Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

webfact

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

You have to see the bigger picture and not only the bar ladies in front of you. The ladies can work online and you save on Lady drinks and bar fines. On top of it you can often see ratings of other customers there. Bars are a thing of the past. Mostly old people go there who can't use the internet. And at some bars the ladies are dressed as nurses already that these old guys feel safer. And booze? There are so many other places for it. Even in front of a convenience store you often can sit and meet friends. Why wait for a happy hour where you still pay far too much and feel unhappy because of this? 

What App .. 

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Musicians skills are only gained after years of hard work and do not really apply to any other job......Its a damm sad situation....

But things have been getting worse for musicians for decades already........Napster was the start of musicians wows.....Record sales started falling each year.....Then digital downloads stole most of musicians recording income....They only get fractions of a cent for digital downloads....

David Crosby and others have been very vocal about the music theft that is going on in the music industry...

Now if musicians cant play live they have almost zero income.....

hey David i bought your CD, your Album and your F&&&&* cassette of CSN.  now you want me to pay for a streamed version?

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

The times are a changing Vegas change their image to a family entertainment place TIT

Correct Thailand will change, Pattaya being the dump that it is, and knowing the lack of any real investment rebranding it for bus loads of Chinese will not be difficult. Possibly by closing beach road, converting third road, one way south, maintaining a clean enviromemt around the beach. Take a walk down to the beach and observe how quickly it has been transformed into a place worth going.  I believe a lot of the boats in the harbor including the entertainment venues will disappear,  what remains, enforcing the plan to use the pier will be easy. This will attract a lot of high worth travelers, families, Thai people from Bangkok and surrounding provinces. This will take a little time, but it's on the cards. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

This fact that younger generations lack an appreciation for live music is very disturbing to me.  I know 2 guys here from USA, one mid-40's and another early 30's who both "love" and "listen" to EDM, they had to tell me it stands for Electronic Dance Music.  Elwood Blues said it best:  ".... leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, quasi-synth rhythms, pseudo-songs of violence-laden gangsta-rap, acid pop, and simpering, saccharine, soulless slush."

Going totally OT - But it really irritates me when I hear this recycled comment - there has always been bad music from all generations - people said the same about Punk.

Without argument, there are huge heaps of disposable electronic music, but there are stacks of music from the past 20 years that could be classified in the statement that have become classics for the new generation. Music is a constantly evolving medium, sometimes “we” get stuck in our ways, but it doesn’t mean its downfall of music as we know it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

They could turn all the bars into bridge clubs, but from a police harassment viewpoint that's probably riskier than having naked girls dancing around a pole, lol.

Maybe Food Panda can deliver a naked pole dancer from a selective menu for those who are hungry?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

I know it sounds bad but all the time people are being so kind , from bars and clubs giving out free food to help the needy .. the government won’t give a dam ... they will think long may it continue.. 

if they stopped helping .. people , poor people , starving people ... might take to the streets in anger 

they might think again ... 

No they will not take to the streets, who are you talking about? Bar girls who look good will hang about working from the net, The others will go home to the country. I wouldn't be surprised if we see most current and new retirees located up country with a lot of new bars in prime locations. Pattaya in the short term, there will be a small rise in crime, not lasting long the boys will follow the girls home. Over a short period of time, the volume of people giving free food will be reduced again encouraging people to return home. 100% no one is taking to the streets, maybe a few people in front of city hall which will go no where. After 13 years here and Bangkok, I can honestly say I have had the time of my life ???? Its with great sadness but I do believe Pattaya is going to change drastically over the coming two years, I might just go up country myself. 

44 minutes ago, dhind1 said:

I agree, Pattaya has some wonderful places, some sad places, and a variety for all. It is not a dump.

Edited by pmk1000
Post to another comment