BANGKOK
snoop1130

UK announces new post-Brexit global tariff regime

11 hours ago, samran said:

As good as the medical advice you’ve been given lately?

In combination which such responsive and decisive leadership that has been shown lately,  I’d say God help you!

I’d say he probably will do.

In fact he already has. He answered my prayers for Brexit anyway. 

11 hours ago, samran said:

I was replying to a factually incorrect post - most of his are - that Australia has high tariffs and no free movement. 

The Australian immigration system has seen a net annual rise per year of new migrants. The same will happen in the UK given the demographic challenges of an aging population. 

More to your point, these blokes hate immigration full stop. Australian system or not. Give it five years and they’ll be whinging still about Johnny Foreigner. It’s in their DNA. 

Incorrectly replying to not, in fact, what I said. There are heaps of Australian tariffs - go count them. The Trans-Tasman agreement with tiny NZ doesn’t constitute free movement, and it’s subject to various visa restrictions. Tell me about the offshore IDCs and reopenings. 

What about your Thailand too - forgotten to dodge answering those tariffs and immigration restrictions? 

Yes, we all continue to have the problems brought by Johnny Foreigner. They tend to increase with the numbers of them and time they been around. They just won’t go away. 

...Britain is seeking free trade agreements with countries around the world and aims to have deals in place covering 80% of British trade by 2022...

Aiming for unicorns.

• Like 2

So Boris's government is importing Romanian fruit pickers by the planeload ( whilst giving millions of Brits 80% of salary on furloughing for a nice holdiay / DIY at home and  giving a Rolls Royce welcome to dinghies full of asylum seekers crossing the Chanel. Corbyn couldn't have done it better. I'm in. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes I can see that hatred of immigrants, sovereignty, fear (Take back control), etc, makes a heady mix for the mass of Alf Garnetts, and Garnetesses, who were conned into voting to destroy the economy of their own country. 

However what IMHO it is really all about is tax avoidance for the rich. The Murdochs and Rothermeres of this world, ensured that their papers put up a huge, and utterly dishonest fight to protect their interests. 

How can a Brexiteer ever admit he was conned, just too much loss of face, a concept well understood in these parts.

Been conned ? Time will tell

Edited by kingdong

barnier is doing desperate deals with the out of office opposition party twerps ..he doesnt seem to know UK has already  left   and acknowedge democracy has been done and dusted

fishing industry alone is worth a large amount to the UK.instead of bulgarian factory ships nicking the lot and UK fishermen  get diddlysquat  cos fish stocks have been looted by the EU boats

• Like 1

13 hours ago, samran said:

Oh deary - comprehension must be an issue for you.

Ive already stated a number of times that Thailand’s tariff system isn’t great. You drag in immigration as well. Yep, it’s not fit for purpose. 

But here is the difference between you and I. Just because I have citizenship here doesn’t mean I subscribe to the ‘my country right or wrong’ school of thought, unlike the brexiters around here who take any criticism on Uk policy as a personal affront. 

Over the years I’ve presented or talked about problems with the system and outlined potential reforms to immigration rules to Deputy PMs, National security agencies, the military, heads of immigration and the head of the BOI - to modernize the system, and yes, even put proposals to let old crusties like yourself have an easier time and less paperwork. 

We’ve had some small victories, but not too many. Perhaps they read Thai Visa too and decide against it! I don’t blame them sometimes.

As for your Australia NZ misinformation, you are clutching at straws. 

The unrecognised acceptance of your intellect,compassion and modesty is a travesty.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingdong said:

The unrecognised acceptance of your intellect,compassion and modesty is a travesty.

A huge travesty...

Fortunately I’m also incredibly good looking, which tends to make up for it. You can’t win them all.

Swings and roundabouts as they say. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1