....lets blame the bars, why not.

It will continue to rise because of too many idiots in the US. They have already opened up and now many states especially Florida and trying to hide the increased numbers. One Florida scientist has been fired for refusing to censor the Covid-19 data to support the Republican governor's reckless plans to reopen amidst a raging pandemic.

12 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I tend to drink in bars on the Darkside, Pattaya. A large majority of customers, particularly in the summer months, are expats.

Were not talking dark side, yes it has more of an expat base, but not a large amount of bars, tourists don't go to the dark side. 

Were talking walking street et can etc etc. Pattaya in general.

im sure the buses and such aren't full of gals, people going to the dark side. The dark side? Really? Who gives a flying about the dark side?

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Were not talking dark side, yes it has more of an expat base, but not a large amount of bars, tourists don't go to the dark side. 

Were talking walking street et can etc etc. Pattaya in general.

im sure the buses and such aren't full of gals, people going to the dark side. The dark side? Really? Who gives a flying about the dark side?

Who says we're not talking about the Darkside? You? 555. People who live on the darkside tend not to visit Central Pattaya much, just a tourist trap. Much better night out to be had here.......if you know where to go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Why Me said:

There is no Thai Chana app, at least as of now in Playstore. And you can scan the QR code with any app. It opens a link to the Thai Chana website  where you tap the green button for confirmation.

The app is called MorChana on the play store

But it is only in Thai at the moment

1 hour ago, crobe said:

The app is called MorChana on the play store

But it is only in Thai at the moment

I looked at MorChana (= Doctor Wins in Thai) a couple of days ago. It doesn't seem to be a contact tracing app. More a med assistance app in case you have symptoms.