Phuket beaches open now?

ChasingTheSun

On 5/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, beechbum said:

Should be a lot less this year if there's FA Chinese here.

Football Association Chinese?

Fat Arsed Chinese?

Ah, sorry, got it now. :whistling:

Defo a power thing where Thailand is concerned, unless of course that lot know something we don't.

20 minutes ago, Fling said:

If I were you I’d go look for myself because if you read what they say on here they have you believing that everything is closed and it’s not. My area is a great example because very little has closed contrary to what they report on here. I believe very little of what I read online especially after COVID 19! 

Hmmm.....i don't believe you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fling said:

If I were you I’d go look for myself because if you read what they say on here they have you believing that everything is closed and it’s not. My area is a great example because very little has closed contrary to what they report on here. I believe very little of what I read online especially after COVID 19! 

Straight from an honest news feed expat in Phuket:

Surin and Bang Tao beaches still closed - I personally went and checked at 8 a.m. this morning.

Barriers still in place as before forbidding under penalty of heavy fines or jail for passing through any barrier and venturing onto the beach.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:30 AM, madmitch said:

Theyll open just in time for the drowning season

Quite correct, I would bet that Karon Beach has taken out many more people than Covid for sure ! Never seen a rip quite like it, and was told by a local that daily losses are common in the Rainy Season ????

On another hydrological note:

our condo pool is now open (Tuesday) has an order - governor generated, that we are allowed access for a maximum of 1 hour a day as a  single person or cohabiting pairs at separate times to our condo private pool each day.

We are required to sign, date, and allocated time of usage of the pool on a forma.

We were all told that government officials will check these forms periodically to make sure residents comply.

• Haha 2

Phuket beaches are all closed. Why?

Who knows. During low season, hardly anyone at the beach anyway. Easy social distancing with zero tourists.

Rumor that they will be opened by the end of this month. I hope so. 

4 hours ago, Fling said:

Kata beach is closed at 08.00 this morning. I looked.

Whoever keeps asking? They are closed! Period When they do open there will be an announcement to that effect Otherwise just wait. But BTW surf is very rough and I wouldn't recommend going in the sea WHEN they do open unless you are a very proficient swimmer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fling said:

Have checked almost daily for a while now, they are closed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

On another hydrological note:

our condo pool is now open (Tuesday) has an order - governor generated, that we are allowed access for a maximum of 1 hour a day as a  single person or cohabiting pairs at separate times to our condo private pool each day.

We are required to sign, date, and allocated time of usage of the pool on a forma.

We were all told that government officials will check these forms periodically to make sure residents comply.

My condo in bkk has the same 1 hour limit but no sign in is required.

gym is also open with 2 hour limit. Hand over room key when you go in and pick it up when you leave.

Now anyone who thinks closed space gyms are safer environment for not catching this nasty virus than beaches need their head examined...

But they are all opened everywhere, not just in condos but private ones,  that alone shows they have no clue ...! 

Then again the beaches are "free" to use - that word does not go well with Thai psychi...????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

Then again the beaches are "free" to use - that word does not go well with Thai psychi...????

There's your answer! ^       No money to be made opening beaches.    now malls?   No problem   -  open em up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

My favourite beach which had a few pigs roaming the waste ground behind(Catch beach club area) has now turned into a slum. hundreds upon hundreds of pigs now roam! what a disgrace to let this happen. 

Are you talking about ugly women, or the bacon-on-legs variety?

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Are you talking about ugly women, or the bacon-on-legs variety?

I'm sure there are a few ugly women that roam but in this case it's the Bacon kind, not up on my Pig variety, these Pigs are Boar like.

Edited by Badrabbit