Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

webfact

Told you boys, we're not wanted......  You've got to laugh though at the latest coming out of Anutins Ministry of Stupidity and downright craziness........"The sector needs help from the government."  Personally i'd say it's the last thing Thailand needs is help from its government, what it really needs is the government taking out into the Gulf of Thailand and set free to play with the fishes....... I've got an idea, let's have connect four world championships and bingo on an evening......... That should pull em in from all over the world........  ( I'm joking by the way )........  La la Land where insanity is government policy.......  

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

good

then why are you still concerned about the future of the city?

It should be like put some salt on your wound every time you think about it

maybe it's time for you to definitively forget this sin hole

Still have ties there, simple as that. According to you I have nothing to forget cause there is no sex trade there... ????????????

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would not be surprised if some Walking Street gogo's are bought by the Chinese for cheap and turned into Chinese karaoke bars.  So, part of the night tour is a walk up and down Walking Street, and then drinking and singing, Chinese style, in a Chinese owned bar.   

True.  If Chinese owned, the guy with the flag would guide them in to spend money there.  For Thai-owned small businesses, the tour-groups just walk by and gawk - packing the sidewalks, and driving away their customers.  Well, the ones immigration has not already forced to move to Vietnam by denying-entry to Thailand on false-grounds.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

indeed, horrible if i would lose my freedom and rights to live in a healthy society. 

restricting individual behaviour that endangers other peoples lives and so infringes on their freedom, rightly should not be allowed.

Just like people dont have "the freedom to be drunk and drive a car" people also dont have the right to unnecesarely risk spreading a very contagious and possible legal disease.

That is false-logic.  No one is preventing those who are concerned about the virus from social-distancing, or even locking themselves indoors.

If worried, the best course of self-interested action would be to stay home, and encourage as many others NOT to stay home, so herd-immunity will be reached more quickly, and it will be safe for you and/or people who are sick or elderly to go out again ASAP. 

This virus is not a significant risk to the young and healthy - more likely to die of drowning.  The sooner they are all immune, the better for the small percentage of the population who are at risk.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

True.  If Chinese owned, the guy with the flag would guide them in to spend money there.  For Thai-owned small businesses, the tour-groups just walk by and gawk - packing the sidewalks, and driving away their customers.  Well, the ones immigration has not already forced to move to Vietnam by denying-entry to Thailand on false-grounds.  

They're doing what they did in HK after the handover, Lan Kwai Fong used to be packed out with western bars and westerners, then soon as the handover was over the Chinese bought the lot and turned it into the street of misery, exactly what this lot are doing to Thailand right now....... I knew it was all over when little signs appeared on the doors...... "Chinese only"   Same in Thaniya plaza...... "Japanese only"...... next it'll be "No Farangs" on the doors here.......  Personally i can't wait to watch this lot disappear under the waves....... waves of Chinese that is....... 

• Like 1

You can still call it nonsense, but all the people here with some knowledge of the reality

can confirm his post is the exact reality and cover at least 90% of the prostitutes in Pattaya

'' As for "the exploitation of young women just because they were born with limited opportunity", it is what I also thought so, like most kindhearted Farangs, till well informed, bonafide, Thais have somewhat made me adapt my perception: many "girls" are for various reasons (another time, OK?) pushed into prostitution by their own parents/family (this being "hidden" from the community) and, also, some girls do freely choose for it because they(!) consider it as an easy way of (vane) life. Do you think many of the "girls" in bars, karaokes and happy-end massage parlours would like to have a real job, work hard 8 to 10 hours, 6 to 7 days a week for 400 Baht or so per day? Well, I personally doubt most Thais think so...''

The money feeding the criminal element involved in the sex trade are responsible for human trafficking and the exploitation of children, do you have a nice long post to justify that? Or will these people with "knowledge of the reality" have a justification of that? There are probably women who chose the life thinking it is easy money, so what is the vetting process when you hire a lady to ensure you use a woman like that? I think you need a reality check. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

That is false-logic.  No one is preventing those who are concerned about the virus from social-distancing, or even locking themselves indoors.

If worried, the best course of self-interested action would be to stay home, and encourage as many others NOT to stay home, so herd-immunity will be reached more quickly, and it will be safe for you and/or people who are sick or elderly to go out again ASAP. 

This virus is not a significant risk to the young and healthy - more likely to die of drowning.  The sooner they are all immune, the better for the small percentage of the population who are at risk.

Sensible logic in this. Funny that when one of the British scientists suggested that herd immunity was the only way forward he was shot down in flames. Now we are months down the road and the likelihood is that countless millions have been or are infected the topic of herd immunity is being discussed again. 

Anyway, we can all only hope this blows over soon, the world cannot survive much longer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Still have ties there, simple as that. According to you I have nothing to forget cause there is no sex trade there... ????????????

