Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

webfact

Just now, GAZZPA said:

Im not going there with you. Google them yourself and judge the credibility. There are plenty of them to find. I doubt you will accept anything from anywhere, not 1 of them because you need to justify yourself and you will turn your cheek on sex trafficking women and children so not to admit there is a problem.. it's pathetic, I have no other words.

So what your saying is you have no credible proof to back your claims............ why am I not surprised.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GAZZPA said:

So the 4 news clips and multiples of studies and data from multiples of source is not enough for you? Absolutely pathetic man you are. Google is your key to read all day about this problem if you have cohonies to do so. 

You linked a news tabloid.... what are you waffling on about ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

What are you saying in this mail? You are in agreement with me about regulation but you don't know how that would be done? Why don't you google all the places in the world where it has been legalized and regulated and see how they do it, start with the Netherlands..

Yes, the Netherlands, free health care, education, first world country. 

Unfortunately,  socio-economic-government in LOS is not comparable.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

But no man with any choices wants to live there.

Why is that?

I thought Holland and Denmark were 2 of the best countries to live in the world?

Some off topic also baiting posts leading to flames have been removed, please take a look at the topic title and try to stay on it:

Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

• Thanks 1

regarding the illegal and/or unregulated sex trade exposing women and children to abuse. I know things about the human trafficking and sex trade because one of my oldest friends is a foster parent and heavily involved in a charity fighting to protect children and vulnerable women.

Getting a lot of "exposure to abuse" on this thread. 

Helping humans who are being abused is noble and necessary.  "Handlers" trafficking or trading humans is abominable.

OP is more about brick and mortar entertainment venues where many young women try and make a life for themselves and/or help their families.  They realize risk and reward, and are doing it by choice.  Some leave as their hometown is already overpopulated and there is no work or jobs.  Others want to experience big city life, where they can be free to dress up and go out dancing, drinking, and having a good time.  And they all seem to love that obnoxious EDM (electronic dance music)  ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Getting a lot of "exposure to abuse" on this thread. 

Helping humans who are being abused is noble and necessary.  "Handlers" trafficking or trading humans is abominable.

OP is more about brick and mortar entertainment venues where many young women try and make a life for themselves and/or help their families.  They realize risk and reward, and are doing it by choice.  Some leave as their hometown is already overpopulated and there is no work or jobs.  Others want to experience big city life, where they can be free to dress up and go out dancing, drinking, and having a good time.  And they all seem to love that obnoxious EDM (electronic dance music)  ????

I think we got to the point of how to do something different in Pattaya. I think Thailand could adopt a more liberal view on prostitution and regulate it which will help stamp out the illegal human trafficking protecting women and kids... I genuinely think that could work, although I doubt Thailand will ever admit the sex trade in their own country, other then that don't see what Pattaya can do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But no man with any choices wants to live there.

Why is that?

I always wanted to choose a women behind a glass window????

Never been to Europe though

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

During my travels in S.E. Asia I have concluded that those that complain the loudest about, "sex traffickers and child abusers on Soi 6" are the ones most likely to use their facilities. NGO workers are the worst, just look at the abuse they carried out against children and adults alike in Haiti. Positively industrial.

Well you concluded wrong. I shout loud and I am certainly not a user "of the facilities" as you call them. I concluded  that it's mostly the quiet ones. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

"I think he doth protesteth too much sire"

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

"I think he doth protesteth too much sire"

Probably, I find it difficult not too with this topic. Cannot abide people who turn a blind eye... Anyway, enough, sun is shining here, I'm off out for a while. Stay safe...

I agree with the health ministry advisor.  They have to find another job.  Maybe being a cam girl online or playing video games half naked.  I saw a prank video (my mate nate) and apparently that scene has grown.

Edited by johnray

On 5/20/2020 at 12:22 AM, redwood1 said:

Musicians skills are only gained after years of hard work and do not really apply to any other job......Its a damm sad situation....

But things have been getting worse for musicians for decades already........Napster was the start of musicians wows.....Record sales started falling each year.....Then digital downloads stole most of musicians recording income....They only get fractions of a cent for digital downloads....

David Crosby and others have been very vocal about the music theft that is going on in the music industry...

Now if musicians cant play live they have almost zero income.....

