BANGKOK
webfact

Bars allowed to open sooner if case count stays low

17 minutes ago, Almer said:

It is no good relying on a temp check at arrival, there are no reported cases in Pattaya because nobody is being tested, i am in the sticks in Issan and nobody know's anybody who has or had but its the asymmetric souls that are the problem 

I've just checked in the mirror and I have to say I AM looking a bit asymmetric (I've got a face on only one side of me head for g*dssake), but my soul is looking very rounded😷

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

The bodies are burnt and there would not be overflowing hospitals

The hospitals are empty in the UK too as people are petrified to go there..... for some reason 

The hospital my daughter works in, in the UK, is very busy, too busy.

The bodies are burnt at the temple. The whole process takes about 5 days. Seen any queues outside the temples?

Also, anecdotally, I know of no one in Thailand that is or has been confirmed with Covid-19. Conversely, 2 friends who used to go into my local bar in the UK have died from Covid-19.

19 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The numbers are not rising in the UK and pubs/bars are not open.

Oh ok, so another 400+ dead people in the UK yesterday, that’s not a rise in the number of deaths? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Bottom line is in Thailand very few in hospital, none in my province, and very few dead.

Do you also then believe the numbers the Chinese government provides to the foreign media? 

Or, better yet, because you have not seen any person die in China, would you then assume that nobody did die? 

I'm trying to help you see the faults in your logic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainCarrot said:

I've just checked in the mirror and I have to say I AM looking a bit asymmetric (I've got a face on only one side of me head for g*dssake), but my soul is looking very rounded😷

Auto spelling a wonderful thingy. 555

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The hospital my daughter works in, in the UK, is very busy, too busy.

The bodies are burnt at the temple. The whole process takes about 5 days. Seen any queues outside the temples?

Also, anecdotally, I know of no one in Thailand that is or has been confirmed with Covid-19. Conversely, 2 friends who used to go into my local bar in the UK have died from Covid-19.

I know of more than 40 people that have died from pneumonia in Thailand in the last few months, that's at one hospital

Wonder how many died from Chinese Flu?

Why would there be queues at a temple?

This is a large country with lots of temples/incinerators and some funerals can take a day, especially if money is tight

Go-Go bars will have walls of clear plastic surrounding the dance stage. Servers with masks and gloves. Customers six feet apart. You can buy a ladydrink but your lady must also keep her distance. Bar fines allowed but you must sign out together and register with your app at a nearby hotel that records your "in and out" times.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The numbers are not rising in the UK and pubs/bars are not open.

they are in France and Germany.  Sporadic outbreaks again.

I guess the bar owners will have to cough up some more dough. Open the fricking bars. It isn't going to be any worse than the pork counter at Macro. 

• Like 1

Without tourists the majority of bars will not be able to remain open.  Most are not paying rent at the moment.  If the bars are empty and they have to go back to paying exorbitant rents they won't last long.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I know of more than 40 people that have died from pneumonia in Thailand in the last few months, that's at one hospital

Wonder how many died from Chinese Flu?

Why would there be queues at a temple?

This is a large country with lots of temples/incinerators and some funerals can take a day, especially if money is tight

But if most of those 40 pneumonia patients had really died from Covid, then they would have infected their relatives, some of whom would have been sick enough to have needed hospitalisation, which should now start to show up in the virus numbers...it very soon becomes difficult to hide

If you happen to see the Korean guy, that infected dozens of people, enter your favorite gay bar, leave in a hurry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I'm not sure that is correct actually.  I also read that it includes farangs.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2020/03/20/finance-ministry-says-covid-19-treatment-for-foreigners-is-free/

“Thais and foreigners, including expatriates, who are covered by Thailand’s welfare scheme, can claim medical expenses for the amount that exceeds the limit of the welfare scheme,” 

very few expats are covered by Thailand's welfare scheme.