You are still mixing in your posts illegal sex trade and sex trade

of course there is a sex trade in Pattaya, it's the main activity in

the city development and it's why Pattaya is know all over the world

but the illegal sex trade in Pattaya is marginal, and usualy drived by thais

people and for thai customers, and it's a thai problem and AFAIK there is

a thai police in charge of this, but feel free to inform the police with proofs if you are aware

of theses activities, and be sure i did it also if i know some traffics or child abuse.

The sex trade in Pattaya is a market where consenting adults exchange sex for money

i don't see where is the problem, nobody is forced to do something he doesnt want to do here

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Goodness what a long post in essence saying nothing. If you are not aware of the nature of prostitution and the terrible things that come with it I suggest you spend more of your time researching it rather then writing a post like this to me. Your Thai friends telling you it is harmless is utter nonsense, look it up!

Let's stop indeed, this was a long post indeed, but check yours also about content for some, and where did I write anything about prostitution would be harmless, and/or my Thai friends thinking so? Pure nonsense, it is indeed, on your side. Willfully distorting what someone writes the way you do cannot be called "an opinion", but other names, all of insulting... Bye

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you have never had a discussion whith these ''poor young women''

let me inform you that you have no any clue about what you are talking about here

100% no clue whatsoever....... Those little angels have got more savvy than all the Tin pot Generals put together and could run this place on half charge......  Historically there's been brasses working here and running the place since Marco Polo turned up and said right lads that's enough, back on the boat....... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Let's stop indeed, this was a long post indeed, but check yours also about content for some, and where did I write anything about prostitution would be harmless, and/or my Thai friends thinking so? Pure nonsense, it is indeed, on your side. Willfully distorting what someone writes the way you do cannot be called "an opinion", but other names, all of insulting... Bye

Read your own posts, if I insulted you for defending prostitution then happy to be told so, goodbye..

7 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

The money feeding the criminal element involved in the sex trade are responsible for human trafficking and the exploitation of children, do you have a nice long post to justify that?

Still you don't have any proof of that

your only link about an ''illegal sex traffic'' in Pattaya

was a dodgy link to a falsified and tout article in the Sun

it's not serious at all

the police here in Pattaya does a much better job with raids and arrests

on venues where underage prostitutes are involved.

Most of the time it's a small karaoke in the city vicinity

with a thai boss and thai customers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Mate you need to hold on to your hat because I am going to tell you something that will rock your world.

The foreigners in Pattaya did not invent prostitution in Thailand. The Thais did that long before any Westerners got here. They are simply "enjoying" the services which already existed.

Now are you going to tell the Thais they should clean up their act and stop using hookers? Good luck with that.

For what its worth I think your company should never have put you and your family in a place like Pattaya. Jomtien would have been far better for you.

Telling me prostitution has been around longer then when Thailand became a sex capital for tourists is hardly going to rock my world. Sorry but no education there fella.

Regarding my company sticking me and my family in Pattaya I couldn't agree more.

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Still you don't have any proof of that

your only link about an ''illegal sex traffic'' in Pattaya

was a dodgy link to a falsified and tout article in the Sun

it's not serious at all

the police here in Pattaya does a much better job with raids and arrests

on venues where underage prostitutes are involved.

Most of the time it's a small karaoke in the city vicinity

with a thai boss and thai customers

Im getting tired of repeating myself, if you don't agree with source as being credible search for your own, there are many for you to chose from.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sapson said:

Ok i shall re phrase it as the most user friendly adult themed playground spread out over a few square kms with a vast spectrum of attractions for all budgets!

You're not a solicitor are you and paid by the number of words?  I was ok with your original description. My only grouse is I can't find the place on google maps and my travel agent can't find any flights direct from Bangkok.

8 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Im getting tired of repeating myself, if you don't agree with source as being credible search for your own, there are many for you to chose from.

Sorry but it doesn't work this way

it's YOU pretending Pattaya has a massive illegal sex trade

so it's YOU the one who need to give some solid proof of your assertions

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

For goodnes sake, just open google and type sex trafficking in Thailand. There are dozens of organisations that rescue trafficked sex workers (including children) in Thailand, particularly Pattaya. For me when i find this out and kids are involved all best are off. I don't care what you say, you can defend the situation as much as you like, I find it shamefull..

https://www.destinyrescue.org/us/countries/thailand/

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/07/escaping-clutches-sex-trafficking-thailand-170730071208339.html

I picked these 2 randomly, now do some work for yourself and research what is really happening. 

8 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

http://un-act.org/thailand/

and another i just read,,, I am not sending you any more, get off your ar*e and do it yourself it you give a toss to research the truth.

22 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

http://un-act.org/thailand/

and another i just read,,, I am not sending you any more, get off your ar*e and do it yourself it you give a toss to research the truth.

