Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

UK announces new post-Brexit global tariff regime

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, bannork said:

The Bank of England said the economy could sink by 14% this year. The biggest decline since 1706.

GDP could fall by 25% in the3 months to the end of June.

Now the UK government is selling bonds with a negative yield.. Official interest rates could go negative.

Read all about it.

Britain is in a tight spot of its own making...dumb and dumber.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/22/economy/uk-economy-coronavirus-brexit/

 

 

 

 

The whole world's going to be in recession,why the obsession with England and brexit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bannork said:

Sorry to disappoint you but every time some Brexiteer claims Brexit was the will of the people I will remind them that only a minority of the voters voted for Brexit. 

Sorry to disappoint you,but it was a majority of punters who could be arsed to vote voted to leave,you,'ve been told time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sungod said:

I have asked you repeatedly to answer a question based on your own argument. You have continually avoided the question.

 

It says a lot about a person that when they cannot even stand by their own argument, and as such I will no longer be replying to you after this post, you no longer have any credibility.

Oh well, I'm devastated. I thought this was the full half hour argument, not the 5 minute one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kingdong said:

The whole world's going to be in recession,why the obsession with England and brexit?

ฺฺฺBecause the rest of the world is not dumb enough to leave the world's largest trading bloc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Sorry to disappoint you,but it was a majority of punters who could be arsed to vote voted to leave,you,'ve been told time and time again.

But it was a minority of the electorate. It was only the will of 37% of the adult population.

You've been told this time and again.

'Kingdong', that's a name that requires some living up to, especially in Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bannork said:

ฺฺฺBecause the rest of the world is not dumb enough to leave the world's largest trading bloc.

The rest of the world were in the eu? Get real,all Britain's problems are going to fade into insignificance compared to the eus,least we,'ll be out and not hamstrung by them,that 37 million pounds we,'re saving must be a godsend to the nhs.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bannork said:

 

'Kingdong', that's a name that requires some living up to, especially in Pattaya.

Many apply,few are chosen.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

The rest of the world were in the eu? Get real,all Britain's problems are going to fade into insignificance compared to the eus,least we,'ll be out and not hamstrung by them,that 37 million pounds we,'re saving must be a godsend to the nhs.

As I said before, time will tell. But to be reeling from Covid, and then go for a no deal Brexit with the world's largest trading bloc, and one that is on your doorstep, does sound a little masochistic, no?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bannork said:

As I said before, time will tell. But to be reeling from Covid, and then go for a no deal Brexit with the world's largest trading bloc, and one that is on your doorstep, does sound a little masochistic, no?

 

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

As I said before, time will tell. But to be reeling from Covid, and then go for a no deal Brexit with the world's largest trading bloc, and one that is on your doorstep, does sound a little masochistic, no?

You said it all in trading bloc,the eu didn,t exist 40 odd years ago it was  the common market a trade agreement between the big economies of Europe it then morphed into a European super state with Britain being effectively ruled by Brussels and that drunkard barnier,if it has stayed a common market we,d still be in it.anyway we,'re out now thanks to Nigel farage and Cameron's scorn and contempt for the electorate.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, all you doubting thomas <deleted> - it turns out Brexit was worth it after all. Read this and weep (with sardonic laughter):

 

Mirrors and garden shears prices set to fall in Brexit tariff plan

"Baking powder, garden shears and mirrors are among the items set to get cheaper from 1 January under new tariff plans announced by the government."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

OK, all you doubting thomas <deleted> - it turns out Brexit was worth it after all. Read this and weep (with sardonic laughter):

 

Mirrors and garden shears prices set to fall in Brexit tariff plan

"Baking powder, garden shears and mirrors are among the items set to get cheaper from 1 January under new tariff plans announced by the government."

It’s all good then. Those, and a multitude of other unnamed products, can now be cheaper in the UK. Why on earth should we have been paying over the odds for 40+ years if the EU is such a great trading bloc? They couldn’t even get us the best deals out there!!

We were supporting the EU protectionist racket, using our consumers to subsidise their own peasant economy states.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bannork said:

ฺฺฺBecause the rest of the world is not dumb enough to leave the world's largest trading bloc.

But it's not just a trading bloc is it. Do you honestly think countries like the USA, Japan, or even little Singapore would choose to be in the EU with all it's rules and conditions? No they wouldn't. 

Two of Europe's strongest per capita economies Switzerland and Norway, they didn't want to be in the EU. Ever wonder why that is? 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

 

Of course, if we ban EU boats from our waters, they will ban our boats from theirs.

 

We export a large amount of fish, for example most shellfish caught by British boats in British waters is exported to the EU. What will happen to the communities who rely on these exports if there is no deal or if we apply prohibitive tariffs to EU imports and the EU retaliate by doing the same to us?

 

No problem with banning our boats from EU waters. There are precious few left of them now. When the full quota in UK waters is kept solely for UK boats they will all be more than busy enough. 

If the EU consumers reduce their consumption due to their own shellfish tariffs, there will be a surplus available for the UK markets. It’s about time fish and shellfish were reduced in price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...