Signing your name and telephone number in Tesco

AndyAndyAndy

I saw some papers on table while entering Tesco. Of course I ignored it. But later I was told people are signing their names/telephones numbers upon entering Tesco's. And then sign out upon leaving. It's like 2 days old change.

What is it all about?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It's all about this.

The sheets are there for those who, for various reasons have not registered for the ThaiChana platform. We falangs have the reasonable excuse that it's not available in English yet, but it will be coming soon.

What is ThaiChana platform? 

Had to do the same in big C yesterday but the Thai family did theres by way of a mobile phone ,nobody could explain what it was for the girl just said no sign no come in to shop I could of signed in as Donald Trump they wouldn’t have know any better as they didn’t ask for ID or passport. Nobody told me to come back and sign out so they must think I’m still in the store maybe the government need to do a big advertising campaign to inform all its citizens and tourists 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Haha 1

I was yesterday in Central Festival Pattaya. The whole procedure is pretty useless. The names on the lists are often hard to read and often the phone number is missing. Some shops didn't care at all anymore. And name and phone number - you can write what you want. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

I was yesterday in Central Festival Pattaya. The whole procedure is pretty useless. The names on the lists are often hard to read and often the phone number is missing. Some shops didn't care at all anymore. And name and phone number - you can write what you want. 

I went yesterday as well, but had to do the qr code check-in on phone. there wasnt ant writing on a list, That was entry from the car park

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

yes ....  it seems a pretty fruitless exercise, even if it's a case of ' being seen to be doing something '  it still doesn't add up as what purpose does the book serve.

• Like 2

Had this yesterday at Lotus in Satahip, name, phone number and time in, in a book at the 'in' door then sign out when you leave, different entrances in only and out only. Only went in to grab a pizza but Pizza Hut closed. KFC closed so drove to Burger King on highway 36 they are open and have a QR code at the door the the wife scanned it, they did not ask me  to do it.

6 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

A more important question would be, why is there a need to "protect" the 99.7% who will survive even if they do get the virus? With such an extremely high survival rate, I am a bit confused as to why the high-risk groups (0.3 % of the population) is not the target of safety and protection. Another question would be why hydroxychloroquine was removed almost immediately from pharmacies?  It is not dangerous and if it's so effective that it warrants removal from over-the-counter sales, who advised the Thai government to do so? Destroying an economy is a strange way to protect the tiny percentage of "at risk" human beings. IMO

Because each person unknowingly with symptoms or without can infect dozens more and those dozens can infect hundreds more and depending on how many of those potential infectees are in at risk populations...the death rate could be substantially higher.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dsj said:

I was in Home Pro yesterday and I had to scan the QR Code on my phone, and it asks me a phone # so I put any # in and then I was good to go. When I left I had to scan out. So if you don't want to be traced just put in a phony # instead of yours.

I used the sign in method and today I was Boris Johnson 

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

I used the sign in method and today I was Boris Johnson 

You've just caused all shoppers there at the same time to sell pound sterling and buy baht for the next 14 days

• Haha 2