Unfortunately, many of these self designated  "musicians" in tourist zones are awful. How many times do I have to hear Smoke on the Water, or Proud Mary or  any other  very poorly performed 1970's era <deleted>? It is one of the many reasons why the bars  didn't do well. That, and the filthy uncomfortable decor and the hovering of the  prostitutes. Not all of us want to be bothered by elderly hookers or folks we know  will share their herpes/ hiv/ warts/lice for a bit of dosh.

Many places in Thailand have done well. They have a focus and some of the following characteristics;

- Well trained staff

-  Safe and pleasant atmosphere

- Noise levels  that do not impair hearing and where you don't have to shout to be heard.

- Decent kitchens

- Fair pricing

- Friendliness

The absolutely worst places to have a drink are in the crowded ghetto beer bars found in Patong, Pattaya  etc. No ambiance and they attract too many losers.  Get rid of the cheap  dirty plastic chair type of bar/brothel and replace with places that have a vibe, and cut the number of the joints. 

Really pathetic response. you have done a complete u turn, so firstly i was talking nonsense about the problem and now you say it is a problem but you are now accusing  me of having something against the genuine sex workers? When did I say that? Did I not say to you to regulate it, protect everyone including you the women you seem to think I have something against. Until then the industry suffers, and if that is what it takes to protect children then so be it. So that means you lot will have to go and find real woman relationships instead of paying for it. 

Neither I, nor anyone else here ever said that trafficking wasn’t a problem where it is happening. What I have been telling you from the start is that it’s a completely separate conversation from bar girls who work in foreigner-frequented bars in Pattaya. 
Guess what? I’m against people who screw around with children too, but shutting down bars that employ women of legal age won’t help that problem either.

The industry in Pattaya is regulating itself just fine. If anything, they could use less government intervention from the guys who come around collecting envelopes every month. 

Do you honestly believe that the mafia has no hand in bringing all of the Eastern European women to Amsterdam? The only thing that more regulation will do is make sure the government gets its cut of the action.

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, ChipButty said:

Yep, illegal

You mean , farlangs / expats , being happy , illegal sure .

Big C ,  Lotus etc ,  have new smile test ,  farlang happy , he never buy house sure .

Thailand not want , farang have good brain , and have smile ..

Edited by elliss

52 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Unfortunately, many of these self designated  "musicians" in tourist zones are awful. How many times do I have to hear Smoke on the Water, or Proud Mary or  any other  very poorly performed 1970's era <deleted>? It is one of the many reasons why the bars  didn't do well. That, and the filthy uncomfortable decor and the hovering of the  prostitutes. Not all of us want to be bothered by elderly hookers or folks we know  will share their herpes/ hiv/ warts/lice for a bit of dosh.

Many places in Thailand have done well. They have a focus and some of the following characteristics;

- Well trained staff

- Noise levels  that do not impair hearing and where you don't have to shout to be heard.

- Decent kitchens

- Fair pricing

- Friendliness

The absolutely worst places to have a drink are in the crowded ghetto beer bars found in Patong, Pattaya  etc. No ambiance and they attract too many losers.  Get rid of the cheap  dirty plastic chair type of bar/brothel and replace with places that have a vibe, and cut the number of the joints. 

It sounds like you’re into a certain kind of establishment that offers a more upscale environment, and that’s great! There are more and more of those places popping up all the time for you to enjoy.

So why not let the people who want cheap beer, crappy cover bands, and ugly hostesses enjoy their fun in the kind of places they like? Nobody said you have to go there too.
As long as they have enough customers to pay the rent and keep the lights on, the dive bars have just as much right to exist as the fancier places. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, WillyPlatt said:

You could bore an <deleted> in a wooden donkey.

Whorehouse by the sea. Gals, guys and in between available.

Farang bar lifestyle available. Decent golf courses available locally.

Food not bad.

Enjoy the best of all worlds.

There isn't anywhere like it. Anyone tells you any different is lying.

That, Sir, is my point! 

15 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

You really need to get out and talk to some of the women who actually work in the bars. 

And sprinkle them with holy water, to see if they will steam.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

- Well trained staff

- Decent kitchens

- Fair pricing

- Friendliness

Nobody forces you to go places you don't like.... 

On 5/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, Oldie said:

Pattaya can change and look for tourists with other interests than sex and booze. Perhaps now is the best time for this. 

It has changed!  It's the sports capital! Or didn't you know?