I feel really sorry for you but i think you are totally lost in your moral crusade

you are still using generaly claiming links with no any proof of your statement

'' The money feeding the criminal element involved in the sex trade are responsible for human trafficking and the exploitation of children, do you have a nice long post to justify that? ''

i never said there is no any problem of sex abuse or sex exploitation in thailand

unfortunately there are in all countries and probably more in Thailand

but there is no link between the sex trade in Pattaya and these problems

I feel really sorry for you but i think you are totally lost in your moral crusade

you are still using generaly claiming links with no any proof of your statement

'' The money feeding the criminal element involved in the sex trade are responsible for human trafficking and the exploitation of children, do you have a nice long post to justify that? ''

i never said there is no any problem of sex abuse or sex exploitation in thailand

unfortunately there are in all countries and probably more in Thailand

but there is no link between the sex trade in Pattaya and these problems

Thailand is known for having a big human trafficking problem, the problem runs through forced labour in various industries to sex trafficking. There are lots and lots of organisations with mountains of data supporting this. There are many operatives working undercover, working with Thai authorities on ocassions to rescue women and children. It is well documented and I think you are a disgrace to take this stand. You should be ashamed of yourself, I have nothing more to say to someone like you. Goodbye, for good......

9 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Thailand is known for having a big human trafficking problem, the problem runs through forced labour in various industries to sex trafficking. There are lots and lots of organisations with mountains of data supporting this. There are many operatives working undercover, working with Thai authorities on ocassions to rescue women and children. It is well documented and I think you are a disgrace to take this stand. You should be ashamed of yourself, I have nothing more to say to someone like you. Goodbye, for good......

Lol

now you mix Thailand and Pattaya

plus you mix the forced labour in industries with the sex trade

i tought we was talking about Pattaya and only this city here

and his sex trade, you seem to be confused 

If you bother to read my previous posts i have no sympathy nor i support

any form of human traffic, but i support the freedom of each adult to chose his

own choice of life, prostitution, as a customer or as a prostitute, is one of them.

You are an abolitionist and you don't want any prostitution at all in the whole world 

and you try to put the shame on the customers, but doesn't work with me, sorry.

I wish you a nice day

Edited by kingofthemountain

I for one like the bar scene every now and then when associates or friends come here. Always nice seeing gals. It was what put Thailand on the map and many are lucky and able to get a good life from finding a husband. Save Pattaya, Save Thailand 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Lol

if you bother to read my previous posts i have no sympathy nor i support

own choice of life, prostitution, as a customer or as a prostitute, is one of them.

You are an abolitionist and you don't want any prostitution at all in the whole world 

I wish you a nice day

I am not mixing anything or confused. The fact is the problem is across Thailand including Pattaya that is specifically mentioned in many, many reports. I think the reality is you are in denial and will defend your position no matter what evidence you see or read. If you read my previous posts I am suggesting that a solution for the future of Pattaya could be to legalise prostitution, embrace what it is and advertise it as a premier sex tourist destination.  Regualating it could protect the women and tackle the illegal trafficking situation so you suggestion that I am an "abolistionist" is complete rubbish. I urge you to stop taking this stance and do some research for yourself, it is easy to obtain a lot of data and information, it is our duty as human beings to crack this kind of thing, thats what I am passionate about. If despite me telling you this you have no intention of checking for yourself then shame on you. Thankfully there are many people who do take the problem seriously and recognise it's existence, for the sake of the kids and women.... 

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Lol

if you bother to read my previous posts i have no sympathy nor i support

I wish you a nice day

https://behindthebadge.com/human-trafficking-is-horrible-anywhere-but-in-pattaya-thailand-its-a-thriving-disgrace/

6 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I know, it's shocking. Fact is the sex trade is ripe with illegal activity, including human trafficking and exploitation of children. Of course non of the sad losers using hookers in Pattaya ever have anything to do with any of this, they will tell you they deal with legitimate hookers only who want to do it and tell stories of their heroic deeds feeding the families of the poor. It may be the women they use were not forced into prostitution but they will never know, they think it's just a business transaction, no harm done, no victim. They are either stupid or they fail to recognise that their activity is fueling the very industry that does support horrific activity, including child prostitution. Frankly it makes me sick, just the thought of those poor girls makes me desperately sad. None of them are real men, not one. 

You have some real anger issues and issues with being "poor".  Not "real men"?  So where do you live and with whom and how is it you know about these things like human trafficking and "sex trade".  Your thai mother in law? Name one other country where these activities do not exist please.  There may be good reason it is the oldest profession

smal.jpeg

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You have some real anger issues and issues with being "poor". not "real men"?  So where do you live and with whom and how is it you know about these things like human trafficking and "sex trade".  Your thai mother in law? Name one other country where these do not also exist please.  

smal.jpeg

Yes I am passionate about the situation regarding the illegal and/or unregulated sex trade exposing women and children to abuse. I know things about the human trafficking and sex trade because one of my oldest friends is a foster parent and heavily involved in a charity fighting to protect children and vulnerable women. I found out about Pattaya after I started to live there and could see clearly the sex trade was everywhere. I am not married to a Thai woman. Again I give you the same advice I gave the other poster, research sex trafficking yourself and see what is going on in Thailand/Pattaya, or dont, live in denial. simply google it,, wont take you long. I wonder if either of you have the fortitude to actually investigate for yourselves?

• Thanks 1